NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
LegoMan1031

Playstation 3 Online Meet Up Thread

This weeks organised gaming nights:

None

Every week could ppl suggest what games they want to play online for the week after and i will put it it on the table above (also a rough time would be great). Post a message if you want your name adding/taking off a list as well.

Game List

Mike1988uk

Deathjam

Cookyman

Chris the Great

Tapedeck

The Lillster

Choze

Flameboy

Jav_NE

Dwarf gourami

Mike1988uk

Deathjam

MATtheHAT

Choze

Flameboy

Cookyman

Deathjam

MATtheHAT

Chris the Great

Sheikah

Choze

Cookyman

Deathjam

Cookyman

MATtheHAT

Chris the Great

Choze

jav_NE

Mike1988uk

MATtheHAT

The Lillster

Choze

Cookyman

Mike1988uk

The Lillster

Deathjam

Choze

Cookyman

Dwarf Gourami

Mike1988uk

The Lillster

Choze

Flameboy

Cookyman

Mike1988uk

MATtheHAT

Flameboy

Cookyman

Dwarf gourami

Cookyman

Tapedeck

Choze

Flameboy

Dwarf gourami

MATtheHAT

Pit-Jr

Cookyman

Flameboy

Cookyman

Dwarf gourami

Chris the Great

Choze

Deathjam

Tapedeck

MATtheHAT

Chris the Great

MATtheHAT

Choze

Flameboy

Cookyman

Flameboy

Cookyman

Choze

Flameboy

Flameboy

Zerolaff

Flameboy

Cookyman

Mike1988uk

Flameboy

Choze

Choze

Choze

MATtheHAT

MATtheHAT

MATtheHAT

Edited by Mike1988uk

Well I would be interested in playing any if my online games so that list is Street Fighter 4, Burnout Paradise, Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 when I have completed it thru for the first time. Oh and Fifa 09 even though I kinda suck at that. ah then there is some fight night round w/e and I think thats about it.

Well done Mike!

Online gaming with other forum members is much more fun - so hopefully we can arrange specific nights where we all meet up and play online.

Also Killzone 2 needs to get the clan in action!

Charge up those headsets!

Yep, I will probably have any game that can be arranged here, including:

CoD4

SOCOM

SFIV

Burnout Paradise

Resident Evil 5

Resistance 2

CoD W@W

Bad Company

GRiD

Team Fortress 2

Fear 2

And others I cant remember off the top of my head.

Also, I will be on SOCOM tonight if anybody wants to join me, Private room with headsets?

We will probably have a trend of a few main online games that everyone owns and a few of the other ones. I was thinking if for the main games we try and have set nights but also have like a non fixed game nights where u can choose a game for that week kinda thing. (Hope that made sence...)

Also would be great if ppl could suggest nights where they can play so we can try and make something up so it can cover most ppl. Timewise 20:00 seems like a popular time we try and meet-up at with a few joining abit later.

We will probably have a trend of a few main online games that everyone owns and a few of the other ones. I was thinking if for the main games we try and have set nights but also have like a non fixed game nights where u can choose a game for that week kinda thing. (Hope that made sence...)

Also would be great if ppl could suggest nights where they can play so we can try and make something up so it can cover most ppl. Timewise 20:00 seems like a popular time we try and meet-up at with a few joining abit later.

Pretty sound idea. Works for me every night. My thoughts on obvious main games would be resistance 2, Killzone 2, Burnout Paradise and Street Fighter 4.

I really need to fire up SOCOM again. Ill keep an eye out for you other guys that have it (all 2 of you!)

aye, i'll be up for some stuff i have

cod 4

cod waw

street fighter 4

killzone 2

RE 5

also have a hed set so can chat and that.

Killzone 2, FIFA 09, Motorstorm 2.

When I'm on playing those games I'm pretty much always up for some multiplayer. Beats single player any day and I'm usually playing some randoms anyways.

I'm up for any games on...

Killzone2, wipeoutHD, Metal Gear Online (if I can remember my login details) and COD4.

I'm most likely to be on around late evening and midnight.

Resident Evil 5, I'm up for playing! Completed this today and absolutely love it...Add Meltigemini on PSN if you want to play with me. :)

Online now actually...

I would be up for wipeout HD also (i actually dont have resistance 2 but mentioned it earlier as one of the games I think should get a main slot) but I suck at it. And quite alot. Anyways anyone up for some Killzone 2 now? Need to blow of some steam as I was supposed to be going to a fancy dress thing by as usual, mates cancel at last minute lol.

Yes i am up for this.

Have:

Killzone 2

Burnout Paradise

Metal Gear Online

Resident Evil 5

Battlefield Bad Company

Call of Duty 4

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Soul Calibur 4

Ridge Racer 7

Street fighter 4

Got loads of PSN games too like Tekken, Wipeout or Warhawk. Just give a shout.

We could do a get together on the Warhawk demo. :heh: Its free and online. Kind of different from playing brought games.

I have;

Orange Box

The Darkness

GTA IV

MGS Online

Soul Calibur IV

Buzz

Resistance

Resistance 2

LBP

MK VS DC

Killzone 2

Streetfighter 2 HD Remix

Plus other PSN games..

My big days hours wise for gaming are;

Sunday and Monday (days off)

Wednesday Afternoon and night

Thursday nights

Bloody hell just realised I now have 20 PS3 games and only got mine in October!!!

Anyway here are my games for playing online.

Guitar Hero World Tour (Will have Rock Band 2 at end of March)

Killzone 2

SOCOM

Resident Evil 5

Everybody's Golf World Tour (Most underated game ever!)

Burnout Paradise

Street Fighter IV

Motorstorm 2

Smackdown V's Raw 2009 (awesome online)

The Eye Of Judgement

Resisatance 2

Metal Gear Solid IV

Wipeout

The Orange Box

Little Big Planet

Grand Theft Auto IV

Call of Duty 4

Phew thats quite a list.

Cookyman suggested that we try and arrange specific gaming nights for our PS3 in the Killzone 2 thread. I have decided to start a thread and see how it works out. This thread will be for arranging certains nights to play games and rough times etc.

Probably be a good idea if ppl post in here if their interested and what games they would be interested in including and we can try and work a timetable out.

I have Killzone 2, Burnout Paradise and CoD4 that i would be interested in playing on. I also have MGO and Resistance 2 but have never really played them online.

I will keep this thread updated with new info and Credit to Cookyman if this works out and same if it fails ;)

Yep, I will probably have any game that can be arranged here, including:

CoD4

SOCOM

SFIV

Burnout Paradise

Resident Evil 5

Resistance 2

CoD W@W

Bad Company

GRiD

Team Fortress 2

Fear 2

And others I cant remember off the top of my head.

Also, I will be on SOCOM tonight if anybody wants to join me, Private room with headsets?

aye, i'll be up for some stuff i have

cod 4

cod waw

street fighter 4

killzone 2

RE 5

also have a hed set so can chat and that.

I'm up for any games on...

Killzone2, wipeoutHD, Metal Gear Online (if I can remember my login details) and COD4.

I'm most likely to be on around late evening and midnight.

Yes i am up for this.

Have:

Killzone 2

Burnout Paradise

Metal Gear Online

Resident Evil 5

Battlefield Bad Company

Call of Duty 4

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Soul Calibur 4

Ridge Racer 7

Street fighter 4

Got loads of PSN games too like Tekken, Wipeout or Warhawk. Just give a shout.

We could do a get together on the Warhawk demo. :heh: Its free and online. Kind of different from playing brought games.

Bloody hell just realised I now have 20 PS3 games and only got mine in October!!!

Anyway here are my games for playing online.

Guitar Hero World Tour (Will have Rock Band 2 at end of March)

Killzone 2

SOCOM

Resident Evil 5

Everybody's Golf World Tour (Most underated game ever!)

Burnout Paradise

Street Fighter IV

Motorstorm 2

Smackdown V's Raw 2009 (awesome online)

The Eye Of Judgement

Resisatance 2

Metal Gear Solid IV

Wipeout

The Orange Box

Little Big Planet

Grand Theft Auto IV

Call of Duty 4

Phew thats quite a list.

CoD4 Fridays?

thats good for me cos I don't have CoD and am busy friday nights. selfish i know but dont want my nights off dedicated to it...

Killzone 2, FIFA 09, Motorstorm 2, LBP and Wipeout HD.

When I'm playing o those games I'm pretty much always up for some fun time multiplayer. Beats single player any day and I'm usually playing some randoms anyways.

Hope to see you there!

Now...Does anyone "play/use" home?

Game launching is still a massive omission!

CoD4 Fridays?

No. scratch it and R2 off my list. :heh: Especialy with KZ2 online.

The other thing is larger scaled games like fps or racing fare better. Fighting games, some PSN games and stuff like LBP end up leaving alot of people out due to low player numbers in a party etc. but we can do them now and again.

Edited by Choze

I've realised that older games need to be played every now and again for you to remain good at them. The past couple of days I've been gutted with my poor abilities on games that I used to be awesome at.

Here was what happened with me and Resistance

I played on Resistance 2 yesterday and I turned into a complete novice again. My skills just vanished and I was utter crap - I don't think I realised how good I was before... I was just plain shite.

The feel of the game was totally different, the controls were alien and I forgot all of the skills and knowhow. I died a little bit inside when I was at the bottom of the leaderboards.

Then there is Wipeout, which I just downloaded again, and I completely failed at it. I forgot how fast the game was and I was completely thrown in the deep-end. I could not play it at all. Its saddening.

There's this one trophy out of all the games I own which I actually really wanted to have achieved, which is the elite campaign trophy. It's for getting golds on every event in the campaign on elite difficulty. I managed to get to section 8 out of 8 with golds on elite with all tracks and then my data corrupted. After that I didn't really play the game and yet I really want that trophy because it really shows that you have skill and determination. Yet now I can't get it.

If I downloaded save-data off the net and completed the last section on elite would it remember that I had done the previous events and award me the trophy? I already have the normal campaign trophy but just wondered.

If I don't get back into either of these games I won't be playing them online.

Edited by dwarf

R2 and wipeout are hardcore though.

Save data may work hopefully but it has to be before where you need the trophy(as in 7/8 and you get the 8/8 yourself to get the trophy). No guarantee sadly!

Well there's a 70% save file which may have the last section unlocked, but it won't have the golds on it, at least not in elite difficulty, so would that work? I may just leave Resistance behind if/when I get the platinum. Great game yes but if I suck at it now then there is no point because I'll just be kicking myself that I'm not good at it anymore.

No. scratch it and R2 off my list. :heh: Especialy with KZ2 online.

The other thing is larger scaled games like fps or racing fare better. Fighting games, some PSN games and stuff like LBP end up leaving alot of people out due to low player numbers in a party etc. but we can do them now and again.

I just thought with CoD4 being a better game than KZ2* it would make a good addition, besides, there is 7 days in the week, and I doubt everyone will have all 7 games.

You are right about fps and racing games lending themselves better to this type of social gaming. Games like Burnout Paradise and Warhawk are perfect for this.

*Not just my opinion

So......Mike......any news on this timetable?

Edited by MATtheHAT

COD4 came out ages ago amongst lesser competition and has only a measely 2% difference in score. So take that. Didnt realise KZ2's scores rose quite abit after release. :) Personally i dont care though. We would all be playing GTA online if we relied on metacritic. I doubt would ever join in let alone weekly anymore for COD! WAW also has left me tired of the franchise somewhat given Activison will milk it like MOH.

Personally COD4 was great for its time but its very hard to go back to after KZ2.

Well there's a 70% save file which may have the last section unlocked, but it won't have the golds on it, at least not in elite difficulty, so would that work? I may just leave Resistance behind if/when I get the platinum. Great game yes but if I suck at it now then there is no point because I'll just be kicking myself that I'm not good at it anymore.

Try it. I say go for the platinum. See what others say int he R2 forums.

Edited by Choze

I just thought with CoD4 being a better game than KZ2* it would make a good addition, besides, there is 7 days in the week, and I doubt everyone will have all 7 games.

You are right about fps and racing games lending themselves better to this type of social gaming. Games like Burnout Paradise and Warhawk are perfect for this.

*Not just my opinion

So......Mike......any news on this timetable?

I'm on my way to work now but i will try and have a look at it tonight or if i can sneek on a comp in work.

Sign in to follow this