NEurope

i am getting sick of coming into topics and finding you turning them into talks about Killzone 2 or posting KillZone 2 gifs in them.

M.A.G - Killzone 2

Resistance 2 - Killzone 2

F..E.A.R 2: Project Origin - Killzone 2

Timesplitters 4 - Killzone 2

Red Steel 2 - Killzone 2

Uncharted : Among Thieves - Killzone 2

Now Modern Warfare - Killzone 2

Edited by Dante

i am getting sick of coming into topics and finding you turning them into talks about Killzone 2 or posting KillZone 2 gifs in them.

M.A.G - Killzone 2

Resistance 2 - Killzone 2

F..E.A.R 2: Project Origin - Killzone 2

Timesplitters 4 - Killzone 2

Red Steel 2 - Killzone 2

Uncharted : Among Thieves - Killzone 2

Now Modern Warfare - Killzone 2

owned9wz.jpg

Christ last comment before back to Modern Warfare 2. Heck make a new MW2 thread.

Should we just make a thread called Choze vs Other consoles board? Because you started discussing KZ2 in the thread and have to justify and back up the cover system that Daft was right about in the first place. It involves too many buttons and doesn't really work that well. Your bold text sums it up because it is pointless and tries to make the system sound like a deep mechanic when instead all it is is pressing a button to avoid fire. 3rd person games intergrate it 10 times better.

Edit: I've seen that picture before? Google images: owned... amiright?

Yeah and one button for cover. How many shooters have you even played?

Either way we arguing whether its new. Thats my point. You can say its crap but its a new idea that works. You want to argue the definition of innovative then go make a thread but as far as most games go this is a really obvious new idea.

Yes you can hide behind walls in KZ2 without cover even(not even counting objects for this discussion). But you are not fully concealed so its hardly anywhere near as useful. Cover pushes your body against the object and solves that. Using cover also gives you an accuracy bonus. Its also useful to use to move around when under fire, if slowly.

Its near impossible to get through hard let alone elite without using cover in the game.

Sure sounds a whole lot like Gears of War..

Of course. No effort required. :heh:

The joy was in picking which one to use.

Hehe, I've used that one before because of how flat the ball is pressed up against his cheek. Brilliant!

---------------------------

Anyway just went on the Modern Warfare 2 website but it just has a boring Matrix-like trailer thing. I think it might just be Infinity Wards signature thing. Did have the number 2 in it though.

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Christ last comment before back to Modern Warfare 2. Heck make a new MW2 thread.

Should we just make a thread called Choze vs Other consoles board? Because you started discussing KZ2 in the thread and have to justify and back up the cover system that Daft was right about in the first place. It involves too many buttons and doesn't really work that well. Your bold text sums it up because it is pointless and tries to make the system sound like a deep mechanic when instead all it is is pressing a button to avoid fire. 3rd person games intergrate it 10 times better.

Its probably your control scheme. Its one button for me using default.

I suggest carry this on in the KZ2 topic. Leave this stuff out of here.

Edited by Choze

No one wants to discuss this KZ stuff with you Choze, you're a fanboy; it's pointless. So instead I suggest you press the logout button and delete this place from your bookmarks, then we won't have to worry about it.

No one wants to discuss this KZ stuff with you Choze, you're a fanboy; it's pointless. So instead I suggest you press the logout button and delete this place from your bookmarks, then we won't have to worry about it.

Geez so much animosity to one person! Thought this was a place that we could all play nice.

I just wanted to add nice thoughts on this before this dies.

I played the game on hard (god that does not describe the torture you go thru), played with the default control scheme, and personally found the cover system cumbersome. When I wanted to duck, i would go into cover, and when I was in said cover, its a depress on the left/right w/e control stick to go into aiming mode while somehow pressing up to poke your head out of cover so you can shoot. And then IIRC you have to go back into cover before you can move along that wall, if you can.

owned9wz.jpg

This never stops me from laughing. The crushed expression says it all!

Can anyone remember when the CoD4 beta was open in relation to the release date of the game? And how where people chosen/allowed to get in?

I am presuming there will be a beta for MW2 as well.

There was a beta that was open to sign up to around september I think. It sold me the game when I played those 3 levels over and over again! :D

Me and my freinds all got into the Beta really early through using someone else's account. Got a few people on here onto the Beta as well if I remember correctly.

Some of you seem to have serious problems accepting discussion. I am not the one resorting to pure insults and harping on i am right without justification. So far i am the only one here who backed up everything said ;) So get off the dream superior high ground status you are trying to claim. I have reasoned my point clearly. Want to reason or just act like a baby in line with Daft. Your choice.

Dwarf confirmed he is using an odd control scheme that does not work well with any KZ2 specific actions not just cover. Daft is using the same as well. Which invalidates many of their points because most people stick to the standard choices which work very well. The alternate controls are essentially pulled from other games. They were universally discouraged. How can you play in a control scheme that also makes crouching and melee usage poor. :rolleyes:

Geez so much animosity to one person! Thought this was a place that we could all play nice.

I just wanted to add nice thoughts on this before this dies.

I played the game on hard (god that does not describe the torture you go thru), played with the default control scheme, and personally found the cover system cumbersome. When I wanted to duck, i would go into cover, and when I was in said cover, its a depress on the left/right w/e control stick to go into aiming mode while somehow pressing up to poke your head out of cover so you can shoot. And then IIRC you have to go back into cover before you can move along that wall, if you can.

Yeah its similar to any other game where you use cover. Moving up if for poking up and out though. Left and right moves you along till the edge where you will poke out. Hardly cumbersome. The same as Gears or Uncharted. Even if you dont like it(subjective). Its new, its different from other fps.

One problem with a Nintendo forum is how many gamers here are not familiar with fps much at all aside from afew games. I've gamed on fps since Wolfenstein on all sorts of systems especially pc. Its amusing hearing some of the comments here. Especially about whats new.

As i have said carry on in the other thread but since people are carrying on here lets carry on...

Edited by Choze

I've never played Killzone 2, but I already have predisposition to hate it...

As for Modern Warfare 2...what improvements would you like to see in the multiplayer?. Some people may say the template is getting stale and needs reinvigorating: for me that's not the case and COD5 gave me as much playtime, if not more, than COD 4. I just think it needs beefing up a bit in the customisation department to really refine it - maybe introduce user-created perks?

In relation to the CoD4 beta question asked, it opened in September as I remember getting one of the first sets of codes and playing it while my brother waited to play Halo 3 (was release day for that). Doubt we'll see a beta for this as early as that and technically they don't really need to seeing as the online is pretty stable. Still, it'll provide the necessary anticipation for those who don't follow gaming sites/news so I guess it'll help in some respects.

To be fair to Choze, he does argue his case and he does try to make clear points without resorting to insulting others. Sure, he may have wildly different views to the rest of you/us, but he's entitled to have his own opinion. I think the only thing that grates if the need for him to go into every thread and talk about Killzone, or the need to post Gifs. That's annoying, but I do believe eventually he'll find something else to rave about, and...that's just him.

Maybe we should just draw a line under it. I don't think there's much more that needs to be said.

Well there is actually a lot of things wrong with that post, but I've alredy said that I won't carry on, so I won't, even though I'd like to. It's just so time consuming.

One thing that seems to annoy me the most about CoD and a lot of FPS in general these days is everyone's strange dependence on Sniper Rifles. It's seriously like they can't play any other way. It put me off CoD 4, it's putting me off CoD 5. This is something that can't be fixed unless they were simply taken out. I just don't get how it's any fun sitting in one spot sniping people. Look at me! I can rack up kills by being a coward. Anyway, rant over. I'll probably buy MW2 anyway even though I can't see it being any different to CoD 4. The damn helicopter in multiplayer could do with getting rid of. *Spawn*, *Dead*, *Spawn*, *Dead*. I much preferred the dogs in CoD 5. Get rid of the Juggernaut perk too.

I recently had an argument with a guy that likes snipers. I hate them, I said to him that it's cheap, boring and pisses off other players. Then he said 'I get the same amount of kills with the sniper as I do with the assualt rifle'. I don't give a toss, it's irritating and mostly isn't about skill.

Its actually pretty hard to snipe, you gotta make you shot count, I dont mind it, i rarely get hit by snipers anyways, plus if they miss you there pretty fecking easy to find, just use a silencer, U.A.V jammer combo and just go shoot them in the back of the head.

Will agree with you on the helicopter, arrrrggghhhh. fucking annoying.

I recently had an argument with a guy that likes snipers. I hate them, I said to him that it's cheap, boring and pisses off other players. Then he said 'I get the same amount of kills with the sniper as I do with the assualt rifle'. I don't give a toss, it's irritating and mostly isn't about skill.

Sniping is loads of fun so I don't really care if it pisses people off. There are equally annoying traits to assault classes (juggernaut, rifle grenades), so it balances out.

It is incredibly cheap. It really does show a clear divide from those who are playing for a laugh and those who play it to get the most kills in every match. It's funny but there was a brilliant system in Metroid Prime: Hunters of all games which addressed this problem pretty well. If someone sat in one place for long enough they'd be highlighted on the map and everyone would go after them.

Sniping is loads of fun so I don't really care if it pisses people off. There are equally annoying traits to assault classes (juggernaut, rifle grenades), so it balances out.

I'd have to agree on that too. I guess what it comes down to is if you want to play cheaply or not.

Well the effectiveness depends on game, in (oh dear!) KZ2 they had the crap idea of making snipers invisible and give them the ability to press a button that automatically seeks out enemies. It's ridiculous. Please refrain Choze.

And earlier people were saying how they were less excited about vehicles and underwater stuff, well I think that it's a great idea. For single player you want a rounded different experience than what you get in multiplayer. As it is most FPS games that have online have campaigns that suffer because they are basically an assortment of conveniently placed bots with a few cutscenes added in. I think water missions etc could be fun to shake things up. It seems most Cod fans don't want anything new or out of their comfort zone anymore.

And Hunters!!! What a game! That had a great system I agree, I think they did that mainy because they rewarded 1 hit kill headshots even when you got them in the foot. Still that was a great game, slightly unbalanced though. I always chose Spire, what a beast!

Edited by dwarf

It is incredibly cheap. It really does show a clear divide from those who are playing for a laugh and those who play it to get the most kills in every match. It's funny but there was a brilliant system in Metroid Prime: Hunters of all games which addressed this problem pretty well. If someone sat in one place for long enough they'd be highlighted on the map and everyone would go after them.

See I enjoy the game alot, but I get even more enjoyment out of the game if I top the leaderboards - I love the competetitive element to FPS games.

Well the effectiveness depends on game, in (oh dear!) KZ2 they had the crap idea of making snipers invisible and give them the ability to press a button that automatically seeks out enemies. It's ridiculous. Please refrain Choze.

LOL! Awesome idea that...

See I enjoy the game alot, but I get even more enjoyment out of the game if I top the leaderboards - I love the competetitive element to FPS games.

Hmm I guess it's just a case of each to their own. There is space for both types of player but the most recent matches i've had, I swear to god, all of the people playing were snipers. Team Fortress had a neat idea of limiting the amount of classes per team.

Edited by ViPeR