NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

I started Quest for Booty last night and finished it off this morning ( only 2-3 hours long ) so now im all caught up and ready for A Crack in Time. My order got shipped yesterday so fingers crossed it arrives today.

I started Quest for Booty last night and finished it off this morning ( only 2-3 hours long ) so now im all caught up and ready for A Crack in Time. My order got shipped yesterday so fingers crossed it arrives today.

Same here, shall have to wait and see...

Anyone tried the demo?

I played a tiny bit at eurogamer expo, but noticed Mass Effect 2 became free so i ran for that. I have not tried a demo if there is one out on the console.

Is Ratchet and Clank a game i should give more than the first level to try and get into?

I would prob say so yes. When i first played on ToD i liked it straight away but a friend of mine it took him a few levels before he 'loved it'.

Anyone tried the demo?

Yup, tried the Ratchet side demo and it was business as usual :D

Its just arrived! Let the rescue of Clank commence!!!

Is Ratchet and Clank a game i should give more than the first level to try and get into?

I'd certainly say yes. I think half the fun of the game is the progression of the weapons and slowly turning into a seasoned pro and becoming kick ass....

I'm gonna pick up Quest for Booty soonish having just completed Tools of Destruction and then will pick up the new one some time in the new year. Check out area5.tv and their latest episode of Co-op for a full review it really sheds the game in a good light and one think that stuck me was how much better the animations looked than in tools of destruction...

My copy has now arrived!

Jealous! Waiting for mine...but no sign of postman, i completed Tools Of Destruction in the end..and i'm right at the end of quest for booty..but i might just stall that and play this..haha :grin:

EDIT: Sneeky postman is right behind me when i was writing that! haha..hopefully get it and be able to play it much later!

Quark is hilarious as ever, ive only been on it a couple of hours and he's already made me LOL a few times.

At the moment im just flying around in my ship doing sidequests on the small planets. Ive found quite a few Golden Bolts and Zoni doing this. :)

I quite like the taping puzzles you have to do with Clank, I can see them becoming pretty tricky before the game is over.

Well i was enjoying this game until it kept freezing on a certain part and now my save data is corrupted!!!! AAARRRHHHHH

Well i was enjoying this game until it kept freezing on a certain part and now my save data is corrupted!!!! AAARRRHHHHH

unlucky...any other reports of it happening?

unlucky...any other reports of it happening?

I did a quick google and have not seen anything.

I better not get back to where i was on this new save and it happens again.

EDIT: I cleaned the disc and started again, avoided any side mission stuff i did and got to the scene it kept freezing on, it hasn't done it this time so hopefully thats the last time it does that!

Edited by Mike1988uk
Update

Does this game worth the money to see what happened to Clank?

I read many reviews and almost all them say that this Ratchet and Clank is more of the same, but all I want to know if it is funny and if it has some radical changes in the aspect of the worlds.

Does this game worth the money to see what happened to Clank?

I read many reviews and almost all them say that this Ratchet and Clank is more of the same, but all I want to know if it is funny and if it has some radical changes in the aspect of the worlds.

From what I have seen there is plenty of new stuff on other. New improved spaceship sections, new side missions with Super Mario Galaxy style planets..(something they did in one of the earlier Rachet games?) New and built upon wrench mechanics also think Clanks stuff is much more fully realised than previous years.

Finished Quest for Booty today :) I started it in August when I got it and only played the first 15 minutes. Played the rest today and quite enjoyed it. I was planning on waiting until next year to get this one, cos I plan on playing Left 4 Dead 2 and Uncharted 2 at Christmas and I'm already busy enough with Forza 3. Might have to wait until Ratchet is a bit cheaper.

Ive just been to a section of the game where an old character makes a cameo apperance and then references/takes a shot at Mario. Cheeky :D

EDIT: I beat the game about an hour ago and it was a joy to play from start to finish. Im on collecting the rest of the bolts, upgrades, zoni and trophies before moving on to challenge mode.

If anyone hasnt started the game yet and likes unlocking trophies then I recommend starting on the HARD difficulty as its still very easy.

Ive just been to a section of the game where an old character makes a cameo apperance and then references/takes a shot at Mario. Cheeky :D

EDIT: I beat the game about an hour ago and it was a joy to play from start to finish. Im on collecting the rest of the bolts, upgrades, zoni and trophies before moving on to challenge mode.

If anyone hasnt started the game yet and likes unlocking trophies then I recommend starting on the HARD difficulty as its still very easy.

Yeah it has been great from what i have played so far. I started in on Normal though... What is challenge mode?

Yeah it has been great from what i have played so far. I started in on Normal though... What is challenge mode?

Same as one in tools of destruction I'd imagine...you play through with all your acquired stuff from previous playthrough but everything is harder.

PLATINUM GET!

I blitzed challenge mode in about 3-4 hours, you fly through it if you have maxed your weapons out. I just ran around with the RYNO causing death and chaos wherever I went. :D

PLATINUM GET!

I blitzed challenge mode in about 3-4 hours, you fly through it if you have maxed your weapons out. I just ran around with the RYNO causing death and chaos wherever I went. :D

This game technically came out today and you've already got the Platinum..you are a gaming machine...

Mine came today, not bad from Amazon since I had it on super saver delivery..

REALLY enjoying this so far, much more than Tools of Destruction which I found to be a tad boring in some places and most of the trophies seem pretty easy to get so hopefully I will get my first Platinum with this.

Sign in to follow this