NEurope

The night vision goggles look fantastic and they've obviously put a lot of effort into making the game something very special. It's going to be huge, but sadly the price point is probably going to be a sign of things to come, as games become more expensive to develop either developers find a way to sell more, drive down costs or the price will rise. I'll still gte this on day one, as both COD4 and COD5 were superb.

No Zechs Merquise.

No to what? Games prices rising, Activision and Infinity Ward putting a lot of effort into their games or night vision goggles being cool?

No to what? Games prices rising, Activision and Infinity Ward putting a lot of effort into their games or night vision goggles being cool?

Does that effort justify the heightened prices. This is the same activision who also churn out Guitar Hero after Guitar Hero they are just rip off merchants.

Just pre-ordered the Prestige edition from HMV. Had to drop a few pre-orders from ShopTo, but I think it will be worth it.

Just you in general.

I actually loled out loud there. Though I have to say no to night vision googles, there not cool and they will be cheap shitty ones anyway.

I can't understand the hatred here! COD4 and CODWAW were both awesome. Despite the price hike everyone will end up with a copy of this.

I can't understand the hatred here! COD4 and CODWAW were both awesome. Despite the price hike everyone will end up with a copy of this.

Agreed, I would go as far as saying they are two of the greatest games this generation. For the amount of time this game will give me, it will be worth every penny.

I think its just the way that Activision have been doing business since the merge last year that has started the hatred, they really have become nasty pieces of work. That one invisible walls podcast I listenened to last month was a real eye opener.

I do agree with you though that despite the increase in price most people will still buy this ( myself included ). I do love me some CoD and an extra fiver isn't gonna stop me from playing what will no doubt be one of the biggest games this year.

Agreed, I would go as far as saying they are two of the greatest games this generation. For the amount of time this game will give me, it will be worth every penny.

Exactly. I like to work out value for money based on the hours I put into a game. I literally spent probably about 200 hours on CODWAW on Wii, which is immense! That much entertainment for £30 ain't bad, if COD6 lasts as long it's defo worth the extra fiver.

I think its just the way that Activision have been doing business since the merge last year that has started the hatred, they really have become nasty pieces of work. That one invisible walls podcast I listenened to last month was a real eye opener.

I do agree with you though that despite the increase in price most people will still buy this ( myself included ). I do love me some CoD and an extra fiver isn't gonna stop me from playing what will no doubt be one of the biggest games this year.

I listen to Invisible Walls every week and Epic Battle Cry, they are both great shows, the late is usually very funny too and slightly less serious. It's all well and good bashing Activision, but they're acting like a business - now that may not be the 'nice' way to play, but it's what will keep them healthy.

The reason why developers have gone under is they've started to forget thatprofit counts. They pump endless millions in developing games which then fail to even break even but there's no real market for them, or they're appalling.

With spiralling development costs at least Activision is taking the precaution of protecting their company and in turn those who work for them.

Yeah, I agree they are a business but that whole mess with Brutal Legend is a disgrace not to mention the situation with DJ Hero. Trying to a buy a rival product just so they can't release it is just flat out wrong. I mean what about the guys who worked on the game in the first place?

Agreed (except that WaW was turd), everyone will end up with a copy. I'll be getting it as soon as it reaches £30.

Voting with my wallet, I'm not going to pick it up.

I was going to buy it because the co-op sounds great but I'll probably just give it a rent now.

What's worse is that anything with Call of Duty on the box hardly ever drops its price. Modern Warfare is still £45 in a lot (most?) of shops.

The price hike is definitely a kick in the pants considering that both the previous Call of Duty titles (Modern Warfare 1 and World at War) had RRPs of £39.99 and were sold as such. For someone like me who is a student, an extra £15 for a game is quite a lot yet I can see stores forgoing the £54.99 RRP and jacking it up to £60.

I'll be getting it but whether I get it on release, I don't know because when it is getting released is when my money will have to go towards other things. But at least they've said that the game is going to have an inflated price instead of staying quiet and letting people only find out when they go to buy it.

Exactly. I like to work out value for money based on the hours I put into a game. I literally spent probably about 200 hours on CODWAW on Wii, which is immense! That much entertainment for £30 ain't bad, if COD6 lasts as long it's defo worth the extra fiver.

The reason why developers have gone under is they've started to forget thatprofit counts. They pump endless millions in developing games which then fail to even break even but there's no real market for them, or they're appalling.

First off, it's pretty dumb to judge value on gaming hours. OK if the game is 2 hours long then that's a let down, but then again, if it was 2 hours it would probably had a lower price. Value should be based on enjoyment or the experience you had with the game. If you played it for 200 hours I'd say you're losing out because the game is forcing you to reach that ending unlock or stat, it's almost irresponsible to make Joe think that it's OK to spend all that time reaching the end.

Plus you'd be kidding yourself if you enjoyed all 200 of those hours, I'd say almost half that time was frustration.

And I always think it's insulting in a way that people think businesses don't operate for profit. The businesses deal with millions of pounds be it revenue or the value of the capital and you don't think they know what they're doing it for? Plus I'd like to think that some developers care about the quality of their games so it's understandable they like to spend a bit more on making sure that the standard is raised.

Thats what saddens me the most, everyone will pick up copies of the inferior console versions. :(

First off, it's pretty dumb to judge value on gaming hours. OK if the game is 2 hours long then that's a let down, but then again, if it was 2 hours it would probably had a lower price. Value should be based on enjoyment or the experience you had with the game. If you played it for 200 hours I'd say you're losing out because the game is forcing you to reach that ending unlock or stat, it's almost irresponsible to make Joe think that it's OK to spend all that time reaching the end.

Plus you'd be kidding yourself if you enjoyed all 200 of those hours, I'd say almost half that time was frustration.

Well it's not dumb at all, if you buy something for £30 or £40 or even £55 and get 200 hours out of it, even if half of them aren't the best thing ever, it's still great value for money - it's 55p an hour at the highest price!

If you go to the cinema and see a film there's no guarentee it'll be good and for the two hours you're in there it costs a lot more for the ticket and a lot lot more if you include the rip off popcorn and drinks!

I would say any game you're playing 6 months after you got it and have ploughed dozens of hours into is value for money. In that way games offer far more lifespan and value than DVDs, books or comics as usually with a book or DVD you'll use it once, maybe twice. A DVD is around £10 and even if you watch it twice that's £2.50 per hour.

If I play a game for 200 hours, it's because it's a great game.

And I always think it's insulting in a way that people think businesses don't operate for profit. The businesses deal with millions of pounds be it revenue or the value of the capital and you don't think they know what they're doing it for? Plus I'd like to think that some developers care about the quality of their games so it's understandable they like to spend a bit more on making sure that the standard is raised.

Well clearly some don't and the many developers have been making huge loses precisely because they have failed to understand the changing shape of the market, SONY and EA are two prime examples.

Thats what saddens me the most, everyone will pick up copies of the inferior console versions. :(

Yes. I agree that dual analogue is a worse experience than mouse keyboard, but keeping up with PC tech is a very expensive thing.

You lose, I'm sorry but again I will say again that hours don't mean everything. If you look at it in terms of length then obviously games come across better, but I'd still rather have watched The Dark Knight (or any great film) than play Cod for 200 hours. It's what you get from the experience.

You lose, I'm sorry but again I will say again that hours don't mean everything.

He losses because he spent all those hours on a game and enjoyed the game a lot?....I don't get it :wtf:

So in the end the game goes up the price, people will still buy it and some people now won't and will wait for the price to go down and shit, if less people don't buy it, it might just have to go down in price to get some sales. That's all there is too it, Activision are greedy, Ubi-soft are greedy, EA are greedy, Sony are greedy, Nintendo are greedy, Microsoft are greedy and every other game company are greedy. Hence why it's called a business, if they continue making great games that I enjoy, I'll buy them, just like how if I enjoy a movie or a book, I'll buy it.

No because he thinks that hours mean value. I know people spend excessive amounts of time on it but it doesn't equate to value. It's just one factor.

No because he thinks that hours mean value. I know people spend excessive amounts of time on it but it doesn't equate to value. It's just one factor.

Give it up, you are fighting a losing battle, he isn't necessarily equating hours to value, all he is saying is the game was worth the 200 hours he put in and reckons that a game is worth £55 if it stands up to that level.

I for one agree. Considering I'm splitting the money with housemates this won't be so expensive, but I'm sure Iill enjoy this so much I'd pay the £55 rather than spend that money on stuff that won't preoccupy me or give me as much joy as COD5.

Let's argue for the sake of arguing, that's always fun.

The price hike will make no difference whatsover to me, as it will still be more than worth its price tag. Can't get my head around why you would want the prestige edition though?

Can't get my head around why you would want the prestige edition though?

Night. Vision. Goggles. They let you follow people. At Night.

But seriously, most of the big game franchises do things like this now. Collectors love it and will pay through the nose for it, what's more it boosts pre-orders and generates publicity.

I love little extras like metal cases and the like, but this is a bit over the top, but it's still very cool.

ahahahaahahaha