NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DCK

Better idea: DS or Revolution ?

Tough question, no?

Yeah, I know, too early to ask. But I'm just wondering, which do you think is the best idea, the DS or the Revolution?

I would say the Revolution is better. The DS brought (and is bringing) new forms of gameplay, but Nintendo is pioneering their own technology with the Revolution.

They're both awesome though.

Based on what Ive seen I think the revolution idea is better. I have a DS and the games dont use it as much as they should. The DS being a handheld means it is also limited. Revolution is in my opinion something that should have been done this generation. Gaming is dying and Nintendo have given the breath of life.

The was a rather unique idea, but a small step, nothing *that* big, but it matters nontheless. The Revolution is much bigger IMO.

Jesus Christ why do people compare things that aren't ment to compete with each other?

to be honest I'm not totally sold on the revo yet. The appeal of the DS was more instant for me, but maybe thats because we had game demo's, and as yet we have seen no revo demos. I'm confident Nintendo will have the games to back it up, its 3rd parties I worry about.

Revolution just seems awesome. I would have to say Revolution, using the controller as a sword is like a dream come true, the Revolution makes it legal.

I can't decide between the two, though I believe that Revolution will have a better start than DS had. Most of the DS games up until now have been dire ports. But now it's finally getting back on it's feet. Revolution will have excellent games from realease (hopefully). Among the list of release games is going to be Mario Rev, Super Smash Bros Rev, Metroid Prime 3. Maybe MP3 won't be available for luanch, but two of those 3 games is good enough. And being a home console, it's likely to have more 3rd party support too.

Revo for me.

I love the DS. also i'm seeing that it as a beta console for nintendo to see how the gaming world took to innovation to make sure they were going in the right way with the Revo

I see the DS touch screen and revolution controller as quite simular. The touch screen is interacting with the games in a 2D way (up and down, left and right touching), the revolution is essentially 3D interaction (up down, left right, but also pulling it back and forth).

Between the revolution and DS, the DS currently has me more exciting, but thats because we are verging on best of the DS (online soon).

Personally, i think the two work hand in hand. It's also back to my "big brother" rant about the Revolution following off where the DS started.

Which one is better? I really don't think there is a definite answer. I don't think my mind knows which one is better either. They both equally have good potential, and...i haven't tried the DS out yet, nevermind the Revolution!

Tough question, no?

Yeah, I know, too early to ask. But I'm just wondering, which do you think is the best idea, the DS or the Revolution?

Well, they both bring innovation to their respective areas...touchscreen on a portable and 3-d control on a home console. Idea-wise, I think they're equal.

But the Revolution brings the potential of much more awesomeness :D

At the moment I'm gonna say DS, but I'm sure once I got the Rev controlelr into my hands and am actually playing the games that will change!

I think Revolution is more a focused thing, it seems like theres more of a chance of them making games and changing games to use all Revolution controller where they wuss out with DS and don't really want to poineer fully touch and microphone games. You don't see Madden with touch screen only interface or voice calling plays. Yet, I think at this point they might actually try to incorperate it and change the way we play games.

Least, thats the hope.

I think the touch screen idea is harder to use because some games are simply not suited for it (i.e. Mario Kart) but the gyros are basically just a better joystick replacement developers and gamers can get used to very quickly.

But I think both methods can't be compared directly still I believe the Revo controller is the better invention because it offers more possibilties in terms of controls.

jesus ! thats a hard one m8 i wud go for the ooo damn the revo

cause of its unique and stylish look its totaly new its like its came out 10 years to soon lol but thats a good thing right . . . . .

cause of its unique and stylish look its totaly new its like its came out 10 years to soon lol but thats a good thing right . . . . .

The delete button is there for a reason. Use it :yes:

Sign in to follow this