NEurope

New scans: RE2 areas

0904231114cd2d087f8ea4a.jpg090423111414e05354b2da8.jpg

You remember that your the player off-screen RL. So its Leon,Claire and Ada team up. Strong beta Lickers from Re5 have replace the normal lickers.

Yeah, just the original scans weren't very clear so I wasn't sure if it was a cutscene or not. Can see the crosshair in each of the scans now, so I get it now!

Some incredibly good visuals going down!

:weep: on rails!

Edited by Retro_Link

Translation:

Famitsu Article: Biohazard: Darkside Chronicles

Wii - Capcom - Release Date Undecided - Price Undecided

Producer: Masachika Kawata (Capcom), Kentaro Noguchi (cavia), Director: Yasuhiro Seto

A heroic battle unfolding from the player's perspectives, Biohazard: Darkside Chronicles is a gun shooting game and the sequel to Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles. The game will cover the currently unwritten stories and shadow-drenched parts of the series that took place leading up to the destruction of the Umbrella Corporation. This week, we have a look at Biohazard 2's two expected female protagonists. We will also give information series fans may have been worried about.

Page 278

(Picture of Ada and Claire, top right)

"Joint Combat!?"

(Picture of Claire below the above, and then spreading into the next page)

"A desperate struggle unfolding in the Police Station"

(In the frame showing the two zombies and Leon kicking one of them)

"Cooperative Play

As with the previous game, it is possible for two players to play at the same time. In the picture to the left, there are blue and red reticules. Also, in this game, there seems to be a good number of situations in which we send the players into struggles (QTEs?)."

(Left of the picture of Leon kicking the zombie)

"For the actions, the camera leaves the first person perspective and goes behind the protagonist, showing the action scene."

(Right of the big picture of Ada)

"Ada Wong

The mysterious woman Leon meets in Biohazard 2. She says she came to Raccoon City to find her boyfriend, but she actually carries a secret. In Biohazard 2, she only appears in Leon's story, making this game the first time she appears alongside Claire."

Page 279

(Left of the big picture of Sherry)

"Sherry Birkin

The only daughter of the brilliant scientist, William Birkin and his wife Annette. Finding herself in the middle of the Biohazard in the city, she encounters Leon. She seems to be harboring something of mystery... This is her first time appearing in the series since Biohazard 2."

NOTE: The magazine does indeed say that Sherry runs into Leon, and not Claire.

(Between the picture of the Licker and Spiders)

"One after another, the creatures arrive and attack."

(Frame showing Leon, and Marvin)

"Important Points

Although the game will contain scenarios and circumstances from the past, there will also be new scenarios and content. In other words, there will be stories that deepen the series and broaden the views of the players. We'll introduce two such situations here."

(To the right of Leon in the same frame)

"On the wall of the Police Station, is that a message warning of the danger? Amongst the writing, words such as "Umbrella" can be seen. What does this person want to say, and to whom? For example, this seems to be written by someone such as a journalist..."

(Left of the Leon and Marvin frame)

"In Biohazard 2, Marvin Branagh, who collapsed in the west office of the first floor of the Police Station, we see him collapsed on the fountain of the main entrance hall. Is it possible for him to give us the truth about the incident?"

"Sherry Birkin

The only daughter of the brilliant scientist, William Birkin and his wife Annette. Finding herself in the middle of the Biohazard in the city, she encounters Leon. She seems to be harboring something of mystery... This is her first time appearing in the series since Biohazard 2."

NOTE: The magazine does indeed say that Sherry runs into Leon, and not Claire.

In which case I think they may have altered the story and given her a Leon connection, to perhaps have her reappear in Leons South American mission; which I am SO pissed is not Resi 6!

:weep: on rails!

Are you kidding? :o It's not even funny anymore that every new game is on-rails now, or at least it feels so (I'm still bitter about Dead Space).

Umm what? that's why I'm :weep:

I quoted you because I hadn't heard it was going to be on rails and I was surprised to know it.

I'm curious how much more work it would be to make a not-on-rails game. I mean, they already have all the models, and the engine from RE4.

I'm curious how much more work it would be to make a not-on-rails game. I mean, they already have all the models, and the engine from RE4.

I agree, hopefully they may surprise us one day when they completely milk the on-rails side of it.

Are you kidding? :o It's not even funny anymore that every new game is on-rails now, or at least it feels so (I'm still bitter about Dead Space).

Apart from Dead Space, name another one.

If you mention any of the House of the Dead games, you fail.

Ghost Squad Wii

Link's Crossbow Training

MoH:H2 (Arcade Mode)

Although, the last one doesn't really count since its only an extra.

But if you add

Umbrella Chronicles

Dark-side Chronicles

Dead Space Extraction

House of The Dead 2 & 3

House of The Dead Overkill

No matter how good any of those are, the genre is getting quite a bit of support on the console, its just starting to get a bit tired.

Ghost Squad Wii

Link's Crossbow Training

MoH:H2 (Arcade Mode)

Although, the last one doesn't really count since its only an extra.

But if you add

Umbrella Chronicles

Dark-side Chronicles

Dead Space Extraction

House of The Dead 2 & 3

House of The Dead Overkill

No matter how good any of those are, the genre is getting quite a bit of support on the console, its just starting to get a bit tired.

Ghost squad - based on the arcade version (or is it the arcade version on a disc?) So, that can't be helped.

Link's Crossbow training was a small game used in conjunction with the zapper. It's small, and hasn't been talked about much since release...which was ages ago now. Not long after the release of the Wii.

Like you said, MOH:H2 doesn't count.

House of the dead has ALWAYS been an on-rail shooter, has it not? And, Overkill is what we got after 2&3, which sold pretty decently.

Darkside chronicles is a sequel, if you will, to Umbrella chronicles. It's not even that much different to the Resident Evil gun survivor series. Is it that much of a shock that we received a sequel, in the form of a rails-shooter, to the game which was an on-rails shooter?

The only two that have seemed to piss off gamers is Dead Space and Darkside Chronicles. To claim that every new game is an onrail shooter is...a bit daft, to be honest.

Edit: This might make it clearer.

Based on an arcade game

Ghost Squad

House of the Dead 2&3

So, the new games we've got:

New

Resident Evil - Umbrella + Darkside.

Link's Crossbow training (but if anyone really is complaining about that...then...welll)

House of the Dead Overkill.

Dead Space: Extraction

It's nowhere near as bad as anyone seems to make out.

The only ones yet to be released are Dead Space: Extraction and Darkside. Overkill is out now, Umbrella and Link's Crossbow Training have been out for a long, long time now. So, that's two or three games people are getting in a twist over.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Did the lickers get a redesign? They look a lot like the ones from RE5, except for the head.

Did the lickers get a redesign? They look a lot like the ones from RE5, except for the head.

Yeah it is the strong beta versions of Lickers from Re5 than the normal lickers.

Apart from Dead Space, name another one.

If you mention any of the House of the Dead games, you fail.

To be honest, I just think Capcom is going the cheap and easy way with making these games on-rails. The only RE-games made exclusively for Wii (UC and this) have been on-rails, and while I can understand why they decided to make UC on-rails, I really don't get it why they have to do the same thing here too. I think it's a limited gaming experience and after these games it makes it seem like Wii is only some secondary system for game developers like Capcom- (RE5 for 360 and PS3, and we get a very very nice looking game.. but on-rails.)

But this is a sequel to Umbrella Chrnociles...of course it has to be on-rails. And I LOVED Umbrella Chronicles so I aint too bothered!

But this is a sequel to Umbrella Chrnociles...of course it has to be on-rails. And I LOVED Umbrella Chronicles so I aint too bothered!

This looks awesome as well. And the first was at worst good and at best excellent. People just like whinging. If I was gonna start getting funny it will be over the prospect of us not getting MvsC2 not over us getting an exclusive RE game.

But does it make sense for them to use the RE5 lickers?
Guess what they are trying to do is add some continuity to the series.

People may never have played Resi 2 as it was years ago now, but they will have played Resi 5, then may play this and will be able to recognise the lickers.

So in a sense Capcom are forgetting the Resi 2 licker design ever existed and are just using this as the new Licker design across the whole series.

What actually seems to also be happening is that Capcom is forgetting the original Resi games more and more. They are gradually 'rewriting' the story so that it fits together better as a whole and also makes greater sense for those new to the series.

Because they obviously had no real idea of how to tell the 'fall of Umbrella' storyline, we got a rushed version in Umbrella Chronicles.

This game then had to shoe horn in this rediculous Sergei character into Resi 1 back at the mansion, and make it seem as though he was involved in more games in the series.

Darkside chronicles is now going to effectively rewrite Resi 2 [and probably CV somewhat], because Leon, Claire, Ada and Sherry are all meeting and teaming up throughout the game, which will then probably move on storywise into CV, and then on into Leons South American mission.

Unfortunately, soon in terms of story, we might aswell forget the orignal games altogether!

Guess what they are trying to do is add some continuity to the series.

People may never have played Resi 2 as it was years ago now, but they will have played Resi 5, then may play this and will be able to recognise the lickers.

So in a sense Capcom are forgetting the Resi 2 licker design ever existed and are just using this as the new Licker design across the whole series.

What actually seems to also be happening is that Capcom is forgetting the original Resi games more and more. They are gradually 'rewriting' the story so that it fits together better as a whole and also makes greater sense for those new to the series.

Because they obviously had no real idea of how to tell the 'fall of Umbrella' storyline, we got a rushed version in Umbrella Chronicles.

This game then had to shoe horn in this rediculous Sergei character into Resi 1 back at the mansion, and make it seem as though he was involved in more games in the series.

Darkside chronicles is now going to effectively rewrite Resi 2 [and probably CV somewhat], because Leon, Claire, Ada and Sherry are all meeting and teaming up throughout the game, which will then probably move on storywise into CV, and then on into Leons South American mission.

Unfortunately, soon in terms of story, we might aswell forget the orignal games altogether!

I don't mind them updating the graphics and slightly twaeking the enemy designs, as somethings obviously weren't possible back in the day. It's sad though that they're rewriting the whole story, as REs story line is one of the best in gaming.

Ghost squad - based on the arcade version (or is it the arcade version on a disc?) So, that can't be helped.

Link's Crossbow training was a small game used in conjunction with the zapper. It's small, and hasn't been talked about much since release...which was ages ago now. Not long after the release of the Wii.

Like you said, MOH:H2 doesn't count.

House of the dead has ALWAYS been an on-rail shooter, has it not? And, Overkill is what we got after 2&3, which sold pretty decently.

Darkside chronicles is a sequel, if you will, to Umbrella chronicles. It's not even that much different to the Resident Evil gun survivor series. Is it that much of a shock that we received a sequel, in the form of a rails-shooter, to the game which was an on-rails shooter?

The only two that have seemed to piss off gamers is Dead Space and Darkside Chronicles. To claim that every new game is an onrail shooter is...a bit daft, to be honest.

Edit: This might make it clearer.

Based on an arcade game

Ghost Squad

House of the Dead 2&3

So, the new games we've got:

New

Resident Evil - Umbrella + Darkside.

Link's Crossbow training (but if anyone really is complaining about that...then...welll)

House of the Dead Overkill.

Dead Space: Extraction

It's nowhere near as bad as anyone seems to make out.

The only ones yet to be released are Dead Space: Extraction and Darkside. Overkill is out now, Umbrella and Link's Crossbow Training have been out for a long, long time now. So, that's two or three games people are getting in a twist over.

to be fair. there really hasn't been a BAD on-rails either has there.

I didn't really like umbrella chronicles, its very playable but its boring.

I thought Umbrella Chronicles was good with a friend but otherwise S-ranking was too difficult.

It's too easy to make lightgun games now.