NEurope

Tofu Mode returns from RE2:

This isn't the Tofu Survivor Mode where you play as Tofu with a knife to escape Raccoon City by reaching the escape helicopter in the timed limit. :sad:

Western Outfit

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_005.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_006.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_004.jpg_718.jpg

Biker Outfit

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_001.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_003.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_002.jpg_718.jpg

Agent Outfit

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_009.jpg_718.jpg

Biker Outfit

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_013.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_014.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_012.jpg_718.jpg

Western Outfit

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_015.jpg_718.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_016.jpg_718.jpg

Tofu Mode

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-11-wii_017.jpg_718.jpg

12+ gameplay hours! :o

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Man, that trailer is amazing. I've never seen anything like it before.

Edited by LostOverThere

This isn't the Tofu Survivor Mode where you play as Tofu with a knife to escape Raccoon City by reaching the escape helicopter in the timed limit. :sad:
No, but that mode wouldn't work in First Person would it!

It does look like a lot of fun though!

12+ gameplay hours! :o

- Confusing story, I can't see that being the case! Perhaps if you have no knowledge of Resi at all.

I'm undecided, I think it looks really great, but I wasn't overly keen on Umbrella Chronicles, and whilst the pacing seems to be up on this one I can't see myself replaying it much.

I want to play it though, so maybe a rental, or just end up buying it!

Edited by Retro_Link

Sod Tofu, where is HUNK!!! He was a great extra in the games, especially in the mercenaries in number 4, that neck breaker was BRUTAL!

Sod Tofu, where is HUNK!!! He was a great extra in the games, especially in the mercenaries in number 4, that neck breaker was BRUTAL!

So true!!!!!:grin:

You think Capcom will show you the last unknown secrets of the game?

Capcom hasn't shown Chris gameplay footage at all.

Yeah, both HUNK and Chris have been shown in cutscenes, so they'll likely both have unlockable chapters at the end of the RE2 and CV missions.

Dante that video isn't working any more but despite all the fan arguments of how only one scenario can be correct, etc, I don't really think Capcom cares and they just pull the elements out of the scenarios they want to.

I assume they used the falling scene anyway?

Dante that video isn't working any more but despite all the fan arguments of how only one scenario can be correct, etc, I don't really think Capcom cares and they just pull the elements out of the scenarios they want to.

I assume they used the falling scene anyway?

It was Mr X throwing her at the water tank.

Hmm. Well I'm pretty sure that's argued as the scenario that would actually happen by the fans as they don't believe she could've physically possibly survived the fall.

I know Wesker's Report showed it but it also mixed up Mr.X and Birkin at one point.

Gamespots Review - Butched RES = 6.0

Now... as a series nerd, this game disconcerted me to no end. From my perspective, storywise, this game is a mess. RE2, RECV fans expecting nostalgia done justice, don't bother.

Remember Leon's personality? I don't. Wait, I have vague recollections, but that seems to be ret-conned in favour of his lamer, cooler self. I mean this statement very seriously: he really has no personality. This game portrays him as a glib pretty-boy who speaks only in commands. Worse yet, Cavia decided to have him narrate the game, including the CVX chapter, which makes even less sense. SEE Leon pepper monologues with words he lacks sufficient education or personality to actually use. HEAR Leon stay on the same "cool" apathetic three-tone speech pattern. Honestly, I don't get why guys relate to him at all. He looks like a European shampoo commercial and to be honest, he's just a Pop Tart with an attitude. This is emphasized especially in his "partnership" with Claire. These two barely seem to be able to tolerate each other, and it makes Leon's disregard for her in RE at least line up. However, that movie was garbage, and so is REDSC from a plot perspective.

Claire? Don't worry about her. The men are here to take care of her. In fact, Cavia's actually decided to have her spend the entire game uncharacteristically whining. And that strenuous relationship with Sherry? Don't worry about that either. They've given the brunt of it to Leon. In fact, the bizarre decision was made to (SPOILERS OMG!) have Leon learn of the vaccine, and Leon be the one who breaks the news of Annette's death to her. In fact, you won't even see Claire's face in the RE2 segment ending at all. You never really see Claire's face for more than a second in any of the movies actually, though all the pretty boy men get like six second close-ups of their pouting reactions. Even in the CV chapter, which is technically her story, as soon as Chris shows up the ending becomes his, and extreme close-up Chris action begins; does Cavia have a thing against Claire? Must be the feminism thing. They like their girls in high heels. Claire doesn't even seem to have a consistant CG movie model; half the time she looks like Revlon model, the other half she's lost her chin. Anyway, Claire is now irrelevant to the story (though maybe she was before, come to think of it), and her presence in both stories is incidental. I doubt we'll see her again in the RE canon series, so I guess it's good Capcom has emphasized her general importance.

Ada is a smug street-walker type in this, and her relationship with Leon is forced as hell. She doesn't do much, so don't expect anything. Her shooting a flare out of a lipstick tube is the most interesting thing she does in this game.

Edited by Dante

Haha, only read the bold part and it was like reading a comment on a blog or 4chan.

Gametrailers Review - 7.9

Leon looks wierd in the S.America mission!... especially in that aweful hat!

I was reading this months ONM earlier and they say Capcom have messed around with the story too much.

They talk about how at the start of the R Evil 2 segment Claire and Leon don't even get seperated by the tanker, the gun shop keeper is already dead and the cop is dying in the main part of the police station and not the room to the side. They go on to say there are alot of things like this throughout the game that will annoy fans who have followed the series and that Capcom will have fans wondering just what the true story is.

ONM makes a very good point in that the UC games were supposed to be filling in gaps between the games and fleshing out the story but instead it seems Capcom have made it even more confusing. They say it still plays great though, well apart from a few camera niggles.

Im still keeping my copy preordered being the R Evil nut that I am but im a little disappointed with what i've read. :(

A bit annoying they've messed with the story that much but I guess there's only so close they can keep things with the co-op system.

Basically Capcom ruined the Resident Evil story, and are now using these games to pretend it was always meant to be this way.

They're complete bastards for not giving us a true Umbrella showdown.

... or not! :cry:

Okay, here's something interesting I saw last night...

I was on the bus to Birmingham with a friend and my cousin, and as the bus headed down Broad Street (if you don't know the area, it's the street with tons of clubs/pubs), I saw a Capcom van. However, it was no ordinary van, it had a huge TV on the side, and some peeps were playing Darkside Chronicles! I could tell because they were on a Mr. X boss fight. I would have stopped to have a go, but I was in my gothy atire, plus we were in a hurry.

I don't know if it'll still be there, but keep and eye out in your local areas for this folks!

My order got shipped yesterday from GAME, which is earlier than usual. With any luck it may arrive today!

So did mine, got the gun and game for £25! (obviously i had points to spend..)

I wasn't going to buy this..but so far? I'm very glad i did! It's tons better then 'Umbrella Chronicles' already, as it feels much more action-orientated and already is giving alot of variety. I loved the first level, which in my opinion just confirms that Resident Evil 5 could come to Wii and look very nice indeed as the graphics are top-notch! My only complaint is the RE2 level is very dark, so it's hard to see what your shooting at (but to give the game some credit, it's set at night) and the 'shaky-cam' though adds alot to the gameplay (i really like it) does make it difficult to aim properly..but you knew this already!

Overall? As the Wii hasn't got 'that' many game releases this winter, i'd say you'll be a bit daft not to give this a go! It's another top action-orientated on-rails shooter, which is as good as HOTD: Overkill and Dead Space! :grin:

Hopefully the game keeps up the greatness throughout, and judging by reviews..it gets 'better' not worse..so i'm chuffed! and £25! woop! :grin: