NEurope
Cookyman

Split Second

Put it this way. Pure was fucking awesome. Non-stop awesome.

I hope this can be a 'true' sequel to Burnout Revenge.

I love Pure, doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I wasn't too keen on Burnout Paradise. I just wanted to have a list of races to jump into, not drive around a city and stopping at traffic lights.

Interesting idea. Stuntman crossed with Burnout?

Lets see how it turns out.

WOW, that looked bloody awesome. I love burnout, but damn, this games graphics look even better surprisingly.

Looks interesting. Triggering obstacles sounds like it could be fun (as does avoiding them). Although I'm put off by the mention of Pure.

Looks interesting. Triggering obstacles sounds like it could be fun (as does avoiding them). Although I'm put off by the mention of Pure.

...Pure was a fantastic game. Like SSX on ATVs.

Looks awesome...I love Burnout Paradise so much that I have actually struggled to get into any other racers since. This could perhaps be the one that does it, as it clearly offers something different and new.

WOW, that looked bloody awesome. I love burnout, but damn, this games graphics look even better surprisingly.

Its CG right now. Given how Burnout is 60 fps and beautiful its hard for other racers to measure up.

Looks pretty cool, and while I did get a little burnout vibe from it, I don't think it is actually aiming for that game. It feels more like a racer with booby traps than ramming cars into traffic and what not.

Its CG right now. Given how Burnout is 60 fps and beautiful its hard for other racers to measure up.

Well dont I feel stupid.

Well dont I feel stupid.

Didnt mean it that way. Early car game showings = lots of good footage and images. See NFS games.

Graphics are good but I wasn't convinced it will be any good.

Graphics are good but I wasn't convinced it will be any good.

See I think it offers something new and different. I havn't bought a racing game since Burnout Paradise as nothing remotely interests me...I've always been more into my arcadey racers that true sims so glad that this seems to be bringing something new to the table.

I really like kart games, but all in all I'm not really a racer fan. Gran Turismo 3 I played a lot, I played a couple of rally games on the PC with a wheel, I S-Ranked Excite Truck, but I don't like this sort of style racer.

I'm just not a fan of Burnout/NFS/Ridge Racer so probably won't be convinced with this.

Basically I like kart games or simulators, not what you get inbetween. Although the Grid demo was OK I thought.

It looks awesome but i'm worried it might become a bit stale. Depending on how many 'events' there are in each race the player will become accustomed to where they are. I'm just wondering how quick it will get to the point where no one gets affected by the events because they're too predictable. I guess the human element is where it gets its longevity as you're not going to know when someone decides they want to activate a bomb. I can see a lot of people just activating everything in the race instead of leaving some and actually having a bit of a surprise when something doesn't go off. We'll see.

I think the events will mean people will have to go out of their way to avoid them, thus losing time. I see what you're saying though, the events will become readable, just depends how they will be implemented. You might have more choice than just when you want to activate the event.

I think the events will mean people will have to go out of their way to avoid them, thus losing time. I see what you're saying though, the events will become readable, just depends how they will be implemented. You might have more choice than just when you want to activate the event.

Hopefully they though about that. Otherwise yes it can get stale. If the racing aspect is good it will last ages. I do wish for more conventional arcade type racers like Outrun next gen or Ridge Racer 8 (i wish). They never get old because the racing aspects are really good and people care about time trials.