NEurope

I think your not looking at the big picture...I constantly get shot through walls by people sniping from parts of the map I didn't even know existed. Now if the game gave the option to get bundled with other lower level players you could have a much more progressive experience where you can all learn together.As you then slowly progress through the levels and then the new game modes slowly open up to as the perks etc... do as well. So your playing say at level 10 and its the first time playlist X comes up you'll be playing with players who are also yet to encounter those modes on those levels. Instead I get dumped into different maps every time and don't learn them very well before being sent to another map. I'm not saying it should be the only way to play just an option to matchmake to make things that bit easier for the new player.

I'm looking at this as a new player whose getting used to the way it plays as an online experience who is trying to cut it with level 45+ who clearly have years of COD4 experience as well as a lot more time than me to play the current game. Why can't I play with like minded players who want a more gentle experience as they learn the game. Matchmaking is a simple feature and one that can greatly improve the experience. I'm going to stick with it but I will likely slowly level up and then the point will become null and void. I just think holding the gamers hand sometimes isn't such a bad thing in terms of initial accessibility to a very bewildering genre.

I found the same problems. Doesn't last long though, my first 5 or so games I did shocking! By the end of that evening I was Level 15 and I was starting to pull my K/D ratio back. It's less about your level and more about knowing the maps though really. All a higher level will give you is better equipment.

Anyone else think it's odd that Deathstreaks are unlocks? I thought they were supposed to help newbies, but some aren't unlocked until level 30-something (when you really shouldn't be deathstreaking anyway...)

Surely the americans would still notice all the planes in the sky and how in gods name was the russian army supplied

They did, they just noticed a bit late. The real question you should be asking is how

the Ruskies managed to get that much armour to the US coastline without any other countries noticing? If they flew then they must have gone over Europe. Any other route and they'd run out of fuel. If they sailed then they must have gone past Istanbul and Gibraltar or through the Baltic and either up through the North Sea or across the English channel. The only other possibility is that they have developed a navy capable of sailing through the arctic circle :hmm:

The Yanks not noticing is explained (albeit in a dumb way) in the game. How nobody else noticed is the plot hole. The only way to sail without coming within spotting distance of another nation's coastline is to move the whole navy overland to the north coast and then sail through the Arctic, or develop the most advanced air force in the world (i.e. one capable of transporting the whole army, including armour, 2/3rds of the way around the world without refueling/only refueling mid-air).

I pimp out with launchers for my Assault Class, and shotgun for my sub machine gun class, not sure why, but I get alot of joy of shooting a UAV down and helicopters.

Using the FAL I manged to get two 8 kill streaks which got me two emergency airdrops in one game!! I love seeing the hercules fly over which kindly dropped two stealth bombers, air strikes, UAV jammers and various other awesome stuff, loooooool.

some of the deathstreaks are poo, last stand should be one of the first for the n00bs. and that painkiller should be longer than 10 seconds, jesus, by the time you find the enemy on the some of the maps, the time limit has gone.

Loving the M16 (of course) and also the ACR, the gun is so accurate, hardly any recoil at all.

Does anybody know if you get anything for prestiging at all?

Loving the M16 (of course) and also the ACR, the gun is so accurate, hardly any recoil at all.

Does anybody know if you get anything for prestiging at all?

Emblems and extra Create A Class slots.

Can you get 2 attachments for a single gun in multiplayer?

Yes, but you need to have unlocked the 'Bling' perk from Perk slot 1 and have it selected.

Hell yeah i just finished it on Veteran! just have all the Intel to find and the story will be 100% wooooo

The laptops that are dotted around the maps, that unlock various cheets, or at least they did in COD4

the best basic set up is marathon, Stopping Power and Steady Aim

oh and learn to love stun grenades. They're savagely effective, especially combined with the shotgun.

I'd have said that the Slight of Hand perk for faster reloading would be more beneficial to start with, seeing as to start you're gun of choice is likely to be some form of assault rifle that you'll be spraying bullets from. But each to their own. Think it just depends on how you're going to be playing it. I personally move around alot but most of that time is spent crouching so as to not appear on the enemy radar.

Agree with the grenade thing though. Learn to use them wisely and you'll be unstoppable.

Favourite attachment is as always the grenade launcher attachment. So useful. I know most people pick it because it's an easy way to clear out enemies but I'm so used to using it that I only ever use it for tactical strikes, such as hitting snipers at long range or to nail the guy hiding by the car.

The laptops that are dotted around the maps, that unlock various cheets, or at least they did in COD4

lulz. I had no idea about them at all.

I'd have said that the Slight of Hand perk for faster reloading would be more beneficial to start with, seeing as to start you're gun of choice is likely to be some form of assault rifle that you'll be spraying bullets from. But each to their own. Think it just depends on how you're going to be playing it. I personally move around alot but most of that time is spent crouching so as to not appear on the enemy radar.

Agree with the grenade thing though. Learn to use them wisely and you'll be unstoppable.

Favourite attachment is as always the grenade launcher attachment. So useful. I know most people pick it because it's an easy way to clear out enemies but I'm so used to using it that I only ever use it for tactical strikes, such as hitting snipers at long range or to nail the guy hiding by the car.

Personally I think Sleight Of Hand is a little...superficial. Loading very rarely lands me in any kind of hot water. You absolutely have to use it for an LMG class, but for an AR I think you can use the slot better.

I should work on getting it pro though. That gets you to scope faster, as well as reload. That sounds pretty pimp.

I'm a shit person, went to a LAN this weekend saw all my mates playing it and I broke under the pressure, bought it this morning £35 for PC. Bit steep, but meh.

I'm a shit person, went to a LAN this weekend saw all my mates playing it and I broke under the pressure, bought it this morning £35 for PC. Bit steep, but meh.

Lol, you're not a shit person, it's deffinitely worth buying! Trust me, you won't be dissapointed.

Anyone else addicted to this? lol

I love the riot shield, its so good on domination, i play with a pretty good team, we'v only lost like 15 out out 110 games. The shield is just so good for the front man, so easy to wipe out a team distracting them.

Anyone else love the drop that has 4 crates, its good to drop on a point that your trying to take, itll either squish the enemy or theyll get distracted and try to capture them all, easy cannon fodder lol.

WOOO BEST GAME EVARASE?!

Hells yeah a mate and I just owned half of spec ops on vet last night, the variety of the missions is fantastic.

Am I right in reading that there will be spec ops dlc as well as new maps?

I should work on getting it pro though. That gets you to scope faster, as well as reload. That sounds pretty pimp.

This^

My current loadout for most maps is:

MP5K with the incresed rate of fire attachment.

Stopping power pro

Slight of hand pro

Ninja pro

I personally think the Ninja perk is essential in Search and Destroy (the only game mode I play) Those heartbeat sensors can be a nightmare, but people tend to rely on them a bit too much, hence, the Ninja perk rocks.

I use Ninja alot. The MW1 perks arent as effective in this game.

Though i am trying out all sorts of comboinations and many are effective. Its about finding what works for you.

Anywhere we can get MW2 tags or stats?

Who wants to get involved in the PS3 clan?

Yeah SC the gun is a beaut! I went on an absolutely apocalyptic spree earlier with it- I was just casually headshotting guys with it easy as anything. It's probably the most ammo efficient gun in the game by my reckoning too which is really useful.

I'm also deep in to a love affair with the Spas-12.

few tips if anyone's struggling:

the best basic set up is marathon, Stopping Power and Steady Aim

use an assault rifle like the FAMAS at range. Get some scopes unlocked and practice long range shooting

Take the Spas-12. Always. Up close and with Steady Aim you can just fire off the hip on reflex and kill anyone up to a room away easily.

Marathon is crazy useful. The best tactic in the game is too move at speed and flank the enemy. Marathon does that for you.

also: play stealthy. The UAV radar operates on sound so as long as you don't fire your guns before you have a kill shot, your enemy won't be able to track you. Once you make the kill, move. Often, lazy players come to look for you where they saw you stand on the kill cam so the best place to move to is somewhere you can cover that same spot.

oh and when possible, kill silently. Knives and and silenced weapons are your friend. If the enemy team sees an orange dot line up with a skull marker, they'll come looking for a fight. Kill quietly and they have no idea where to look.

oh and learn to love stun grenades. They're savagely effective, especially combined with the shotgun.

Well i've found that running especially in free for all is not the best tactic. lots of people have found spots to camp so it can be easy for them to kill you. going slowly and using crouch is a tactic i'm starting to use. trying to get a thermal for the .50 cal, but its bloody impossible for me to kill anyone with the acog!

Anyone else addicted to this? lol

I love the riot shield, its so good on domination, i play with a pretty good team, we'v only lost like 15 out out 110 games. The shield is just so good for the front man, so easy to wipe out a team distracting them.

Anyone else love the drop that has 4 crates, its good to drop on a point that your trying to take, itll either squish the enemy or theyll get distracted and try to capture them all, easy cannon fodder lol.

WOOO BEST GAME EVARASE?!

I'm so frickin addicted!

Its fun to find a guy in the corner waiting for there crate then killing and stealing it from them! unfortunately i havent been able to get the 4 crate drop but sounds good! only problem is you have to set the marker in the open

I love getting the 4 crate drop, but sometimes I made some slight errors, like placing the marker at the egde of the map.....so yes, they all went outside the maps boundries except one!!!

Another was the lvel, with the big freeway that half built above you, standing in what looked an open place, waiting for crates to land, waiting, waiting. nothing, looked up, all 4 of them were stuck on the bloody freeway above me!! LOL

Yeah the drops are the best. Killed my teammates that way too :p Some just sit under the drop...

Going to do more free for all. I noticed this desert type map i have not played on before.

Can you get 2 attachments for a single gun in multiplayer?

Yes, but you need to have unlocked the 'Bling' perk from Perk slot 1 and have it selected.

I wondered the answer to that as well because need my scope for aiming but then nice to have either a grenade launcher or such like...

I'm slowly getting into this but like I've said limited amount of time outside of weekends means progression will be slow. I'm slowly learning the levels...

lulz. I had no idea about them at all.

Personally I think Sleight Of Hand is a little...superficial. Loading very rarely lands me in any kind of hot water. You absolutely have to use it for an LMG class, but for an AR I think you can use the slot better.

Depends how you play and what you use it with. I use a SCAR in one of my slots, which has great range but a tiny magazine for going in close with automatic fire - SOH helps negate that one drawback massively to make it, in my opinion, one of the best all round weapons in the game.

Edited by gaggle64