NEurope

Winning is fun though. Come on, you can't say you don't play multiplayer for the thrill of ousting another human being in some abstraction of skill...unless you're being incredibly disingenuous.

i like to win, but only if i feel i earned it. if i play a blinder, which i do every so often, its a great feeling to see how high i placed, how much of an asset i was to the team, thaty i actualy outclassed the enemy.

i dont like winning by happy accident or luck, it just feels cheap, better to lose with your dignity i say.

Hmm, it feels as if you're being a woeful apologetic to me :heh:. I have no problem winning within the ruleset prescribed by the game (ie. without hacks etc). Saying you feel guilty because of your class choice in MW2 is like saying you feel guilty being more proficient at Basketball because you're 7 feet tall. There are some variables that just can't be perfectly balanced; don't handicap yourself, and don't feel bad for winning. Thats mah POV teebs brev.

Winning is fun though. Come on, you can't say you don't play multiplayer for the thrill of ousting another human being in some abstraction of skill...unless you're being incredibly disingenuous.

Yeah, winning is fun if you deserve to win, when said victory is derived from skill. Most people playing online just focus on a spot where they can easily kill the opponent, regardless of skill (like camping in front of a door or what skunky mentioned). I love to win, the satisfaction I get when I pop into the bunker and slaughter the whole enemy team by myself is a fantastic rush. But playing like a retard (sorry skunky) bores me. I don't get any kind of rush. I fucking hated when I was powering up my snipers, because it pretty much forced me to plan too much, instead of relying on my instincts and immediate skill (nothin against snipers, just sayin).

Hmm, it feels as if you're being a woeful apologetic to me :heh:. I have no problem winning within the ruleset prescribed by the game (ie. without hacks etc). Saying you feel guilty because of your class choice in MW2 is like saying you feel guilty being more proficient at Basketball because you're 7 feet tall. There are some variables that just can't be perfectly balanced; don't handicap yourself, and don't feel bad for winning. Thats mah POV teebs brev.

i do feel kinda bad killing giuys with the riot sheild. its such an underused class i almost feel like im disscouraging people from choosing anything besides the rifle shot gun combo.

i do feel kinda bad killing giuys with the riot sheild. its such an underused class i almost feel like im disscouraging people from choosing anything besides the rifle shot gun combo.

Cmon, that's a misconception! People constantly use Snipers SMGs and LMGs, as well as machine pistols, launchers and handguns for secondaries! The only underused "class" is the shield (on that I agree). And of course there are some particular weapons which are almost never used, but as for classes in general, the shield is the only underused one.

No doubt, the shield does rock. But in a knife class, where it's mostly about speed, the shield not only slows you down, but makes you much easier to spot (as it's huge!)

That's not really the case. The shield is an asset if anything to aknife class since you can work your way towards your enemy and quickly switch to your handgun and knife. You also have the option of keeping it on your back to deter back stabbers.

The only issue thats difficult to work around is grenade launchers and the like, the riot shield has a tendency to attract them. If you're skilled with the throwing knife it can do the triick, otherwise crack C4 in your setup and lure them around corners.

In other words, "who cares about having fun, winning is all that matters". I hate this kind of bullshit. No offense.

Yeah, winning is fun if you deserve to win, when said victory is derived from skill.

Winning is fun though. It takes a lot of skill to learn how to play Domination levels in a team together and its very rewarding when it all comes together. I used to play a lot of Halo with the same few people and we became very good together. We knew all the call outs, where the enemy would probably spawn, when the weapons would be up. We deserved to win, as you do if you manage to lock down the level on COD. It's hard to actually get to that position.

In other words, "who cares about having fun, winning is all that matters". I hate this kind of bullshit. No offense.

I dont play Domination for that reason, no one caps the flags, they just wait around near the flags picking off the ones actually trying to win the game for the team. Coz in Domination kids, Points count, not kills. Yet all the youtube vids are people playing domination getting a 50 kill streak thinking they are amazing. No Doubt.

I think I've finally found a setup I like.

FAL with red dot (until I get the ACOG) and grenade launcher (Replaces normal grenades since I use Claymores)

TMP with red dot (will add something else when I get something worth adding)

Claymore mines

Flashbang grenades

Bling

Cold Blooded

Steady Aim

Martyrdom death streak

Seems to work for me at the moment. I used to use the heartbeat sensor instead of the grenade launcher, but I find I play better when I look out for people instead of relying on it.

Personally, I'd add a Spas-12 to that class. Stick on a foregrip and with steady aim you've basically got a 1-shot kill hipfire DEATHCANNON

To be honest, I don't get on well with shotguns. Plus I play on Hardcore mainly, so the TMP kills quickly enough at close range.

I'll give it a try though, it'll give me something else to unlock stuff for.

Seeing as the silencer takes range down and the ACOG puts range up, would they cancel each other out if both were equipped? I want to use a silencer for my sneaky bastard class but I don't want to take my range down too much.

I made pretty much the same class and I didn't get on well with it. The ACOG sight really seems to exaggerate the recoil on the gun to sniperesque levels. It could just be me though, but by the time I waited for it to recover from my first shot I was either dead or the enemy was out of sight.

I'm really liking the FAL/PP2000 combo on hardcore. I've made my setups so the FAL can have ACOG+Silencer, Thermal+Silencer or Red Dot+Grenade launcher.

I'm not a massive fan of the thermal since a lot of people have cold blooded, but the extra zoom is nice. Shame about having to hold your breath.

The red dot setup is mainly for smaller maps and I normally use the ACOG.

Loving the PP2000 too. Inside buildings is a piece of cake now. I have a silencer on it for all setups except for the FAL W/grenade launcher setup, where I have FMJ instead. That's my loud and quick setup.

It may be obvious, but I like sneaking!

Winning is fun though. It takes a lot of skill to learn how to play Domination levels in a team together and its very rewarding when it all comes together.

Not really. All it takes is time.

Personally, I'd add a Spas-12 to that class. Stick on a foregrip and with steady aim you've basically got a 1-shot kill hipfire DEATHCANNON

What's with the SPAS fascination? I mean, the M1014 does the same damage, is just as accurate, and it's automatic!!! Instead of using the grip, use the extended mags, and there you go, an even better 1-shot kill DEATHCANNON! What's with the SPAS love? Is it just so you can feel better because it's harder to use? (Granted, it does take a while to get the extended mags on the M1014).

- - - - - - - -

The FAL is such an underused masterpiece! Glad to see more people havin fun with it.

STILL on Vet campaign. Put in maybe an hour in the last 3 nights though, so I've not progressed far. Currently on the Mission I Felt I Lucked Through; The Enemy of My Enemy (the airplane graveyard one) and, especially after finally escaping the house with Ghost and that DRM, feeling like I'm reaching the end of my tether. I've always known I'm not especially great at gaming but I keep finding that after feeling clueless for ages I resort to something akin to 'cheating' -- each time I die I learn the positions of the enemy then take them out tactically the next attempt. Trial and Error springs to mind... but it's just not exactly what being good at the game should be, right? A lot of people say that the game was relatively easy to do on Vet... but then, I suck online so it probably is just me.

Only 4 Intel to go then I can concentrate on the spec ops and the 1000k altogether awesomeness :)

Not really. All it takes is time.

What's with the SPAS fascination? I mean, the M1014 does the same damage, is just as accurate, and it's automatic!!! Instead of using the grip, use the extended mags, and there you go, an even better 1-shot kill DEATHCANNON! What's with the SPAS love? Is it just so you can feel better because it's harder to use? (Granted, it does take a while to get the extended mags on the M1014).

- - - - - - - -

The FAL is such an underused masterpiece! Glad to see more people havin fun with it.

I really really don't get the FAL fascination :hmm:. Now the AUG with grip on is a really overpowered gun. It has nearly flawless accuracy, the best long range power of any gun (aside from the snipers), and good bullet penetration. I swear you can shoot in the general direction of someone and can kill them (watch the kill cam when you next get killed by an AUG).

FAL is awesome, with stopping power, i think two bullets and dead, more for those who like to wait for the enemy to come to them.

SPAS, SPAS is good not because of the damage, but the range on it, much much better than the M104, plus i like the pump action of it :D

FAL is awesome, with stopping power, i think two bullets and dead, more for those who like to wait for the enemy to come to them.

First off: the stopping power damage multiplier is mostly useless with FAL, it's a two-hit kill anyway. The only thing stopping power does for it is make it a one-hit kill for heashots.

Second, not true, I never wait around for others to come to me and it's a fantastic weapon, EVEN at close range. All you need is a good trigger finger, because like you said... two bullets and they're dead!

It's a cracking gun is the FAL. The only thing it's not very good for is tracking shots where the 3 burst guns make for a bit of an easier ride.

as re: Spas-12 I think it has the perfect mix of range and power for indoors fighting. Take the central building on Derail: Any room in there is about the size for a 1-shot kill and you don't really need to aim. It's a beast.

as re: Spas-12 I think it has the perfect mix of range and power for indoors fighting. Take the central building on Derail: Any room in there is about the size for a 1-shot kill and you don't really need to aim. It's a beast.

Why not use the 1887, then, if that's your thing? The range is longer, so's the damage, the fire rate is pretty much the same, plus you can FMJ it!

First off: the stopping power damage multiplier is mostly useless with FAL, it's a two-hit kill anyway. The only thing stopping power does for it is make it a one-hit kill for heashots.

Second, not true, I never wait around for others to come to me and it's a fantastic weapon, EVEN at close range. All you need is a good trigger finger, because like you said... two bullets and they're dead!

Well goodbye stopping power, i'll just put cold blooded on it and silenced.

My 2 favourite classes are probably:

Silenced Scar-H

M1014 with Extended Mags

C4 & Stun Grenades

Scavenger Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Ninja Pro

Final Stand

Barrett 50.cal with FMJ

Silenced PP2000

Claymore & Stun Grenades

Sleight of Hand Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Steady Aim Pro

Final Stand

I do like to mix it up with other guns/perks but I'm usually at my most deadly with the two set-ups above.

Edited by Kav