NEurope
david.dakota

The Wire on BBC Two

Acclaimed American TV series The Wire starts on BBC Two Monday 30th March at 11.20. The series - all 60 episodes over five seasons - is to be shown over consecutive week nights.

Don't miss it, this is cracking tv.

Wait what....5 a week? Thats mental. Cool though. I'll start from season 2 as I only got a few episodes in.

Watch it anyway Cube, first series is ridiculously good.

Well, iplayer y'know :P

Not all imported shows can be shown on iPlayer.

Best solution, record it with series link on Freeview+, Freesat+, etc. And watch at your leisure.

Edited by david.dakota

I would watch this, but with it being every night, I can't guarantee that.

Piss, crap, shit, bugger!

I just bought the first 2 on DVD seasons of this yesterday. Lets see if its too late to cancel.

Hmm. I really want to watch this but it is on every night at 11:20. I forsee very little chance of me watching this. :(

A good series but I couldn't imagine giving up 4-5 hours a week for it, it's a slow show that should be taken at a leisure, not forced down your throat at the rate of one a day.

(Bring on jayseven to argue the other side of the coin, who does the opposite and watches entire series in a day)

When I was watching it, I was hitting 2-3 a day. Not at a particular time,, mind, but 1 a day isn't that much.

course, jayseven is a muppet and an entire season in a day is madness.

I would watch this, but with it being every night, I can't guarantee that.

Hmm. I really want to watch this but it is on every night at 11:20. I forsee very little chance of me watching this. :(

Record this shit right here!

This is the sort of thing that would, I I hadn't already seen it all, keep me alive every day for absolutely ages. I will be trying very hard to force people to watch this show. Just imagining a s05 finale with like 8 mates sitting around, seeing their faces... GAWD

A good series but I couldn't imagine giving up 4-5 hours a week for it, it's a slow show that should be taken at a leisure, not forced down your throat at the rate of one a day.

(Bring on jayseven to argue the other side of the coin, who does the opposite and watches entire series in a day)

When I was watching it, I was hitting 2-3 a day. Not at a particular time,, mind, but 1 a day isn't that much.

course, jayseven is a muppet and an entire season in a day is madness.

Lawl :P One ep a day is fairly leisurely, but your life will just be The Wire for the eternity it will take to see the whole show.

Very surprised they're doing one-a-day as most people surely won't be able to see every single episode each week. Perhaps a sunday-catch-up type thing is in order. Or maybe bbc three will air previous week's episode an hour before? Ho hum.

Nobody has an excuse. Watch the first three episodes. Give it that much of a chance.

I'll set the Video Plus. I've heard nothing but good things. Anything that gets Charlie Brooker's approval must be watchable.

Seen season 1 so this is perfect for watching season 2 when it comes on; without paying, woop. I reckon I'll sky plus it all week, then watch 5 on a Sunday.

All this yet no-one has said what it is about? Fill me in.

doesn't matter. watch it :bouncy:

Having seen season 1 (and I'll be seeing the following seasons as soon as possible), I recommend everyone watch this, for their own personal benefit. It's actually amazing. Sadly, I doubt I'll have the time in term to rewatch each episode on iplayer, and I don't have a TV so recording isn't really possible.

Chiming in, this is the best tv I have ever watched. If you miss it you are a disgrace to society.

Also it's not as good as I'm saying so don't let that put you off.

The first episode was good.

I like how realistic it is. Very hard to understand everything in detail (it's very detailed), but I suppose once I get into it, I'll deal.

I watched the first episode, just not feeling it tbh :/ I can see why people like it but after watching it and only being half-interested in what was going on I just don't see any point in continuing to watch it. ::shrug:

I think there's a strong danger with this show; people's expectations are built up massively by those who have seen it.

Try and abide by a 3-episode ruling. Watch 3 shows then decide whether to carry on.

I watched the first episode, just not feeling it tbh :/ I can see why people like it but after watching it and only being half-interested in what was going on I just don't see any point in continuing to watch it. ::shrug:

You can't enjoy it as much as people who have seen the whole thing because there's mountains of characterisation and awesome writing later on. I didn't really get it for the first 5 or so episodes and then all of a sudden I was hooked. The show gets better as it goes along too (or at least I thought so) but to be honest I don't think anything I've ever watched has made my sympathise/hate(I'm looking at you, Marlo) characters so much and I watch a LOT of TV.

I think there's a strong danger with this show; people's expectations are built up massively by those who have seen it.

And who's fault is that bitches?! :blank:

I have been meaning to get around to it. Even Charlie Brooker recommends it in his older book Screen Burn. Is it anything like The Shield?