NEurope
bluey

Post Your Purchases - The Mother's Day Edition!

You all knew it was coming - they have it every year...

so! what are you getting/have you gotten your mum for mother's day??

do you buy for your mums and your nans?

do all y'all single parentees buy gifts for your dads?? (my mum skillfully emotional-blackmails me into a fathers day gift every year :grin: )

or had you ....

*dramatic music*

FORGOTTEN??! :shakehead

i'll be going for the good old M&S-vouchers-and-some-chocolate-if-she's-lucky option ^_^

(might get my nan something too... she's been...pretty ill lately...may be my last chance...)

ms_voucher.jpg

+

01722_EmerChocolate_med.jpg

I usually get my mom a box of Thorntons Continental choccies. She loves them. they are quite costly but meh, its only once a year!

thorntons_continental_chocolates.jpg

They have different sizes though, i wont be getting one that big! Cost a fortune.

Every year i make my Mam a card, she prefers it.

She has them all, every last one i made.

EDIT: When is mothers day?

EDIT: When is mothers day?

Either this Sunday or next Sunday...

Either this Sunday or next Sunday...

Cheers, ill have got/made her something by then.

You all knew it was coming - they have it every year...

so! what are you getting/have you gotten your mum for mother's day??

do you buy for your mums and your nans?

do all y'all single parentees buy gifts for your dads?? (my mum skillfully emotional-blackmails me into a fathers day gift every year :grin: )

or had you ....

*dramatic music*

FORGOTTEN??! :shakehead

i'll be going for the good old M&S-vouchers-and-some-chocolate-if-she's-lucky option ^_^

(might get my nan something too... she's been...pretty ill lately...may be my last chance...)

Sorry to hear about your nan, get her some flowers. Nans love flowers!

I might get mine something again this year.

Edited by Kirkatronics
Automerged Doublepost

My mum won't be here during Mother's day, bit annoying. But I'll be buying her some flowers and probably some vouchers for waterstones, she's very into reading at the moment!

Ehhhh, I don't think we have Mother's Day until somewhere in... May or something. At least I hope so, otherwise I really didn't know about it. X3

It was my mum's birthday last week... I got her a massive expensive bunch of flowers. I did, however, forget to send her birthday card 'til yesterday, so she'll get that and be all perplexed and stuff!

I usually pick up the usual chocolates, which are usually the best ones i can find. And i always pick up an excellent card for her as well, she always comments on how good i am at choosing cards.

Its a pain, within four months its my mother's birthday, christmas and mother's day but then I'm stuck as to what to get as I don't want to repeat things.

Anyway so yeah, im stuck. As I tend to be. Plus I don't have much money.

Ehhhh, I don't think we have Mother's Day until somewhere in... May or something. At least I hope so, otherwise I really didn't know about it. X3

It better be...

My mum asked me to order Heartburn on DVD for her, which I could tie into a mother's day present.

It better be...

Wikipedia to the rescue! Apparently it's on the second Sunday of May, so that would make it May 9 this year. Sooooo still enough time to think about what to get her, haha. =)

Wikipedia to the rescue! Apparently it's on the second Sunday of May, so that would make it May 9 this year. Sooooo still enough time to think about what to get her, haha. =)

i thought may the 10th was the sunday?

cause annoyingly.. thats 1 year since the death of my mum -

i thought may the 10th was the sunday?

cause annoyingly.. thats 1 year since the death of my mum -

Ah yes, sorry my mistake. May 9 is the date in 2010.

And sorry about your mom. *hugs*

Ah yes, sorry my mistake. May 9 is the date in 2010.

And sorry about your mom. *hugs*

im just glad its not mothers day here!

Seen as though it's her birthday in the same month it'll be just a birthday card from me. I never understood giving aunties anything and nor do I understand that every year we've given my grandma a card. She is not my mother. Why do I have to giver her a card? *sigh*

It was my moms birthday last week too. So unfair. I just got her a card for that though as shes back home in brum and im down here in bournemouth so, i am exempt from present giving :p

I'll be visiting on the 25th though so i need to get the choccies for then. The card will have to suffice for the actual day.

If i lived with her i would do other nice things instead though. Lke make her breakfast in bed, clean the house and make her dinner. Much nicer than a present.

My mum is quite difficult to buy for, so I've got her some chocolates,

Flipper Critters - a Nintendo DS pinball game - she has almost every other handheld pinball game, and a crosswords book. We'll probably go out for a meal on the Saturday, as it'll be less busy, and I'll do the washing up on Sunday.

I won't be seeing my Mumsy until about...I dunno, maybe a month's time. So, I'm gonna hold back on this and get her something when I go home. Think it'll be better that way.

What to get her, though. Hmm, I'm going to stay away from those traditional Mother-gifts - the giftbox set which contains candles, bath stuff, and smelly stuff. Perfect for Mother's Day, Christmas and Birthdays. Hahahaha.