NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Who Here Actually Owns A Wii?

an interesting question to ask.. I never did doubt myself that most forumers here own a wii.. I mean why be here otherwise? fair enough you own a ds but the wii is where the discussion is at.

I own a Wii and I do love it but I havent really being playing it that much recently due to buying a 360. I have about 14 or 15 games for it and probably about 8 vc.wii ware games.

I have 18 Wii titles, 9 VC titles and 3 WiiWare titles, and if I had more money I would indeed have more of all of those.

I love you flinky and I do have a Wii.

The problem is that people don't admit they're graphic whores and buy other consoles just for that.

Im a bit of a graphics whore but thats only part of the reason i bought a PS3. Believe me, i was set to hate Sony for another 5 years but the excellent library, 3rd party support, fair asking price and suprisingly low defect rate convinced me to get one. Yes the graphics are good but theres many other reasons people buy a PS3/360

I bought a Wii at launch, had great fun with it, particularly Wii Bowling, Prime 3, Galaxy and the VC but i sold it to a guy who really wanted to get one for his kids but couldnt find one. I may get another one in the future if Punch Out and Dragon Quest deliver

have a wii, havent played it in months though.

All my money goes on 360 and DS games..

As a outsider, it is obvious that X360 / PS3 users are minority here, but they are quite vocal about it. It doesn't help either that many of these users think that it is their divine right to come shit into Wii side, and think that freedom speech equals right to act like total douches. Of course it has gotten better after certain unnamed persons decided that they could have their own lovely xenophobic circle jerk at other consoles section.

Edited by Teppo Holmqvist

I'm a proud Wii owner and have had the l'il white box since it's launch (was exceedingly hard to get though as I didn't preorder). I love it and it's provided me with countless gaming memories with some truly fantastic games. However, when you have all 3 major consoles as well as a DS, trying to spread your money over the 4 consoles to have a decent amount of titles to play on them is hard and so in recent weeks my Wii has been neglected as I have been buying more 360 and PS3 titles. However, in the next few weeks I should be playing much more of the Wii with some of the newer games.

It's just a shame I wish I had more time for it and wish I hadn't gotten rid of my copies of Mario Kart Wii and Brawl (although to be fair with Brawl I bought two copies and still have my American one but just can't play it). Miss them because even though I got a little bored with the online on Mario Kart Wii and everyone zerg-picking the same tracks over and over again to cheat, it was still a fantastic title and I would love to play it again. Should have bought it when I saw it for £19.99 with the Wii Wheel. Likewise with Brawl, I just want to mess about on the Wind Waker stage.

Had a Wii since launch & although it's branded as ''kiddy'' to the ignorant & has tons of shovelware & cheap ports it also has a lot of quality such as RE4, NMH, zack & wiki, metroid 3, hotd overkill, mariokart, pro evo, excite truck, galaxy, disaster, brawl & umbrella chronicles just off the top of my head which make owning a Wii more than justifiable with good potential for the future with madworld next fri, MH3, conduit, dead space extraction etc to name but a few to come.

I do own a 360 though & i'm glad i do for games such as fallout 3, dead rising, bioshock, resi 5, dead space, burnout paradise & left 4 dead etc that can't or won't be done on the wii.

Got mine on launchday... and now with Mad World coming up im finally going to use it again

I own a Wii since the end of December when it launched (2006 I think?) , but I barely play it. I think last time that I played a Wii game was Brawl at New Years. I don't own a PS3 or 360 either. Most of my gaming time is on PES6 on PS2, but the machine is on its last legs again and I don't feel bothered enough to open it up to clean the lens.

I got a Wii on launch day and now I own 23 retail games, 4 WiiWare and 25 or so VC games. It is the only console I have though bar N64 which I never play anymore.

Edited by Nicktendo

I own a Wii. My Wii is not dusty. I own 18 retail Wii titles. Despite my household also containing a PS3 and 360, I never play them whatsoever, and have never contemplated buying my own games for them.

It's nice to go against those who kindly speak and generalise for the whole of the Wii community with comments like "Wii owners are not happy" and "Nintendo are forcing gamers to buy other consoles".

Mine was stolen over a year ago and I've been waiting for enough reasons to consider buying one, and things are starting to look up. I just need money.

Wii Owners Anonymous?

*Stands up, takes a deep breath, sweat breaking out on forehead, swallows hard...*

I have a Wii.

*Claps enthusiastically*

I only own a Wii this generation and I don't need another console. I'd be interested to see a thread listing those who don't own a Wii!

I have all three. I switch between all of them. My PS3 gets the most playtime because the online is free, PSN is amazing and my sister (Yes, and me :heh: ) wants to play SingStar. Also my rental list is all Blu-Rays.

Then my 360 gets a look in, a lot less time than it used to. Some great exclusive games but over time that's become less pronounced.

Got my Wii at the launch on Oxford Street, managed to get on the front page of Eurogamer :D , and apart from HotD:Overkill it's been sitting dormant since Mario Galaxy, which offered nothing that special in reality. I think when I completed Twilight Princess it occurred to me that Nintendo really aren't pushing games as an artistic medium. Now after playing the other two, when I see Mad World, all I think is it looks nice but on the 360/PS3 the graphics and style would be so much more emphatic. Maybe even with the complete opposite style to flower.

I love you flinky and I do have a Wii.

The problem is that people don't admit they're graphic whores and buy other consoles just for that.

Except that you don't sacrifice any gameplay whatsoever when you buy a 360/PS3.

I thought I'd just come out and ask it.

I'm almost certain that, despite this being a Nintendo fansite, the Wii owners are in the minority.

I dunno about anyone else, but I'd love to just have a nice chat about the games and the Wii, without some idiot mentioning the words "kiddy" "casual" or "hardcore." It's almost as if we should be made to feel persecuted for enjoying the Wii.

I got mine a month after release, and I'm not thinking about selling it.

HOWEVER, I bought a 360 on the side because Nintendo just seem to be messing around, rather than giving us quality games.

I only own 5 Wii games. Partially because I spent my first year of Wii ownership in the army, and partially that I'm currently studying at the university, suddenly finding it expensive to pay 500-600 krona for a decent game. I'm gonna get Smash Bros and Metroid, then it's just gonna be gathering dust untill Nintendo release maybe Zelda or Starfox.

Just because you like Nintendo, you shouldn't blinly love anything they do. As a matter of fact, it is because I loved Nintendo's previous work that I'm so bummed out right now.

Edited by darkjak

I do , and have had it since Jan '07 as I couldn't quite get it on launch.

I used to spend hours on the thing but just haven't really found anything in the last few months that particularly interests me.

That's been made worse since I recently (Dec) picked up a 360 and I am trying to pick up a lot of the older stuff that I missed out on. Not only that , but trying to keep up with, let alone afford and find time for new games on both consoles is a bit difficult.

I did have a second Wii at one point but sold it to pay for the 360 and I did think out getting rid off the other one but I know that I will probably get involved with it again soon.

I do of course have one, i just havn't played it since Mario Kart :(

I want to, it just doesnt grab me anymore. PS3 and 360 have had some amazing games int hat time that i've really liked, whereas the Wii hasn't had anything to entice me. Wii Music was the last game i considered, but i knew it would be a gimmick to me that i'd get bored of within a day.

I want to like the Wii more, i really do, but the games just arn't there for me. Also, the only games i get for free from work are 360 and PS3 so, that has had alot of influence on my gaming time as well i suppose.

I own one and I love it. I've had Super Mario Galaxy for my first game and I haven't stopped playing it since. (even though I've completed it twice now, lol)

I think this year for the Wii is brilliant. Resident Evil: The Darkside chronicles, MadWorld, Harry Potter, Resident Evil 5 (rumours are flying about that it'd be in 2010 but I dunno...) and I can't wait to play them.

Got my Wii on launch, and I'm still a proud owner. I've got 33 retail games, and probably 14,000 points worth of downloaded content. Yikes!

I have 3...

I always end up with a ton of consoles for some strange reason..

I have 5 cubes

3 Xbox

3 wii

3 360

1 PS3

And I still do Love it :)

Been playing a lot of 360, but I still got love for the wii.

Mad World and trauma Center2 is on my to do list.

I own a Wii. Hell, I think it was cos of the Wii that I joined this place's forums! However, I did last year cave and get a 360 on the side(mainly for fable) and since I've played that more than the Wii. I only really use the Wii for Brawling, that's it. I HAVE been dissappointed with its output, and that's why I got the 360. Along with that, the cost of Wii games just don't seem worth it in comparison to 360 ones :(

i do own a wii, but its not seen much use since i got my ps3. i do like alot on the wii, but the problem is, that sine the release of brawl, i havent found a single game interesting enough to buy.

i have madworld pre ordered, and im also looking forward to no more heros 2. i have an understanding with nintendo. release a game id like to play and i'll buy it.

that said i am kinda interested in HOTD, but its been far to big a month on the ps3 to justify it.

all in all, i have my wii and i'm very pleased with it. it has alot of great games, i'd not criticise nintendo for anything they have done, i mean they have just kept going in different directions, its just alot of these directions wernt where i wanted to head personaly.

I think when I completed Twilight Princess it occurred to me that Nintendo really aren't pushing games as an artistic medium.

And X360 and PS3 games are artistic? This is one my personal pet peeves about all videogames...

[RANT-INCOMING]

I find it always hilarious when kids come to explain me how stuf like Mass Effect, Halo, Okami, No More Heroes or Metal Gear* are "artistic" games. I guess if cardboard characters, aturday cartoon plots, and dialogue that would be laughed out from any other medium is artistic, yes, videogames are artistic masterpieces. I mean, seriously. I really believe that standards are detoriating as younger folk doesn't either read or watch anything else than gasoline-filled blockbuster movies. Even hollow philosophical waxing of Dark Knight was seen as intelligent and deep.

[/RANT-INCOMING]

* Excepts at least one angry Metal Gear fanboy come to tell me how I don't understand Kojima's masterpiece. :)

Edited by Teppo Holmqvist