NEurope

Officially unveiled and announced at the GDC awards just now, they've released a trailer. Nothing too special here, just confirming it's existence and what appears to be a release date of 10th November 2009. Brilliant news :D

(Man, naming this thread was a pain. They appear to have removed the Call of Duty bit from the title but it'll be known as a CoD game for sure. I imagine it'll be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In fact, can a mod remove the 4 from the title please? :D)

Trailer here: http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Edited by Dyson

Absolutely. NeoGAF are ripping the trailer to shreds but I really liked it. Much better than some teaser trailers you see these days!

Interesting to see what they do with the title of the game though. I'm really interested to see if they ditch the Call of Duty part all together now, and make Modern Warfare its' own spinoff series. I just wish it had a better name than Modern Warfare, though. Seems so...generic.

I loved the campaign in the first one. I'm not sure it's going to be topped, though. The scene with the nuclear bomb was just awesome, and the bit before where you have to save the pilot.

Finger's crossed, though.

I just wish it had a better name than Modern Warfare, though. Seems so...generic.

And 'Call of Duty' isn't? :heh:

Interesting teaser trailer, nice to see something abit different.

I shall be looking forward to this alot! :) Loved CoD4 and i really enjoyed WaW.

I just wish it had a better name than Modern Warfare, though. Seems so...generic.

And 'Call of Duty' isn't? :heh:

lets be honest: nobody in that department deserved a raise.

good news though. I very much enjoyed the last effort.

I can see why neogaf are ripping it apart. Its like a teaser of a teaser that was overhyped lol. We know its coming so maybe give something more susbstantial than this! The end of the year is going to be the most shooter heavy so far this generation. Also Crytek's stuff has impressed me as that looks really good for multiplatform games. I hope fps games use it!

I hope they dont keep rehashing the heavily scripted MOH gameplay. COD4 might have refreshed it for this(current) gen at the time but I was sick of it again by WAW. The cinematic stuff is ok but not essential for me. Having said that i look forward to it as it was the best fps at the time it came out. I was pretty angry about Crysis's system requirements lol.

2w32h09.png

Original COD or downloadable type like Battlefield coming soon.

Edited by Choze

Interesting stuff there Choze. I reckon as long as the single player and multiplayer aren't made too different, ie, as long as the single player isn't overly stealth based (although more of the chernobyl levels wouls be hella welcome) and the multiplayer isn't tweaked the crap out of, it'll be huge.

My only gripe with the last one is that some enemies get "replaced" almost instantly by another one that spawns and runs to the exact same spot.

Edit: Oh, and the lack of co-op. But as WaW did it then surely MW2 can't not do it?

Edited by Cube

I loved the campaign in the first one. I'm not sure it's going to be topped, though.

I don't know, maybe they could include AI this time. And have less 'clown car' moments where 50 bad guys run out of the same Portaloo until you move forward past a specific trigger point

Infinity Ward are a very talented studio and CoD4's campaign was an excellent spectacle with some interesting moments, but the underlying game mechanics were so creaking it's a wonder they didn't snap altogether. Hopefully this Modern Warfare will be rather more befitting of the title than its predecessor.

That said, I'll no doubt buy the game regardless as the multiplayer is going to be amazing.

Absolutely. NeoGAF are ripping the trailer to shreds but I really liked it. Much better than some teaser trailers you see these days!

In all honesty, the trailer was shit. 40 seconds of green doodles and a release date don't do much for me, surely they must have something to show when the release is so close.

Doubt it. everyone calls it COD. A type of fish which have never been more famous :p

I don't know, maybe they could include AI this time. And have less 'clown car' moments where 50 bad guys run out of the same Portaloo until you move forward past a specific trigger point

Infinity Ward are a very talented studio and CoD4's campaign was an excellent spectacle with some interesting moments, but the underlying game mechanics were so creaking it's a wonder they didn't snap altogether. Hopefully this Modern Warfare will be rather more befitting of the title than its predecessor.

That said, I'll no doubt buy the game regardless as the multiplayer is going to be amazing.

Well the gameplay is coming from its MOH roots. It was a big franchise already but COD4 took it to new heights with the improved cinematic feel and modern setting.

I look forward to what the downloadable game is, given Battlefield seem to have an interesting multiplayer one also coming.

Doubt it. everyone calls it COD. A type of fish which have never been more famous :p

Unless you're Portuguese.

My only gripe with the last one is that some enemies get "replaced" almost instantly by another one that spawns and runs to the exact same spot.

Edit: Oh, and the lack of co-op. But as WaW did it then surely MW2 can't not do it?

YES! My main gripe with CoD4 single player was the respawning enemies. Especially on Veteran. It was as if there was very little strategy to killing certain people as they'd return in a few seconds anyway.

James_pond_2_cover.jpg

YES! My main gripe with CoD4 single player was the respawning enemies. Especially on Veteran. It was as if there was very little strategy to killing certain people as they'd return in a few seconds anyway.

on the flip side: the pressure generated by the constant combat was intense, and the way you HAD to keep moving, instead of playing defensively like a biatch, made several encounters exhilarating. Admittedly, once exposed the mechanic was painfully obvious but I'd stop short of calling for an end to it without considering the full consequence.

on the flip side: the pressure generated by the constant combat was intense, and the way you HAD to keep moving, instead of playing defensively like a biatch, made several encounters exhilarating. Admittedly, once exposed the mechanic was painfully obvious but I'd stop short of calling for an end to it without considering the full consequence.

I don't mind the constantly spawning enemies. I just want it to be less obvious.

Yeah the respawning enemy could be made less obvious but it never really pissed me off.

I was very proud to complete all levels on veteran on CoD4! :grin: Although i seemed unable to do it on WaW...

I was very proud to complete all levels on veteran on CoD4! :grin:

"No Fighting In The War Room" was quite the bitch.

Looks like Stopping Power is back as a Perk then. Get any more of those icons?

"No Fighting In The War Room" was quite the bitch.

Yeah definatly! And how about doing the bonus level on veteran for the 'mile high club' achievment!?... Now that was a challenge!

Mmmm, interesting.....

Prepare to take this with a not particularly healthy dose of salt, but it's rumoured Modern Warfare 2 details so we thought you'd like to know at least.

Coming from a NeoGaf post which allegedly caught list of a reported leaked list of game features from an IW tester, who was subsequently banned, the list of details is pretty exhaustive and gives an indication of where the sequel could possibly be heading.

Vehicles will be in MW2

M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)

Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes

M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed

Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return

There are more unknown weapons that will not return

New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)

New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)

New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)

Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35

Favourite Modern Warfare 1 maps will return

Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return

Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)

Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1's campaign)

All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered

All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions

New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy's Intel)

New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy

Solider customization for each class (and each country)

Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer

There are NO bots in local multiplayer

Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown

NO guest players online, 1 player per console

Killcam save feature

There is blood and gore

Offline/Online Co-op

Story takes place in the Middle East

Role as US marines return

Ken Lally voice work in campaign

Release is set for sometime in November

New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)

Campaign-only weapons

Source

Sounds good (if true). Except the lack of P90. Not keen on the vehicles, either.