NEurope

The game was perfectly set up for one, what with Chris and Claire flying off to destroy Umbrella, but we all know how that turned out!... it didn't!!... and enter RE:UC... *shakes angry fist*

When RE:CV ended I thought there would be an absolutely epic game to follow up on the story, where all the RE team [Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Barry, Carlos etc...] would get together and bring Umbrella to the ground. But it just wasn't to be! and instead the story was barely told!

I thought exactly the same which is why I was so disappointed with the story of Resident Evil 4. I wanted to take down Umbrella myself!

I think it'll be a RE4 style remake of RE2 or RECV. Which new graphics and over the shoulder. Personally, I'd love it to be RE2! Either way, it'll end up in my collection, I love Resident Evil.

Being the same as you I will buy it regardless as its an R Evil game but I would kill for a remake of Resident Evil 2 that looks and plays like Resident Evil 4:Wii edition.

I think it'll be a RE4 style remake of RE2 or RECV. Which new graphics and over the shoulder. Personally, I'd love it to be RE2! Either way, it'll end up in my collection, I love Resident Evil.
CV could work as a RE4 style remake because it has larger more open environments, but I can only see RE2 working in a RE1 style remake, because the game is largely just corridors, narrow streets, sewers etc... and wouldn't work in RE4 style.

RE:CV REmake could have an additional side story set after the game where Claire goes to rescue Steve [and can explain why she's not working with Chris in the Russian Umbrella Chronicles mission].

Either this or an RE2 REmake, I'd be VERY happy with!!

The great thing about 4 was not just the re-invention of how the game looked and controlled, but the complete overall of the enemies which lent itself to that set-up. A Resident Evil 2 in the style of RE4:WE may initially seem spectacular, but zombies would have to be faster, smarter and in greater numbers for it to actually be fun.

Kotaku is reporting that Capcom's marketing man, Matt Dahlgren, has mentioned something to do with Code Veronica will be announced on March 12th;

http://kotaku.com/5165889/wii-to-get-resident-evil-code-veronica-update

Any thoughts? I see it just being another port with motion controls tbh, like with RE Zero and 1. I hope it's something more though.

Fingers crossed that they'll run it on the RE4 engine. In other words, same game in every respect, EXCEPT the camera is behind your characters, and you can aim however you want. Perhaps with better character models and removed fog.

It IS possible, the surroundings allready are in 3D, there even was an unlockable first person mode.

Sure, more numerous zombies would be necessary, but hey, the Wii is a fair bit more powerful than the PS3/Dreamcast!

but hey, the Wii is a fair bit more powerful than the PS2/Dreamcast!

Fixed :) but yeah there is no reason why they can't make a decent new entry to the series on Wii from the ground up, even if it's just a side-story game.

but I can only see RE2 working in a RE1 style remake, because the game is largely just corridors, narrow streets, sewers etc... and wouldn't work in RE4 style.

As opposed to the narrow woodland paths, castle steps, underground caves and industrial walkways of Resident Evil 4. It'd work.

its almost garandeed that its not a port of re5, this due the extra development time (1,5 year) and i think it would be too little to late. By then the Wii2 or WiiHD is on the horizon.

Its fine with me if they would remake an older resident evil like re2,3 or even code veronica (or a spinoff of that title) but in this day and age its needs to be working with the over the sholder viewpoint.

Or else ot wont look stunning to the hardcore crouwd.

As opposed to the narrow woodland paths
which you don't have to stick too and are surrounded by moveable space...
castle steps,
which last about 2 seconds to get you between floors...
underground caves
which act as a 'safe zone' between the village and church, and otherwise contain large open mines for the fights...
and industrial walkways
can't really think of any industrial walkways other than the one leading to the radio tower, which is a 'safe zone'.
It'd work
It'd require a major redesign.

Surely you can see the major changes in design between RE2 and RE4?!!

RE 1,2,3 got their scares from small confined spaces.

RE 4,5 get theirs from open spaces, fast & numerous enemies that attact from all directions.

As opposed to the narrow woodland paths, castle steps, underground caves and industrial walkways of Resident Evil 4. It'd work.

Spot on! The whole of the military complex was tight.

Surely you can see the major changes in design between RE2 and RE4?!!

RE 1,2,3 got their scares from small confined spaces.

RE 4,5 get theirs from open spaces, fast & numerous enemies that attact from all directions.

Yeah, it simply wouldn't work

Besides, RE2 is good as it is, they don't need to make a pure action game out of it

The only old RE that I think could be remade into RE4-style is RE3...RE3 had plenty of zombies, the streets of racoon city and the most bad-ass stalker ever

But I don't understand why people want to see old RE games remade into RE4-style gameplay...It would change the "heart" of the game, and be completely unnececcary

But if we are lucky and this game doesn't turn out being UC2, then I think we all have RE4-gameplay awaiting us...Simply because the classic RE games don't really suit themselves to the Wii controller, and RE4 was a great hit on the Wii

But why won't it work? I don't understand. With the right team, right leadership, of course it'll work. Like most remakes, you can add, alter and re-envisage things- want speedier zombies? Crimson Heads. Want a more tense atmosphere? Reduce the ammo.

Rather than going out on a limb and saying it won't work, i'd rather keep an open mind.

But why won't it work? I don't understand. With the right team, right leadership, of course it'll work. Like most remakes, you can add, alter and re-envisage things- want speedier zombies? Crimson Heads. Want a more tense atmosphere? Reduce the ammo.

Rather than going out on a limb and saying it won't work, i'd rather keep an open mind.

You just need to watch a video of RE2 to understand that with the exception of the police station main hall, most of the environments are hallways and corridors, ladders and fire escapes, tunnels and sewers etc... yes there are some reasonably sized rooms, but overall it would be like spending the entire game in interconnecting ganado's houses or something.

You'd have to reinvisage near enough the whole game, but then it wouldn't be RE2!

Imagine a RE1 REmake in the style of Resi 4; opening up the entire mansion to suit the gameplay of Resi 4, it wouldn't be anything like the same game anymore!

That's why it would make more sense to give RE2 the same overhall as RE1 and leave Resi 4 gameplay to new games, and maybe Code Veronica.

You just need to watch a video of RE2 to understand that with the exception of the police station main hall, most of the environments are hallways and corridors, ladders and fire escapes, tunnels and sewers etc... yes there are some reasonably sized rooms, but overall it would be like spending the entire game in interconnecting ganado's houses or something.

You'd have to reinvisage near enough the whole game, but then it wouldn't be RE2!

Imagine a RE1 REmake in the style of Resi 4; opening up the entire mansion to suit the gameplay of Resi 4, it wouldn't be anything like the same game anymore!

That's why it would make more sense to give RE2 the same overhall as RE1 and leave Resi 4 gameplay to new games, and maybe Code Veronica.

oh you're totally right.. resident evil 2 in a 4 style is just bullshit.. they may as well make a completely new game ground up it would be far easier.

it;s not going to happen and Fans are very delusional with this point.. resident evil 2 DOESNT need to be remade like that.. However im all in favour of a reremake style..

however code veronica would be far easier to do at a stretch I would think

I think this may be a new game completely made from the resi 4 engine for wii because capcom know there is a big market for a resi game on the wii due to the sales of resi4. Personally I agree with the comments someone made about the remakes, I dont think they would work because the environments are part of the old game and the viewpoint worked for them. I love resi 4 viewpoint but I dont think resi 4 viewpoint in resi2 would work. Anyway I hope its a new game but I dont mind if it is code veronica as ive never played it.

It could be Resident Evil: Code Veronica 2......

If it starts where CV left off, say chris gets a radio transmission from Barry or Jill and has to go help them leaving claire to find leon.... or something like that >.>

Looks like its another UC game.

Rumour: Well, it looks like Famitsu may have blown the cover off of Capcom’s secret title. I won’t mark this as confirmed until I see proof for myself. This story should be updated later with proof via magazine pics/scans. All we can say is that Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles sounds like a sequel to Umbrella Chronicles.

Man the Wii just keeps getting shafted by developers.

People are getting a little bored of all the on rails shooters...

We don't know yet whether it's an on rails shooter. Dark Side Chronicles, while initially sounding like a sequel to UC, could well be a sequel or a new title in the series. We don't have much longer to wait but it does sound like a UC sequel which the Wii doesn't really need. I think the Wii has already got and is getting enough of the on rails genre.

edit: Well looks like it is definitely an on rails shooter.

http://kotaku.com/5167904/wii-getting-another-resident-evil-shooting-game

darkside_chronicles.jpg

The latest issue of Japanese game magazine Famitsu announces a new Resident Evil (AKA Biohazard in Japan) game for the Nintendo called Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles.

The Wii light gun game is a continuation of Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and set in the world of Resident Evil 2. Resident Evil 2 is set in fall 1998 as the resident of Racoon City are infected with the T-virus and turned into zombies. The game's release date and price have not yet been announced.

Rail shooter The Umbrella Chronicles was released in November 2007 and sold over a million copies worldwide.

Oh well.

Edited by Retro_Link
added info to post

And guess what? According to Capcom Japan's blog, they have simplified game from UC. Geez. And it is still outsourced to Cavia, a.k.a. "Chinese shithole for projects where costs, but not quality matters"

heart sinks.

Light gun games are all well and good, but we're getting too many. Whats wrong with new ideas?

Awwww buggeration, I just knew it'd be something like UC2. :( But at least we finally get to play through RE2 and CV, which is what people really wanted in the first UC, right? Though you'd better be working on a proper Remake of RE2 Capcom... *shakes fist.*

EDIT: Oh, and can a mod change the name of this thread, to "Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles" or something?

Edited by CoolFunkMan