NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LegoMan1031

Playstation 3 Online Meet Up Thread

^ For that reason I didn't like MGO - too much time spent doing nothing and very laggy.Forgot all the CQC controls too.

Well I decided to give SOCOM a go this morning. I'd only played for about 10 minutes when I first got it.

I'm really impressed it's really hardcore and unforgiving but I managed to make a couple of kills so was pleased with that.

I think if a few of us PS3 owners got this title we could get some practice in and maybe even form a clan.

The PS headset really comes into it's own in this game it's crystal clear also another cool feature is you can hear the enmy chatting if your close enough to them (you hear them through the TV).

It seems like a really cool game, proper tactical stuff - would be satisfying to make a kill I imagine.

Was abit busy last night so came home late and watched a movie.

Socom is great. I am getting the Downloadable version so i dont have to change disks. Voice chat is excellent going by the beta! :grin: Also i am sure it will the highest usage of HQ mode ;) . Proximity chat is like KZ2.

I like MGO as well. Its still fun and the new modes and updates supposedly add alot. The game has made huge progress. A japanesey game though.

Yes i think themed night would make things easier for some games e.g Burnout and Motorstorm. We could try it out. We could even do a day for fighting games that way?

I'm not buying any fighting games for PS3 apart from Tekken 6, so it'll be a while I imagine. I suppose I should give others a chance but I just think the art style is great, the characters are awesome and I have fond memories of playing the third on the PS1 with my cousin :)

I'm not buying any fighting games for PS3 apart from Tekken 6, so it'll be a while I imagine. I suppose I should give others a chance but I just think the art style is great, the characters are awesome and I have fond memories of playing the third on the PS1 with my cousin :)

Tekken 5 DR is pretty good too. I am looking forward to it but they have taken so long Tekken 6 already feels old... Graphically its not on par with current PS3 games either. Still day 1 lol.

I suck at SF4. Unlocked all characters though.

Phew, just had a weekend in Harrogate and drunk my own bodyweight in ale. Anyways, these themed nights sound good. It gives everyone a chance to get in on the action. Just decide on the day which game to play with the numbers available. Also good to see Socom - a PS3 exclusive - getting some support.:awesome:

Phew, just had a weekend in Harrogate and drunk my own bodyweight in ale. Anyways, these themed nights sound good. It gives everyone a chance to get in on the action. Just decide on the day which game to play with the numbers available. Also good to see Socom - a PS3 exclusive - getting some support.:awesome:

You should have said you were here! No one ever comes to my humble town lol!!!!

You should have said you were here! No one ever comes to my humble town lol!!!!

Did not know you were from Harrogate mate? Yeah a friend of mine can get cheap Hotel rooms and all food and drink half price in Holiday Inn.

Did a mini pub crawl, went to one called 'Rehab' then down to a sort of Rock Bar, then did a couple more including Wetherspoons before ending up in a little Nightclub. Really enjoyable, nice area and people.

Also tried Queing to get into 'Aunt Betty's Tea Rooms' for some Tea and Cake Sunday morning, but it was swamped with Blue Rinse's lol.

Did not know you were from Harrogate mate? Yeah a friend of mine can get cheap Hotel rooms and all food and drink half price in Holiday Inn.

Did a mini pub crawl, went to one called 'Rehab' then down to a sort of Rock Bar, then did a couple more including Wetherspoons before ending up in a little Nightclub. Really enjoyable, nice area and people.

Also tried Queing to get into 'Aunt Betty's Tea Rooms' for some Tea and Cake Sunday morning, but it was swamped with Blue Rinse's lol.

Ahh you did the thing every visitor does and tried to get in Betty's lol! You didn't miss much its an absolute rip off...

Rock bar I'm guessing was Monty's? Go down like 3 steps to get into it? DUnno what small night club you will have ended up up, revolution/viper rooms or moko are only ones round that area. Not the best for clubs since Ministry of Sound and Jimmy's closed...

Ahh you did the thing every visitor does and tried to get in Betty's lol! You didn't miss much its an absolute rip off...

Rock bar I'm guessing was Monty's? Go down like 3 steps to get into it? DUnno what small night club you will have ended up up, revolution/viper rooms or moko are only ones round that area. Not the best for clubs since Ministry of Sound and Jimmy's closed...

Yeah Monty's, and we went into that Viper Rooms (just down from Wetherspoons IIRC).

Good night out, not the biggest obviously but enjoyable nonetheless.

Anyway, sooooooo, we have 'Modern Warfare' Fridays, what about 'Chequered Flag' Sundays? Incorperating Burnout Paradise, Motorstorm, Wipeout HD and any other racing games?

Yeah Monty's, and we went into that Viper Rooms (just down from Wetherspoons IIRC).

Good night out, not the biggest obviously but enjoyable nonetheless.

Anyway, sooooooo, we have 'Modern Warfare' Fridays, what about 'Chequered Flag' Sundays? Incorperating Burnout Paradise, Motorstorm, Wipeout HD and any other racing games?

Yeah you've got your geography correct...

I was thinking for Saturday's how about a Casual night...most people are out Saturday or busy, so a more casual focus would work...I'm LBP, Buzz (who else apart from me has it?!) any other suggestions that would fit into this?

Yeah you've got your geography correct...

I was thinking for Saturday's how about a Casual night...most people are out Saturday or busy, so a more casual focus would work...I'm LBP, Buzz (who else apart from me has it?!) any other suggestions that would fit into this?

I am very happy doing LBP and Buzz. Seriously. Only problem is the 4 player limit.

I know I suggested it lol but on Saturdays I won't be around until like 10 but defo up for some Buzz...never played online with friends...

Suggestion: don't play against each other in Socom - it is boring! Only go in as a team otherwise it doesn't work.

Suggestion: don't play against each other in Socom - it is boring! Only go in as a team otherwise it doesn't work.

Did you not like it? I thought that little game we had was fun. Me and Deathjamm laying in ambush for you two was pretty tense, Cooky commiting suicide was also a particular highlight.

Maybe try some smaller maps if its just small team games? But this is what SOCOM is all about, stealth and tactics.

Yeah its fine either way. In KZ2 i dont mind being on the other side. Happens alot with me and Cooky...

I know I suggested it lol but on Saturdays I won't be around until like 10 but defo up for some Buzz...never played online with friends...

Yeah its fun plus you learn afew things. I have the National Geographic pack and Games quiz.

I know but it never really felt like I was going to find anyone, so I decided to just run around in the middle of the streets trying to find someone - which obviously doesn't work - but is more interesting than doing jack all.

I don't think there is a more 'hardcore' shooter out there.

Edit: Choze it's fine with Killzone 2 but we were playing on a massive map with only 4 players.

I know but it never really felt like I was going to find anyone, so I decided to just run around in the middle of the streets trying to find someone - which obviously doesn't work - but is more interesting than doing jack all.

I don't think there is a more 'hardcore' shooter out there.

Edit: Choze it's fine with Killzone 2 but we were playing on a massive map with only 4 players.

I see. Play a small map. Also try nighttime. Its fun.

I am up for Killzone 2 clan matches and some SOCOM tonight. :awesome:

Someone should setup N-E ELITES for SOCOM. But i have a feeling we wont be repeating our Killzone 2 success :p

Killzone 2 has been patches so suppossedly some clan stuff is abit better. Bots etc. back so i woul love to one or two clan matches/a small tournament.

Really in the mood for KZ2 tonight. Anyone else?

I always am. Start a chat room and just keep adding people.

Everyone get online then !

Edit: that was the worst clan match ever... We sucked!

Edited by dwarf

Everyone get online then !

Edit: that was the worst clan match ever... We sucked!

Yeah thats the worst i have experienced. Those guys were pros. The assasination attempt pretty much nailed that. They always had the right classes and abilites for the right moment. They also coordinated their attacks exactly at the same time.

Will put the battle replay up. Having said that we got a win after that :p

Sign in to follow this