NEurope

Interesting list. Hope they mix up the multi player a bit more though. Seems like they're pretty much taking it right out of CoD4 and putting it in to MW2 with no changes. If I wanted that I'd go play CoD4 :heh:

Submarines FTW! (I'm an ex Submariner).

God I can't wait, I know I will be a gibbering wreck the week before release.

GI Scans

gami194cover.jpg

22550d1242135472modernw.jpg

22551d1242135472modernw.jpg

22552d1242135472modernw.jpg

22553d1242135472modernw.jpg

22554d1242135472modernw.jpg

- Swimming mode enabled.

- A 'Stealthy' Oil pipeline Scuba Mission will be included in campaign mode.

- A level will definetly be based in Rio De Janeiro.

- Siberian Level will feature in campaign mode.

-No coop

-Special Forces mode, several missions in the spirit of Mile High Club

-More open ended gameplay

-No infinitely respawning enemies

- Vehicles (e.g. Trucks, Tanks etc.) will be introduced into the Modern Era.

- A 'Helicopter Based' Level will be featured.

- An Oil Tanker level will also be featured.

- Ken Lally (Wesker from Resident Evil 5) will be voice acting. Most likely as a Russian villain.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

I see they played Killzone 2 :awesome:

Good to hear they are working on improving the game. It was still fun but the less quirks the better. Shame about no coop again. But hopefully this means they polished the game further.

After reading:

- Swimming mode enabled.

- A 'Stealthy' Oil pipeline Scuba Mission will be included in campaign mode.

-No coop

- Vehicles (e.g. Trucks, Tanks etc.) will be introduced into the Modern Era.

- An Oil Tanker level will also be featured.

I am now less excited for the game.

That 'Special Forces Mode' is a good idea. Rather than just ditch the levels that don't really fit into the campaign story, have them playable as a seperate mode.:awesome:

Lack of Co-op is a bit lame, but having said that, I only played w@w co-op once. As long as they nail the Multiplayer again, I will be a very happy fanboy!

I see they played Killzone 2 :awesome:

I agree with Cube, I'm a lil' less excited for this now. But then again, it's always about the multiplayer.

I read all of that but I still don't really know what to say. None of it excites me, neither does it put me off. It's just going to be another normal Cod the way I see it, with a bit of snow tossed in. It could be the first one I get if the online is as good as it is cracked up to be.

Fuck yes, anyone? :D

It's just going to be another normal Cod the way I see it, with a bit of snow tossed in.

Oh no? Infinity Ward's COD's are the hallmark of shooty-excellence.

CoD4 was CoD2 in Fakeistan. The engine and controls were excellent, as was the multiplayer, but in terms of actual campaign progression the game was archaic. From the sounds of things they're actually trying to address that this time around — less spawn trigger sprinting, more than one approach to combat — so they've at least piqued my interest. I mean I was going to buy the game for the online component, but I'm somewhat hopeful that the singleplayer will live up to the studio's obvious talent this time around.

That said it isn't really a game that excites me as it's still something of a known quantity. I don't mean that as a slight against the game, I'm just perfectly happy to wait until it's released as although it will no doubt bring some quiet innovation to first-person shooters the game is still going to be about shooting people in the face.

I read all of that but I still don't really know what to say. None of it excites me, neither does it put me off. It's just going to be another normal Cod the way I see it, with a bit of snow tossed in. It could be the first one I get if the online is as good as it is cracked up to be.

COD is not exactly about innovation, never has been. It is from Activision afterall. However its still worth checking out for me. I hope they fix the issues and make it a better experience.

Cant be worse than the last COD which has sold really well may i add :p

So it's not as innovative as Killzone? :p Don't bother with the badges and stuff. Cod has done more for innovation (specifically this developer) that Killzone. They are both elite shooters though.

COD is not exactly about innovation, never has been. It is from Activision afterall. However its still worth checking out for me. I hope they fix the issues and make it a better experience.

Cant be worse than the last COD which has sold really well may i add :p

I'd say that CoD4's online features did set a standard though. Maybe not innovative, but... definately a standard.

I'd say it was innovative. What multiplayer game doesn't have its own version of Perks and XP now? They've become expected features, much like recharging health or limited weapon slots.

I'd say it was innovative. What multiplayer game doesn't have its own version of Perks and XP now? They've become expected features, much like recharging health or limited weapon slots.

Limited weapon slots was popularised by COD, too.

Should mention that the no co-op goes with the campaign mode only. The Special Forces mode is being designed specifically for co-op though.

So it's not as innovative as Killzone? :p Don't bother with the badges and stuff. Cod has done more for innovation (specifically this developer) that Killzone. They are both elite shooters though.

COD series is not known for innovation but its always been a great shooter. It was made as Activision's answer to MOH, so much more focus on keeping safe and friendly for many users. IW definately have done a fantastic job of storytelling. In the first COD i think they were first for doing the Russians as playable. For WW2 fps thats alot :p Plus not surprising they did modern war first compared to EA after beating WW2 to death. Reading about MW2 also shows they are on top of this and i await the next game.

Killzone 2 has added many ideas to push the genre, a 1st person cover system, technical advancements, making multiplayer work with crazy ideas, to some of the killzone.com features. But GG had to do alot, afterall much more competition now than ever for console fps. Thankfully GG more than just delivered. I really look forward to their next game.

re: weapons, ranking, xp, abilities etc. have been done in many fps before, even on consoles.

Killzone 2 has added many ideas to push the genre, a 1st person cover system, technical advancements, making multiplayer work with crazy ideas, to some of the killzone.com features.

So what did they do to push the genre?