NEurope

^ I'd rather they spent the money on their games tbh, than animated teasers that have nothing to do with the game. Fair enough if it's game related, but what's the point in ones like the above?!

Remember now, We haven't seen a proper Rayman game in about 8 years.

If Ubisoft has been working on a real Rayman platformer since then........wow!

^ I'd rather they spent the money on their games tbh, than animated teasers that have nothing to do with the game. Fair enough if it's game related, but what's the point in ones like the above?!

I expect the majority of the people who will end up buying this aren't going to care that much about the gameplay that much, so putting more money into the marketing (as the majority of the people who will end up buying this probably don't look up games online), so that more people buy it.

Although, it would be nice if the actual games were as good as the shorts.

IGN have a preview up:

[...] you can even paint and texture the rabbids via a new Rabbids Body Painting area that feels like a simplified version of Photoshop. Spray paint, add textures, and more. When you're done, your crazy creations will be saved and you can then import them into the single-player mode. And you can even save them as figurines, all in various poses for added effect -- and these can be traded with friends or uploaded to Ubi over WiiConnect24. Gamers will eventually be able to vote on their favorite figurines.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/101/1016206p1.html

Rabbids Go Home will have online features:

* Dedicated Rabbids Channel;

* Photo mode: during the game you can take some pics and then share them on the Rabbids Channel;

* Contest mode: you can share the rabbids you have created, and then view the creations of other players. There will also be contests like those on the Check Mii Out Channel;

* Online leaderboards where your score is represented by the height of your junk tower.

customization videos:

24m5fli.gif

The online features sound pretty cool. Has any other third party game so far had its own dedicated channel? Even judging by the Check Mii Out functionality you can see that Ubi are in cahoots with Nintendo.

Matt over at IGN has reviewed Rabbids Go Home, awarding it a very impressive 8.5. :bowdown:

This title at times feels like an action romp and at times a platformer on wheels, but regardless of the scenario, you'll be having fun and smiling if not laughing. The presentation is generally polished (minus some stupidly long load times between areas) and the grocery cart-based controls are fluid and satisfying. What the game lacks in narrative arch and difficulty progression it makes up for with some hilarious Rabbid antics.

Full review can be found here.

I've got the other Rabbits games for the Wii so I might get this but only when the price drops. Still no Rayman I see?

I had all three Rabbids games, now i have just the third one...but this looks really different...i wait for a price drop though...it'll be £19.99 by Jan.

EDIT: Screw that, even Kotaku like it...i'm taking the plunge..anything like Mario and good old fashion platformers is gonna rock in my book!

Edited by Owen

8/10 from Eurogamer! Looking goooood! :grin:

Sweet, they are usually a reliable source!

I see that H-o-T got the game with his new black Wii so it should only be a matter of time before he enlightens us with his impressions.

Got this too. It's a tight controlling, light-hearted game which provides a lot of creativity, unique platforming and stylised graphics.

Liking the whole vibe it has. Admirable/loveable title but feels a little alien due to it missing mini games which were a previous staple of the Rabbids outings.

Lovely surprise though. Easy but very satisfying to play. Definately a collectathons dream!

I was just watching some vids of this game, (first that I've seen of it) and I have to say I'm really liking what I've seen so far. :hehe:

It just looks like such great fun! And the customization feature really caught my eye as well:

I love how they're inside the Wii Remote too, that is genius! :laughing:

So yeah seems like I have yet another game to add to my "to buy list", damn that list is getting pretty BIG. :eek:

Theres a clear improvement over the other Rabbid games the minute you start playing...presentation is much much cleaner...the controls are superb, seeing as your controlling the shopping cart, it's brilliant that the controls are so tight! It's raised a smile or two so far, it's 'stupid' humour, but seeing a bunch of rabbids playing in a brass band while zooming down a sewer to grab as much stuff in our world is pretty hilarious!

Loving it so far, supposadely the earlier levels are quite simple but get much more complex later on, it seems like it's gonna be a easy ride..but i'm really enjoying it, pleased i purchased this so far!

2unya20.jpg
:o

That is bloody brilliant! icon14.gif

I'm thinking I might need to pick this one up before New Super Mario Bros. now... :hehe: