NEurope

bun.jpg

- action/adventure game

- Rabbids have decided they want to go home, but they don’t know where home is. For whatever reason, they decide that the Moon is their destination

- Rabbids goal is to collect enough junk to build a tower to reach the moon

- control two Rabbids at once: one sits inside a shopping cart, another pushes

- push cart into various junk to collect it

- some items require extra steps to collect

- use ‘BWAH!’ attack to scare clothing off of NPCs, then collect to add to your tower

- other items are used to give rabbids new abilities, power-ups for their cart

Urgh.

Would quite like a new 2D Rayman game please. The original game was a masterpiece.

- action/adventure game

Finally! I'm not expecting it to be that good, but at least its not a Mini-game collection.

Finally! I'm not expecting it to be that good, but at least its not a Mini-game collection.

My reaction exactly. It's Ubisoft so it won't be a masterpiece (at all). And they remove Rayman when they come back to his genre... ::shrug:

- action/adventure game

Sounds promising! then...

- Rabbids have decided they want to go home, but they don’t know where home is. For whatever reason, they decide that the Moon is their destination

- Rabbids goal is to collect enough junk to build a tower to reach the moon

- control two Rabbids at once: one sits inside a shopping cart, another pushes

- push cart into various junk to collect it

- some items require extra steps to collect

- use ‘BWAH!’ attack to scare clothing off of NPCs, then collect to add to your tower

- other items are used to give rabbids new abilities, power-ups for their cart

ah right!... not so much.

Yeah why didn't they do a new Rayman platformer, with him vs the Rabbids.

You fool, don't talk sense. This is Ubisoft here.

I actually enjoyed the first Raving Rabbids game, but I haven't played the sequels. Personally, I think the idea of an adventure game sounds quite sweet, as there is potential to have some good humour and fun there. But, what I really want is for Ubi to just put some extra time and effort into it, to make it special. I think the first RRR game had some good quality to it, but it was just lacking that extra something to really make it a must own. That's the same problem that they had with Red Steel. The ideas that Ubisoft have are sometimes really, really good ideas, but they just don't execute them well enough, for me.

Wasn't the first RRR game on the DS that?

The ideas that Ubisoft have are sometimes really, really good ideas, but they just don't execute them well enough, for me.

Yeah but its not all about you is it!

Lol, I kid. :heh:

I pretty much agree with everything else you said- right down to owning and enjoying the first Rabbids game but not having had a go at the other ones. The Rabbids are great characters so an adventure game starring them is no brainer and has tons of potential! :hehe:

Though have to say it's not sounding much like an adventure atm, it sounds more like Katamari or something!

will we ever see another rayman game like this? easily one of the most under appreciated games..

And they remove Rayman when they come back to his genre... ::shrug:

Rayman hasn't been selling the past three titles!

ONM info:

- 6 hub worlds, 20 environments, over 50 missions

- roughly 100 different humans, all based on various stereotypes

- main enemies are the Verminators and Vermi-dogs

- Verminators set traps to catch Rabbids, but they are actually scared of Rabbids

- levels hide various collectibles

- collect target items for new abilities: use a hospital patient’s oxygen bed to float

- new game mechanics added in roughly every 20 minutes

- target items can help you progress in other environments

- chase, battle, time attack, boss missions

- 15 hours of gameplay

- cutscenes explain missions

- crazy music and slapstick comedy…and fart jokes

- each mission ends with you flushing your goodies down a toilet

- multiplayer, but details not yet revealed

- locations: Airport, Builders’ Yard, Graveyard, Museum, Office, Pile, Supermarket (may be more)

- games of inspiration: Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy

- motion-control for opening doors and other context-sensitive events

- took almost a year to decide what direction to go with the game

- took almost a year to decide what direction to go with the game

Then they took their fingers out of their Petz arses.

- games of inspiration: Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy

Racing around and around a globe! :blank:

- new game mechanics added in roughly every 20 minutes

- 15 hours of gameplay

Seems like a mini game complilation jacked into a "quest"

- cutscenes explain missions

MEGATON! SOLD!

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost

Actually, I quite like the sound of that. I don't expect it to be a earthshattering new gaming experience, but if they pull it off, this could be good fun!

And it's got rabbids in it. What more can you ask! ;)

The first RRR was quite good, the second not very, but the third, TV-party, is the best of the bunch IMO.

Looks good :D

33tm2rp.jpg

Gameplay Footage

IGNs Hands-on

When third-party behemoth Ubisoft unveiled the new Wii-exclusive title Rabbids Go Home, I -- like so many other players -- figured it must be the next in the continuing series of Rayman-inspired mini-game fests for Nintendo's console. But I was wrong on multiple levels, most obviously because this new project from the team behind Beyond Good & Evil and King Kong doesn't star Rayman at all. It's all about the always-funny Rabbids. And gone with the limbless mascot are the mini-games that saturated the Rayman Wii projects. In their place, Nintendo fans are treated to the console's first so-called "comedy adventure," according to Ubisoft. I've wondered exactly what the description really means for a few weeks. The limited screenshots of the title in motion show Rabbids riding around in shopping carts, but it's been difficult to walk away from interviews and media blasts with any real sense of the play experience encapsulated within. Thankfully, though, Ubisoft was kind enough to send me the E3 2009 build of the title so that I could report back to you in this exclusive hands-on piece with the legitimate scoop on what to expect from the ambitious offering. So what can you expect? Well, it really is a comedy adventure.

A few factoids up front. The E3 2009 demo -- the very version that will be playable on the show floor next week -- is comprised of four levels and an extra special bonus area that I'm not allowed to detail yet. The four levels in question include the Super Packet in the Supermarket (a grocery store), the Bubble Bed Bonanza (a hospital), the Rabbid Fire Reaction (an airport) and Cow-Tch Me If You Can (outdoors). The build is incomplete and not representative of changes yet to be introduced. For example, levels currently take forever to load and the framerate is marred by occasional hiccups. Obviously, load times will go away for the most part and Ubi is gunning for a final fluidity of 60 frames per second, a truth that always makes me happy. Still, even with these technical issues, the gameplay experience had is good fun and I'm excited for the finished work.

Rabbids Go Home begins as the goofy critters awaken from a hypnotic daze brought on by playing too many Wii-like mini-games. As they remove various peripherals and helmets, they notice a whole world outside and it dons on them that they need to go home. Of course, they don't really know where home is, so they decide to try the moon and to get there they travel the human world in search of all kinds of material junk that they can pile into a huge tower that stretches to Earth's nearest neighbor. Makes perfect sense, right? Well, it does if you're a Rabbid. The story leads to gameplay situations in which two or more Rabbids ride around in a grocery cart while avoiding obstacles and collecting junk for that enormous tower of theirs. Simple.

The game features a very pleasing art style and presentation that to me seems very -- well, the word really is French; there's no better description. It's all inspired by minimalist 60s and 70s architecture, with its straight lines and uncluttered aesthetic -- incidentally, this graphic choice works well on Nintendo's console. The Rabbids flail and scream as you roll them through the environments on their grocery cart and rail-thin humans flee in every direction to avoid being clobbered. Since the crazy characters are always on either grocery carts or in some cases airplane turbines, they coast and float through locales much more than they walk or run through them, and there's realistic physics-based sway and momentum to their movements.

The controls are pretty straightforward based on what I've played so far. The camera is fully automatic and shoots the action appropriately. You maneuver the Rabbids with the nunchuk's analog stick. They roll around in their cart pretty slowly, but you can hold the A button and that'll speed them up significantly. If that's not enough for you, you can press the B-trigger for a quick dash. Meanwhile, the only offensive maneuver I've seen is tied to waggle. Shake the Wii remote and the Rabbids scream and flail, essentially scaring the daylight out of passersby. This execution will also ruffle up objects in their immediate vicinity like, for example, papers on a desk or a cabinet full of drawers, at which point the critters can collect the newly scattered contents for their junk pile.

The control scheme feels good and I have encountered some context-sensitive additions. For instance, if the Rabbids encounter a hospital bed, you'll be prompted to press the A button and they'll jump into it, bounce, and proceed forward to the next one. (I'm glad there's a context-sensitive jump because the omission of jumping altogether feels unnecessary.) And sometimes you'll gain access to odd items that enhance their abilities. At the end of the same hospital level, they pick up a bubble boy who enables them the temporary power to float through the air, which they use to travel across skyscraper rooftops in a very stylized and engaging sequence of events.

The Rabbid humor is back and as strange and funny as ever. In one level, your objective is to first trail and then catch a cow so that you can transport it to your junk transport system: a dirty toilet. Yeah, the Rabbids send all their junk back to the big pile via the city's always-yellow toilets. Yummy. Throughout all the stages, the critters will literally scare the clothing off people who cross their path (and you can collect the clothing as the humans run around screaming). And as you ride around on jet turbines in the airport stage, you will actually suck items into the engines, including some of the people who try to hunt you.

I've feel like I've only glimpsed a few levels from what will undoubtedly be a pretty big project from Ubisoft, but Rabbids Go Home is already good fun, even in its unpolished state. Be sure to check out the exclusive video and new screenshots provided in today's update so that you can fully understand and hopefully appreciate just how the game plays.

rabbids-go-home-20090527042513841-000.jpg

rabbids-go-home-20090527042518794-000.jpg

rabbids-go-home-20090527042521388-000.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

I am prepared to purchase this game on the single specific basis that I get to strip President Barack Obama down to his underwear.

Wow at the plane jet engine gameplay! :o Its like Katamari with a shopping cart! :)

Huh, based on that gameplay video I won't be getting this. Looks pretty boring, and surely it's never a good sign when even in their own promotional video it doesn't appear to control particularly well.

What's really bugging me about that gameplay video, is that no matter what your opinions are of it, whether or not you think it looks good, it does NOT look like something the team behind Beyond Good & Evil (correct me if I'm wrong here) have spent the last 2/3 years making.

Hopefully they surprise us all at E3 with gameplay footage that has more variety and depth.

But then again, this is Ubi soft.

Ooobi-soft...Meh.

Looks hilarious - the game footage they were showing at Ubisoft's presser really turned my attention to the game. The Rabbid customization inside the Wiimote made me laugh rather hard at 2:30am :laughing:

Discuss here!