NEurope

First Review of Modern Warfare 2. Slight spoilers of course.

You mean major spoilers.

Depends what you class as a major spoiler. There is no Plot given away, it just shows some previously unseen set-pieces, therefore imo no major spoilers.

But whatever, just letting people know there are spoilers in that review.

bah i love and hate piracy, modern warfare 2's already on the torrent sites, few people over at http://www.justin.tv playing it!

If only i had a modded 360, id well get the single player done in time for nxt weeek so i cud cain the online! Ahhh well! 1 week left :)

[/img]

I laugh at the people playing it online already, banhammer

Well, I finally caved in... I just pre-ordered the Hardened Edition for 360. I feel so unclean....

so unclean....

Apparently some game modes (i.e. Search & Destroy) will disable party chat. Looks like I'll be avoiding those modes.

Apparently that extends to gametypes with respawn times or no respawns - meaning only TDM and FFA would be exempt from it. If that is true, I'll be quite miffed.

Is it not to prevent cheating in ranked matches, i.e telling your mate on the other team where everyone is. as he can see where his team mate are hiding.

I spend virtually all of my time playing online game chatting with people playing other games.

Why don't they let us choose between party chat and having a camera when dead? Or limit the camera to just the 1st Person view?

Edited by Cube

I dont mind the party block thing, il be only be playing this online when iv got friends on so i can still chat to them, we barely use party when playing online, it stops the banter, and i cant wait to have off so many American scumbags and laugh at em.

Does anyone know if a supermarket price war is gonna happen? Really want this cheaper than £45!

edit: Bah wtf! Game tried to take money for Cod yesterday, and since thye cudnt get it, its been cancelled! looks like im off to ASDA at midnight grmbbl!

Edited by Bren

Looks like Activision have put an embargo on early shipments. I have a pre-order with ShopTo, and usually get games a couple of days early at least. But doen't look like I will get it until Tuesday.

Lucky I still have a GAME pre-order for a midnight release at Meadowhell.

From ShopTo......

We have always shipped to be in your hand for release day at the very latest, anything before release date is always a bonus. . We do not need 100 different threads on the same subject (or swearing ones when its read by people of all ages).

No rivals have shipped MW2 early. Activision has ordered every company not to ship early simple as that. Where all under embargo on this one like GTAIV. NOONE is allowed to ship and deliver early for release day Tuesday via courier or face repercussions (couriers can be used to hold orders till a certain date for delivery)

We are currently shipping Monday for Tuesday delivery via UK mail. If this alters at any point we will post this.

Rivals might be charging you early but thats so you cant jump ship and then cancel and as said above nowhere is allowed to ship and deliver early by Activision.

Other companies are very good at charging you up to a week in advance and then not dispatching it for delivery until the day of release. We dont do this as we think it is unfair. We as a general rule allow you to cancel up until processing for dispatch at anytime.

Well since Game tryed charging me too early, iv just put in a pre-order at ASDA in-store, its the last day you can do this. Rumours are going about saying £27 for 24 hours at ASDA, this is only according to the net though, so it may not be true! Either way i dont think theyll charge more than £45, and im expecting it to be around £35 to be honest!

Looks like Activision have put an embargo on early shipments. I have a pre-order with ShopTo, and usually get games a couple of days early at least. But doen't look like I will get it until Tuesday.

Don't forget that there's a postal strike on Monday. So it may not be collected/processed until Tuesday.

Edit: Oh, and they mention that they use UK Mail. All UK Mail stuff is given to Royal Mail for delivery.

Edited by Cube

I know a guy that has this, yes illegally; the naughty boy, and I have played through the campaign at his.

All I can say is wow! Seriously, wow!

Well GAME have just literally took the money from my card (as I get txt message notifications) so I logged into the website and the status is "being picked and packed" :grin:

I pre-ordered my MW2 today. Thanks to my Game card and some old games that I sold, I'm going to pay only less than half the price.:grin:

Can't wait for next week to play it!

After GAME cancelled my order I just re-ordered a few days ago, now its being picked and packed :D

Unless you have a pirate copy, the earliest we will be playing this is midnight Monday. All due to Activision's embargo.:weep:

Every company has an embargo on when games should be released, its no different from Activision and any other publisher