NEurope

If its just the suggestions they make in the article like access to new maps early or betas then I wouldnt mind at all, if people want to pay for that then thats fine with me as long as it doesnt mess up my gaming, which it shouldnt do.

Also, with Activision's recent activities and the way they like to milk franchises, I am totally not surprised by this bit of news and actually suspect they could have purposefully leaked this info to see what people's reactions would be.

I listened to this weeks Invisible Walls episode and couldn't believe what kind of things they have been upto lately. Activision certainly seem like a nasty piece of work since the success of the G-Hero and CoD franchises have kicked in, clearly its went to their heads.

As much as I love the CoD series I wouldn't pay anymore than my Live subscription to play it online.

Ridiculous. But just watch the general public lap it up.

Also, can we get a thread merge with the one from the second post? Just for completionists' sake :heh:

Now, I would be willing to pay a small subscription fee. But only if the content was worth it. If they release regular Map Packs and game content, then I would not mind at all. Shit, I have spent nearly £30 on CoD Map Packs already.

They say 'you won't lose, only gain from it' well no, because if you have paid full price for a game you expect the full thing bar DLC. If they can do better stats and stuff they should do it for everyone.

What a shit scam. Not saying I won't get it though, MatHat still wants to murk me because he lacks skills in other games.

Oh right the name change was known already, unless someone changed it within the last few minutes.

Oh right the name change was known already, unless someone changed it within the last few minutes.

Its been known for a while now mate. Take a look at my sig.

Classic boxart tbh. Nothing exciting but does the job because people will recognise it.

See for me that boxart tries to show that its more than just a shooter. Trying in some way to display how it will show one mans role in war that make sense?

boxart is nothing special.....i'm sure the game will be though ;)

Don't care, just have the game ready for the 10th of November please Infinity Ward.

Don't care, just have the game ready for the 10th of November please Infinity Ward.

I like this mans thinking!

Should be ready for 10th November. Activision have cleared room for it by moving its other titles, like Singularity has been move to next year, so if it's not there, then Act-ey will be mega-pissed.

Anyway, the Call of Duty bit looks like a bad photoshop job. Seriously, could they not have done a better placement for it. Like, lower the 'Modern Warfare 2' logo a bit and centre the Call of Duty bit at the top above the soldier's head. Regardless, the Call of Duty bit really doesn't fit so perhaps they should change the font to the Modern Warfare 2 bit.

Should be ready for 10th November. Activision have cleared room for it by moving its other titles, like Singularity has been move to next year, so if it's not there, then Act-ey will be mega-pissed.

Anyway, the Call of Duty bit looks like a bad photoshop job. Seriously, could they not have done a better placement for it. Like, lower the 'Modern Warfare 2' logo a bit and centre the Call of Duty bit at the top above the soldier's head. Regardless, the Call of Duty bit really doesn't fit so perhaps they should change the font to the Modern Warfare 2 bit.

exactly what i was thinking

Editions:

Hardened Edition

- Tin Case

- Artbook

- Call of Duty Classic

Prestige Edition:

- Tin Case

- Artbook

- Call of Duty Classic

- Sculpted Head

- Night Vision Goggles

codmw2.prestige.edition.071309-580px.jpg

I'm with you as far as the "Hardened" edition, but what the 'eck are we supposed to do with a sculpted head and goggles?

The goggles actually work. You know, if you're in to covert military operations.

Wonder how many pence those goggles are worth? They look cheap and nasty in the video up on kotaku. Think ill stick with the regular edition :P

and all the editions seem to be missing "call of duty" on them, which makes me think the boxart posted a few above had it photoshopped on?

I want the goggles for the heck of it but I bet it´s going to cost an arm and an leg and is rubbish.

$149 for the prestige edition according to kotaku!

"Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling revealed the contents of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's "Hardened" and "Prestige" editions of the game last night. The top tier version comes with working night vision goggles and, as expected, a first class price.

To get the super ultra deluxe limited version, which includes an art book, limited Steelbook case and a token to download the original Call of Duty, plus the aforementioned goggles, expect to pay $149 USD. That's the suggested retail price of the "Prestige" edition, almost twice that of the $79 "Hardened" edition."

Fuck that!

Hardened edition for me - I like the tin, and I'll give CoD 1 (awesome idea for a freebie, btw) to a mate so I can LAN/online against him... if we ever get bored of the split screen co-op, the idea of which makes me giggle excitedly like a little girl.