NEurope

Not surprising. Was just reading this on Gonintendo.

Worldwide sales of 26k supposedly. Oh boy!

France = Europe?

Edited by Dante

I seriously doubt those sales just apply to France if there are serious complaints about the sales levels.

its £19.99 on game 29.99 with the zapper. possibly gamestation too

I'm really tempted by that, but I've just been given 3 games as gifts. One of which is Dead Space: Extraction. It would be ultimate greed to buy another game right now.

Maybe I should also pick up Umbrella Chronicles beforehand?

I haven't gone too deep into Darkside yet, but I LOVED Umbrella, and really disappointed with Darkside. I've only played the first 4 levels mind

Can't blame 'Capcom' for stopping 'mature' support for Wii...Darkside Chronicles is great, only played first couple of levels, haven't had time to play anymore but pleased i bought it! :hmm:

darkside chronicles didnt sell because capcom was testing the wii market with re4 wii edition and re UC, and i think manny gamers thought that after that they would have gotten re5 or at least a game in the style of re4/re5.

darkside chronicles bombed because of the overcrowded on rails games market.

People already have one on-rails shooter with Resident Evil, and thats all they care for.

darkside chronicles didnt sell because capcom was testing the wii market with re4 wii edition and re UC, and i think manny gamers thought that after that they would have gotten re5 or at least a game in the style of re4/re5.

So true, i have HOTD 2&3, Overkill, Umbrella Chronicles & Extraction. I've had more than my fill of on rails shooters & Resi cash-ins no matter how dressed up they are. I've a bad feeling we'll never see a proper Resi game ( with Resi 4 controls ) on the Wii now.

It sucks, but it makes sense. UC was released when there were few onrail-shooters around. Now it's just oversaturated. But to turn their back to Wii altogether... It's more like not wanting to admit maybe another onrail-shooter wasn't the best way to go, and just blaming Wii instead. Would it sell better on PS3 with the Wand? I wonder...

As much I like DC, I can't help to ponder on what could have been had they used those rescourses for a RE4-spinoff.

But in the end, it's not that bad. We have lots of Resi games, with the best version of the best game, and 2 good onrail-shooters. Hey, not too shabby! Let's hope Tatsunoko vs Capcom fares better saleswise.

Darkside Chronicles hasn't bombed yet. It bombed in France apparently. It's sold 260,000 units worldwide... whilst not the best sales ever seen, certainly not too shabby considering that's one month sales. Look at COD:MWR, first month sales weren't much higher, now's it's done 556,000 copies. It could do a million.

Darkside Chronicles hasn't bombed yet. It bombed in France apparently. It's sold 260,000 units worldwide... whilst not the best sales ever seen, certainly not too shabby considering that's one month sales. Look at COD:MWR, first month sales weren't much higher, now's it's done 556,000 copies. It could do a million.

Are you sure it's 260 thousand, and not 26? James McGeachie posted on the other page saying it was 26. There's...kinda a difference in both, heh.

To be honest the 26k was going by comments from someone else in the same GoNintendo thread that had the story about 16k "in Europe".

I figured it did sound a bit dodgy since only selling 10k across the US and Japan (if it's out there) seems a bit too strange.

Is there any hard facts on worldwide figures from respected sources that can be linked?

Going by Charttrack the UK sales don't seem hot anyway. The game's debut was at like 22nd in the Wii specific charts (pretty low considering for example, the 6th ranked Wii specific game this week isn't even in the All console top 40 at all) and has stayed in the 20's every week since launch. That suggests maybe a few hundred copies selling per week.

Edited by James McGeachie

How accurate are VGchartz? They state Darkside has hit 260,000 - thats 180,000 in the US and 80,000 in 'others'.

France = Europe?

No. France + Germany = Europe. And stuff everyone else.

Edited by david.dakota

If it is 260,000 I guess the figure I saw was just missing a 0. That does seem better, although it does at least seem to be performing poorer in Europe than UC did by a noticible margin, especially the UK sales going by charttrack.

I think VG Chartz is pretty good on figures. What's more, the preorder charts had this at around 50,000 copies in the US. Which whilst not stellar, would suggest a lot more than 10k sales in America!

Anyone else order a copy of this from the Gamestation sale?

Recived my copy on Friday and finished it yesterday evening. It's defintley an improvement on the Umbrella Chronicles, so much so that I am going to keep this in the collection, unlike it's predecessor. The RE2 and Code Veronica scenarios make this much more enjoyable in my opinion, and the brand new scenario is miles better than the snowy one from UC. First thing you'll notice when playing is that the camera is very very shaky, and makes getting headshots, and even some normal shots, very difficult. It's very frustarting at times, but you soon get used to it. Also there are certain moments in the game which annoyed me where you come across a horde of zombies, and you get ready to take them out, but your character decides that "We don't have time for this!" or that we should "Run away!" instead of engaging in some zombie killing which is the point of the game, grrrr! Can't remember if you could upgrade weapons in UC, but you can in this, which makes replaying levels more satysfying. Took around 6 hours for me to complete the main game on Normal and it doesn't seem as difficult as UC as I managed to beat the majority of the bosses on the first attempt, including the final boss, but I only had a 'mm' of health left on the bar that time to be fair and there's more 'herbs' and 'first aid sprays' to collect, so if you're a RE or light gun shooter veteran, you may be better of playing on 'Hard'.

Anywhoo, overall it's a very enjoyable, good looking Wii game, with fun gameplay that you should defintley pick up if you're looking for something to play over a rainy weekend.

Edited by welsh_gamer