NEurope

On the 'Rabbid Channel' which you add to your wii menu theres contest's for the best rabbid...i say do your work Redshell and create all manner of nintendo-themed ones! you can also send em to your friends...i.e..ME! haha

Played about 2 hours non-stop of this! Love it...one of the best third-party wii games this year, easily.

I picked this game up yesterday, couldn't wait any longer! What a mistake though...

...Not buying it sooner that is! :grin:

Rabbids Go Home is sensational! :bouncy:

Seriously, for me this game is right up there with other Wii exclusive 3rd party classics like Eledees, Zack & Wiki, Kororinpa, de Blob, etc... If someone would have told me that I'd be rating a Ubisoft game this highly I'd have thought they were high! :heh: But sure enough this is a Ubisoft title and it's amazing.

It's like a supercharged version of supermarket sweep. Running all over the place with the shopping trolley doing jumps, crashing into things, going through tubes, KO'ing dogs, scaring the clothes off people... :laughing: You do all that and a lot more in this game. And it controls so well, that doing all of those things is a lot of fun.

Presentation wise it's not bad at all, the visual style is very simple but has a really nice overall design, the environments and models are all pretty low-poly but even so the Rabbids literally explode with character and the animation can be superb. The biggest downside is that it suffers from quite a bit of screen tearing, but most of the time you'll be way too involved in the action to notice it.

One of my favourite aspects of the presentation is the traditional 2D animated shorts that introduce each stage, these are really retro in style and beautifully animated. :love:

But the best part of the presentation has to be in the audio department, not so much the music (which is a mixture of mental brass band stuff and some quite surprising licensed music) but the effects, the sound design is absolutely top notch. I guess because music is used quite sparingly they decided to focus more on sound effects, either way you really appreciate it when sliding down a tube and hearing the twists and turns pan across your speakers, or having a jumbo jet fly inches over your head with all the authenticity of the real thing and an earth shaking amount of bass to go with it!

Something else I have got to mention is the "In Ze Wiimote" bit, after the first few stages you can start to customize your Rabidds by sucking them into the Wii Remote! Seeing the inside of your Wii Remote on screen and hearing the Rabbid inside it via the remote speaker as you shake/tilt it around and press the buttons is hilarious. It's one of the most ingenious uses of the Wii that I've seen, major hat tipping going out to those that came up with this crazy stuff. :bowdown:

Other nice features include being able to snap photos during gameplay (they get posted to the Wii Message Board) and the ability to install the Rabbids Channel on your Wii Menu, in which you can use Wi-Fi connection to check out and download custom Rabbids and enter themed contests. All of this makes it seem more like a Nintendo produced title than a 3rd party product.

So there you have it, I'm loving this game... Big time. Will it be for everyone? Hmm, probably not to be honest, it's incredibly loud, wacky and downright ridiculous. The gameplay could perhaps be monotonous for some people and it’s also worth mentioning that (so far at least) it is extremely easy.

But if you like any of the games I mentioned earlier in this post, or you put comedy value and having fun above graphics, story, difficulty level, etc... And like the sound of an incredibly loud, wacky and downright ridiculous game that will make you laugh, and it will make you laugh. Then you definitely need to be checking this one out. :cool:

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to send my Mr.T and Mario Rabbids out on another trolley dash. :D

RedShell, you bought this instead of Boy and his Blob?! For shame! :angry:

I put an hour into this yesterday and even though I don't share RedShells excitement for the game ( I wouldn't put it up there with Zack & Wiki! ) it is an enjoyable romp.

Visually the game seems to have a muddy look to it, this could just be be because i've come off playing the colourful and smooth looking Boy and his Blob but they just don't grab me. The cutscenes while funny seem to be compressed pretty badly aswell with slight screen tearing going on, they just don't look smooth when they play out.

I will say that the humour of the Rabbids is still there though. I love listening to the tune of the one who plays the tuba, its so wacky and catchy. Something of the crazy sounds they make are flat out hilarious. Also, running around with a Rabbid wearing a thong who steers a shopping trolley is just stupidly funny :D

The game is easy but when you are having this much fun who cares, right?

Redshell PLEASE could you create a 'Frank The Rabbit' Rabbid (from Donnie Darko, of course) for me using your artistic talent? I would be very grateful..not 100% sure how and if you can do it...but if you try you'll make me a very happy rabbid..lol :grin:

I've been on this since about 11 this morning and i've just finished the game.

Alot of the level objectives tend to repeat throughout the game ( catch the cow, chase the secretary, grab the sick patient ). Too many levels look dark and bland, the early mall level is one of the best as its quite colourful, something they should have stuck to.

I got sick of seeing the same cutscene over and over again, as much as I love the Rabbids there only so many times you can watch them fly down the sewer system and smile. another thing that annoyed me was the cutscene was exactly the same no matter what item you had just collected. At one point I stole a plane and the thing was just crudely pasted on the little raft that it was going through the scenery.

I had a major glicth on one of the levels aswell, I was running around doing a trolley dash when I suddenly went through a set of stairs. My Rabbids were just falling constantly in a yellow background, I had to start the whole level again.

After finishing it I think the game could have done with a little more time in development and im glad I didn't splash full price on it. Its still worth a look but its bound to be cheap in the Christmas/New Year sales just like every other Rabbids game has been.

RedShell, you bought this instead of Boy and his Blob?! For shame! :angry:
Sorry amigo, but those Rabbids on the box were just staring at me in every shop I went to! While Boy and his Blob was obviously nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes: Couldn't take the pressure so I caved in. :heh:

I put an hour into this yesterday and even though I don't share RedShells excitement for the game ( I wouldn't put it up there with Zack & Wiki! ) it is an enjoyable romp.
The comparison to those games I mentioned before is down to the amount of enjoyment I got from them more than anything, how much they made me laugh. In terms of overall quality and polish, Zack & Wiki is clearly in a different league compared to Rabbids Go Home.

The game is easy but when you are having this much fun who cares, right?
Exactly! And it is soooo much fun.

The Jet engine level in particular is just amazing! I had such a blast playing that stage that I replayed it like 3 or 4 times right after clearing it. It reminded me of a story stage on F-Zero GX too (obviously not because of the difficulty :laughing:) the one where you have to escape from the tunnel while avoiding moving doors.

Another thought that crossed my mind while playing it for the first time was all of this controversy surrounding the airport bit on that new Modern Warfare game, I was thinking hmm... what's worse, going around an airport shooting loads on innocent people, or going around an airport sucking them into a jet engine?

It's a good job Rabbids doesn't have a realistic visual style ey? :grin:

Redshell PLEASE could you create a 'Frank The Rabbit' Rabbid (from Donnie Darko, of course) for me using your artistic talent? I would be very grateful..not 100% sure how and if you can do it...but if you try you'll make me a very happy rabbid..lol :grin:
Sure I'll give it a go, love messing with the editor on this game. :love:

I had a major glicth on one of the levels aswell, I was running around doing a trolley dash when I suddenly went through a set of stairs. My Rabbids were just falling constantly in a yellow background, I had to start the whole level again.

After finishing it I think the game could have done with a little more time in development and im glad I didn't splash full price on it. Its still worth a look but its bound to be cheap in the Christmas/New Year sales just like every other Rabbids game has been.

I've not come across any major glitches like that, but I did get a weird one where a human had climbed on top of one of those spinning signs but was floating in mid air slightly to the side of it. :hehe:

Hopefully the falling down continually glitch you got is a rare thing.

Anyway, I came across these great vids earlier today, check 'em out:

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. icon14.gif

I have a newfound respect for Ubisoft now after playing this game and seeing those vids.

How long will they stay in my good books though, that is the question? ;)

Yep, this is one addictive game! Gotta love those rabbids! :p

It's way better than I had expected, really. It's not the deepest of games, but it sure in fun. And it has rthat compelling one-more-go-feel to it, or even worse, that I-can-do-better-so-let's-do-that-again-feel. So... many hours... lost...

Oh, and made me a Mario-rabbid. Scary as hell, I tell ya.

icon4.gif Have you lot seen this?:

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=104525

That can't be for real surely!? Bloody stupid if so. :angry:

My advice to anyone wanting the game, hurry up and find a copy just in case this is true! :eek:

So many figurines!! Which ones have you lot got?
I didn't get one with my copy, or was it a pre-order thing?

I want them ALL! I have a Sam Fisher Rabbid from Game and a wee footballer one (with a plastic footy) from when the first game came out.

I was just skimming back through GoNintendo and saw the same piece of news as RedShell above:

Ubisoft receiving Rabbids Go Home complaints concerning foul language?

November 17, 2009 by The News Team Filed Under: Wii

Ubisoft might have an issue on their hands, as there's some chatter concerning the language in Rabbids Go Home. It looks like more than a handful of users are complaining about some of the language in the title. The only line I can think of that's possibly causing trouble is when one of the NPCs states that the Rabbids are pissing him off. I have to say that I was surprised to hear that word in the game, but I never thought it would cause any real trouble. It seems that Ubisoft will be commenting on the issue very soon.

There are reports that the game has been taken off shelves in the UK, and we can confirm that GAME has yanked them, but Ubisoft says there hasn't been a recall. I can't wait to see how they explain all this! Thanks to an anonymous GAME employee for the heads up!

Owen, RedShell, H-o-T: what sort of crazed swearing is there in this game? Please tell me its in French. :laughing:

Owen, I sent you the Donnie Darko Rabbid earlier on. Hope you like it, was quite tricky to make because it really needs the teeth to look right, but seeing as the Rabbids have their mouths open 99% of the time, I made it without them otherwise it looked like he had 2 mouths. :heh:

Owen, RedShell, H-o-T: what sort of crazed swearing is there in this game? Please tell me its in French. :laughing:
The only line I can think of is "I'm getting pissed off!" which you hear sometimes when harassing the humans. :grin:

So yeah, I suppose they're on about that. ::shrug:

Most shops are selling the game with a free figurine. I have the one with goth rayman riding a rabbid. I want more....

Owen, I sent you the Donnie Darko Rabbid earlier on. Hope you like it, was quite tricky to make because it really needs the teeth to look right, but seeing as the Rabbids have their mouths open 99% of the time, I made it without them otherwise it looked like he had 2 mouths. :heh:

Thankyou so much mate! I'll go check it out now! :bouncy:

EDIT: How do i find it? haha...does it come as a letter on the wii dashboard or something?

Edited by Owen

How do i find it? haha...does it come as a letter on the wii dashboard or something?
I'm not sure to be honest. :hmm:

Perhaps it goes straight into the "Figures" section on the "In The Wii Remote" bit.

That makes sense actually, as you'd need to choose which Rabbid to apply the skin to.

Nice! icon14.gif

ooh good deal. is the game worth it ?
Hell yeah! Funniest Wii game out there, by far! :bouncy:

I completed it today. :yay:

Got all of the presents, not that difficult really but a few of the later stages were a little bit tricky. Particularly when the collector Rabbid points were so far apart from each other.

I loved the Rabbids reaction to not reaching the moon on the ending cut-scene, his disappointed ehh? noise and facial expression... Genius! :heh:

Glad they made it in the end though, sequel in outer space anyone?

Has anyone managed to collect every single item in the game? I only got 1000/1000 on the early stages, the rest were all just over the 900 mark. Will definitely be going back to try and find everything though. :grin:

I noticed there are...

Still quite a few locked Rabbid figurines in the Remote section too, do these get unlocked by collecting all the items?

Anyway, great game. Such an awesome sense of humour and just so much fun to play. One of my favourite Wii games for sure. And it literally came out of nowhere! :o

By the way, the latest Rabbids Expo is Pirates! Check out my entry here:

http://rabbids.com/izw/A00A01L49

Vote for it too if you like. ;)

Oh- And if anyone is interested in the soundtrack, it's been released on iTunes:

: peace:

Yikes, that's unusual. I can't imagine Ubisoft will be too happy with this. I mean, they want to keep their available demographic wide open for something like this, right?

Yikes, that's unusual. I can't imagine Ubisoft will be too happy with this. I mean, they want to keep their available demographic wide open for something like this, right?

Rabbids Go Home is sponsoring shows on CITV (I think that was the channel, anyway), so this is a bit of a fail.

Gametrailers Review - 8.0

Hmm, I'm definately more interested in it after watching that! May pick it up sometime!

Just seen this on GAME:

To celebrate the upcoming release of Rabbids Go Home on Wii GAME are giving away a token for the Wii Store to download the Rabbids Go Home Mini game! All you need to do is purchase a selected Wii Family Game for Christmas and we will email you the token.

List of games can be found: http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=12602&cm_sp=familyoffer-_-topnav-_-rabbids

Doesn't sound too bad.

Edited by Ike

Rabbids Go Home is sponsoring shows on CITV (I think that was the channel, anyway), so this is a bit of a fail.
It certainly does make me wonder about the way PEGI work, not to mention the switch from the BBFC in the UK. :hmm: Because a 12+ rating for this game is simply ridiculous!

I just hope it won't have an adverse effect on any possible future title, i.e. causing Ubisoft to tone down the humour/innuendo/un-political correctness :heh: for the sake of keeping a low age rating. :shakehead

Hmm, I'm definately more interested in it after watching that! May pick it up sometime!
What's wrong, the N-E seal of approval not good enough for you? ;)

neseal.gif