NEurope

Yeah the PS3 and 360 are getting Resi 2 REmake, funded by RE:TDC! [/joke *for now at least!*]

TBH, that seems quite likely at this point.

Yeah the PS3 and 360 are getting Resi 2 REmake, funded by RE:TDC! [/joke *for now at least!*]

In all fairness though, Capcom have been one of the bigger success stories on the 360 and I'm sure the money generated by likes of Dead Rising, Lost Planet and DMC4 covered the budget for Resi 5 which will in turn go on to fund other projects which may or may not include a Resi 2 remake.

What a bad comparison. The Wii is nothing compared to the 360 or ps3 in horsepower. The gamecube, xbox and ps2 are more or less the same. And the xbox didnt get resident evil 4 because the xbox bombed in japan.

How exactly is this a bad comparison? This is stating fact. The original Xbox was more powerful than the Cube and PS2, yet it didn't receive any Resident Evil titles last generation. As for the last part of your post...

As has the 360. Its only in the past few weeks its made headway in Japan. So, that also is a rubbish comparison.

Mr. Dakota has answered this pretty well. So, clearly the Japan factor has little to do with it.

Capcom has based this Resident Evil type of game around the Wii's controller, the input device. So, would they have done this anyway, regardless of the Wii's capabilities? That's the million dollar question.

There was very little difference between the GC and xbox though. The difference between the Wii and 360 is absolutely massive by comparism. I mean, it's gigantic.

It was quite little, so why didn't Capcom port the title over to the Xbox, at least? Given that they're a cash cow?

True, the difference is big now. But, in all fairness, no one is asking for Resident Evil 5 here. They are asking for a Resident Evil game in the style of 4. Now, given that 4 was ported over to the Wii, this is entirely possible. So, you don't need the capabilities of the 360 to achieve this.

I thought that was the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, concerning Shinji Mikami's departure from Capcom - he didn't literally cut his head off, he just resigned instead.

Unless I heard wrong...

That's pretty much it. But, I would have still have loved to see his actual - not metaphorical - head.

Anyway, like with Excitebots, I'm going to give this a fair chance. What's the point in writing off something before we get the chance to see what it can do?

Capcom has based this Resident Evil type of game around the Wii's controller, the input device. So, would they have done this anyway, regardless of the Wii's capabilities? That's the million dollar question.
Yes the pointer lends itself to a lightgun gun, but they also implemented it in Resi 4, so Resi on Wii didn't necessarily need to have taken the First Person route.

Anyways I agree it's too early to judge this yet.

this is true but would have the wii sold as well if the capabilities were different? If the graphics were on par with 360 and more expensive? doubtful.. Capcom i don't believe had any titles available for launch on the wii, that kinda shows they had very little faith in it at the beginning and even shortly afterwards bar a port of resident evil 4.

Point is I think capcom had a long term plan to settle for the ps3 and that was that. They're too stubborn to change now like most publishers.

It was quite little, so why didn't Capcom port the title over to the Xbox, at least? Given that they're a cash cow?

It is actually a mystery as to why the xbox didn't get resident evil 4.. I can only assume it's because by the time it was released for the ps2 the 360 was either out or well anounced so why bother.. the console was dead.And going by the difference between the ps2 and gamecube version it seems like a hard game to port.. it was very very much designed for the gamecubes strenthgs.

Anyway, like with Excitebots, I'm going to give this a fair chance. What's the point in writing off something before we get the chance to see what it can do?

Capcom TOTALLY brought this on themselves though. They said fans of resident evil CV would look forward to this.. why on earth would any fan of resident evil CV like this game? So they can relive the same story in a completly different genre?

at least with link's crossbow training nintendo didn't say something like" if you're a fan of legend of zelda twilight princess look forward to our upcoming announcement" hell they didn't even label it a zelda game in the end. Fans were not disappointed because they wern't expecting much.

This is what capcom did wrong.. I don't think anyone is denying the quality for what it is but then again as I said before.. It's very very hard to make a bad on-rails light gun game.

but overall the hate isn't too big for this one and I have seen barely any hate for excitebots other than this forum for some reason. I'm sure the game will end up being decent but i'm disappointed.

Yes the pointer lends itself to a lightgun gun, but they also implemented it in Resi 4, so Resi on Wii didn't necessarily need to have taken the First Person route.

Anyways I agree it's too early to judge this yet.

on-rails like it or not is a total lack of imagination for a wii game. It IS suited though don't get me wrong but it's basically the first thing you would have thought of with the wii. I do however find it amusing that thirs party developers toally follow each other like sheep.. in the last year there have been like 6 or 7 lightgun games but barely any in the first year.. not like they were hard to make...

The masters of lightgun namco are releasing all their lightgun franchises on all the wrong consoles though lol.. point blank on ds? time crises on 360/ps3? they serious?

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

Perhaps because by the time they got it up and running, it would haven't been released until after the release of the 360 (since the team would be handling both the PS2 and Xbox version) and they didn't see the point. That and the fact a good proportion of xbox owners would probably have had a PS2 or GC anyway so they could still buy it.

As for how the 360 got RE 5, well all I can suggest is that development started on the game straight after RE 4, before the Capcom knew the Nintendo's plan for the Wii and before all the issues Sony would have in producing their processor and blu-ray diodes.

With no machines to work with, it would all have been done on PC and the code is easily converted to the 360. Nintendo not being an option and Sony giving MS a year head start before seemingly going out of their way to help them strengthen their lead led to Capcom's decision to put it on both. Capcom's early success on the 360 also probably helped, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sweeteners offered to clinch the deal.

The masters of lightgun namco are releasing all their lightgun franchises on all the wrong consoles though lol.. point blank on ds? time crises on 360/ps3? they serious?

Wasn't the last Time Crisis universally panned though?

though I wouldn't be surprised if there were some sweeteners offered to clinch the deal.

Capcom, despite their recent comments have always had good successes in the West, so the argument of them using the 360 for a Western push is redundant. Pure speculation, but i believe Microsoft made some form of deal with Capcom- its absolutely clear that MS are desperate to reduce the Playstations exclusive, third party lineup.

The full scans look really lovely you know, see http://gonintendo.com/?p=75405.

I think this game will be more action oriented and hopefully have more story around it. Still prefer a full-blown 3rd person RE game like RE4, but Im very excited about this. Looking forward the first trailer to show up. Tomorrow perhaps?

looks at the scans.

1236859146-620.jpg

1236859146-651.jpg

1236859146-652.jpg

dare i say it looks pretty good: peace: not as good as re4 wii edition but certainly better than umbrella chronicles.

I also think its the only way to get a modern version of re2 and code veronica. Without the sloppy controlls that evryone hates.

I looks fantastic!!

Being able to see your partner on the screen adds a much greater feel to the game; gives it a more dynamic, action feel.

And OMG they've actually re-made the cutscene!! Leon ftw!!

Can't wait to see the trailer now!

Edited by Retro_Link

That does look pretty damn awesome actually, consider me hyped! :grin:

Also, I just had a thought.... RE2 had a giant moth, Code Veronica had moths, so we're going to probably be seeing them at some point. I'll probably die of a heart attack if I play this, great.... ¬¬

*Is freaked out by moths in real life. :red:*

:) For an early build that looks amazing! This has got me really hyped, I can't wait for the first trailer.

Is that your mate or YOU!?!

What if the game's like Code Veronica, where there are two modes, one on rails shooter and one full blown RE4 style !?!

Is that your mate or YOU!?!

What if the game's like Code Veronica, where there are two modes, one on rails shooter and one full blown RE4 style !?!

If you read the reports of the game:

- In single player mode, your partner can be seen on screen, whilst you are in first person.

- In multiplayer mode, you are both in First Person, with neither showing on screen.

Your in-game partner character, who, as detailed above, will now be shown on the screen in front of you, is a key to playing the game. It appears that you'll only see the partner character on the screen during single player mode, though. Two player mode will leave nothing but glass between you and your undead foes.

Thanks!

Does look good!

Though it still has something that bugged me from RE:UC, which is a sort of screen blur when you swing around or whatever, which leaves a trail behind the crosshair, and the enemies on screen etc... If it's an effect I don't like it, but maybe it's some sort of slowdown or something?

Also, just realised they're gonna have to re-write the events of RE2 in order to tie Leon and Claires missions together! Leon and Ada may have their own chapter I suppose, but I guess Leons gonna be there when Claire meets Sherry, because Claire and Sherry aren't going to be a chapter!

Anyways, it's Leon and Claire [Leon has the same awesome voice actor!], it's RE2, no doubt RE:CV, and all the extra stuff!...

I'm gonna be getting this!!

Capcom Announces Darkside Chronicles and Resident Evil Classics

Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced its plans for a big comeback of its multi-million-selling franchise, Resident Evil® to the Wii™ video game system this year. Resident Evil®: The Darkside Chronicles, the sequel to the highly successful Wii title Resident Evil®: The Umbrella Chronicles, is in development exclusively for the Wii and is set to hit North American retailers this winter. Capcom also introduced its plans for a new Resident Evil “Classics” line, which will bring the critically acclaimed Nintendo GameCube™ classics, Resident Evil® and Resident Evil® Zero exclusively to the Wii, allowing a whole new audience to experience the world of Resident Evil.

[. . .]

Capcom’s new Resident Evil “Classics” line will allow the new audience who has embraced the Wii to experience some of the greatest games in the Resident Evil franchise for the value price of $29.99. Both set to launch this year, the remake of Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero have been refitted to support the Wii Remote, giving the Wii audience easy access to the rich characters and in-depth storylines of the series and the chance to experience both games on a new platform.

Screens!

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_001.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_002.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_003.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_004.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_005.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_006.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_007.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_008.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_009.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_010.jpg_592.jpg

Edited by Dante

Disappointed it's not a RE4 type game but i will prob get this but not on launch. This & dead space extraction if they both turn out good will be my last lightgun games though.

Looks amazing plus first screens up here:

SS0002R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

SS0003R_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

These look SWEET!

Damn beaten to it by Dante! By mere seconds as well!

Edited by Retro_Link
deleted duplicate screens

Many of those screens are from pre-rendered cutscenes. Misleading marketing for the win.
No, the majority are in-game, as you can either see a crosshair, the only ones from cutscenes are...

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_007.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_008.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_009.jpg_592.jpg

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_010.jpg_592.jpg

So this 'classics' range, is basically just bringing the recent Japanese ports to the rest of the world under the the title of 'classics'? or something more?

I don't mind this as I've been thinking about buying REmake [and maybe 0] recently, so I'll prob just wait for these Wii versions.

Edited by Retro_Link

Looks alright- a bit angular, but still! :hehe: I'm looking forward to trying this new Chronicles game out more than I would have been if it were just another Resident Evil title.

resident-evil-dark-side-chronicles-1-wii_001.jpg_592.jpg

Honest to fuck, would it have killed them to slide Leon to the left and give me control of him?

Without the style and art of Overkill, this is just going to seem a rather generic zombie shooter.

Honest to fuck, would it have killed them to slide Leon to the left and give me control of him?
haha, I see your point! Would have been a short third person Resi mind!