NEurope

and all the editions seem to be missing "call of duty" on them, which makes me think the boxart posted a few above had it photoshopped on?

What he said! I have no beef either way, the game is awesome and will sell like hot cakes.

Activision leads the way :D

Activision confirmed to MCV today that Modern Warfare 2 will carry a recommended retail price of £54.99 in the UK when it drops this November because of the weakening of the pound and increased development costs.

THQ's Executive Vice President of worldwide publishing, Ian Curran, stated that the "exchange rates between the Euro and the pound are making it very difficult for publishers to show an acceptable operating margin in the UK."

"You can’t continue to trade as normal when the biggest territory in Europe has seen cost of goods increase by 30 per cent due to the strengthening of the Euro. Publishers somehow need to offset this drastic increase in costs. I’m not surprised to see the [Modern Warfare 2] SRP go up and I feel this will continue across more key titles."

The news is surely going to affect sales in this current economic crisis and retailers are even suggesting that other publishers will follow suit. EA however have told MCV that they won't be raising prices.

Despite the Activision statement, the price hike may not be that drastic with UK e-tailers - Play, Amazon, GAME, Gamestation - all listing the price around £45 with ShopTo listing it at £42.99.

£54.99 - Activison stick your game up your arse.

As much as I am looking forward to this title - I thnk I'll wait for the price to drop. Even £42 online is far too expensive.

As for the night vision goggles package - great if your a perv I suppose.

Greedy bastards.

At first I thought "semi-reasonable price". Then I realised it wasn't the hardened edition.

Sadly seems like a lot of publishers could potentially be following suit... I have noticed prices creeping up in some shops namely GAME.

Yeah I won't be picking that up until it drops to £30. Crazy prices, a game is a game - just because it's a big title doesn't mean they should get away with selling it at that price. I don't care if it's a weak pound or not for them.

Haha, wasn't that interested in the first place. Now they have definitely made up my mind for me. Man do activision suck these days.

Meh, i'll just get it when it's a normal price. Not one of these people that bum it loads.

It's like the days of seeing Turok 2 on N64 for £70 all over again!

Not impressed by this news... I really want this game as well.

It's like the days of seeing Turok 2 on N64 for £70 all over again!

Not impressed by this news... I really want this game as well.

haha can't believe i used to spend £60 for a N64 game..or roughly that!

You guys do realise that the RRP of most 360 titles is £49.99, right? It's only a £5 price hike. I'm not saying i like it, but it's hardly the end of the world.

You guys do realise that the RRP of most 360 titles is £49.99, right? It's only a £5 price hike. I'm not saying i like it, but it's hardly the end of the world.

That's exactly what I was going to say, an extra £5 here and there isn't that much of a big deal.

soon games will come with guns included... i remeber there was an old michaelmoore tvnation clip where there was a bank that gave you a shotgun for opening an account.. so why not for games...

anyway seems cheap for the goggles....

The goggles will be made from the cheapest of plastics and have non-waterproof stickers and generally won't be as badass as the guy says it is.

Apparently Blockbuster are taking pre orders for it, £39.99 delivered.

Thing is thats still more than I'd pay normally. Usually games can be found for between £25-35 new. Mostly around £30.

Ah right, i was not aware.

I have normally see new releases for £40 at this most but saying that i have seen the odd £50 in Game/Gamestation but i just assumed it was them ripping ppl off! lol.

Wait, has the Prestige edition already sold out at hmv.co.uk?

Wanted to pre-order it today, but its "unavailable" :sad:

While people complain about prices, I still see normal retail price for australian games at $120 >_>

Tbh, I'm not too fussed about the price, but then I wouldn't be, I'm not going to get this on release. I'll probably wait for a bit tbh. Oh, and the 'Prestige Edition' looks completely ridiculous, and the night vision goggles will probably be a load of crap anyway...