NEurope

It was indeed shipped rather early. Infact, my copy of the game has just arrived! :grin: However, I have to do some quick shopping before I play it, so I won't be posting any impressions too soon. I'll deffinitely post some later though! ^^

Yup mines arrived too.

I'll just finish getting the star coins on this world on New Super Mario Bros Wii and then im off for some zombie killing action!

Well, I've had a few hours with Darkside Chronicles, and my verdict so far? Pretty damn' good!

First thing; it's huge fun! It plays really well and, whilst it's very similar to Umbrella Chronicles (which is fair enough, as it's an on-the-rails shooter), the upgraded features are excellent. The shaky cam isn't too annoying and I haven't suffered from motion sickness (yet), so I'm not against this addition. The whole game really does have a Blair Witch meets Resi feel to it, which I find great (but then, I did like that movie a lot.)

So far it seems like a great reimagining of the series. Some hardcore RE fans might not be appy with the changes made to the pacing of the story, but I'll accept it. After all, it's been adapted for co-op on-rails shooting. I've always seen the 'Chronicles' series as abridged versions of the Resi games anyway. Plus it's still really cheesy and hard to take seriously, but I guess that's a staple with the series, and it's one of the reasons why we all love it, right?

There's tons of unlockables too, I've hardly found any at the moment, even though I've been shooting the scenery like mad! The weapons upgrades will probably take forever too, as it costs tons for the upgrades. Multiple playthroughs are a must here. It doesn't seem like it'll be amazingly long as previews have said though; most levels have taken me around 10-15 minutes to complete, and I'm already just past the 3rd act of the RE2 scenario. Bear in mind that there's about 8 chapters per act, so there's still a decent chunk of play time.

It's not really a massive challange, a lot of the sections I've found easy so far, but it does throw in a few challenging moments. One boss in particular got my health quite low. However, green herbs around seem plentiful, and I was always able to continue without a restart. I'm on Normal btw.

Overall, it seems a worthy purchase, so far. I'll update my opinions as I continue through the game...

^ Thanks for the impressions! I'm definately gonna give this game a go at some point.

I think a few of the reviews have said there should be 10+ hrs of gameplay to the story.

Got mine today. I'm expecting some coop loving tomorrow evening after University. Do you miss anything if you do coop? Are the little cutscenes in the game still there and does it make it so really you are actually "playing" as one person, but with two pointers, like the first one did.

Got mine today. I'm expecting some coop loving tomorrow evening after University. Do you miss anything if you do coop? Are the little cutscenes in the game still there and does it make it so really you are actually "playing" as one person, but with two pointers, like the first one did.

From what I've heard, the only thing you miss is having the other character on-screen at certain intervals. However, I think there's still certain setpeices where one character gets into a bad situation (such as getting knocked down), and it's up to the other player to rescue them.

Don't quote me on that though, it's just what I've heard. I've yet to experience the game in co-op myself.

I've put a couple of hours into it and its great, definitely a step up from Umbrella Chronicles. The game is very polished in the visuals department and while I wasn't keen on the camera jumping around at first you do get used to it.

I loved setting foot back into the familiar surroundings of Raccoon City, especially when I was heading to the Police Station. When you got the option to go right or left at the entrance I chose left and went down the little tunnel as I was hoping they would throw Brad Vickers in there as a little easter egg, didn't happen. :(

I had a huge grin on my face just walking around the Police Station as it brought back great memories of playing Resident Evil 2, so much so I wasn't really watching what was going on and I jumped out of my skin when zombies tried to reach for me through the windows.

It was great fending off Mr. X near the roof of the building. Just like the good old days he took some bringing down but a shotgun to the head brought him to his knees. I hope that wasn't the last of him as he was a great stalker in the original. :)

I called it a day just as Leon saved Ada and I went off into the sewers. I assume I will be fighting the croc at some point down there. I wonder if the gas canister trick will work this time. :grin:

Im still not sure on what gun to upgrade. The only thing I have done so far is increased the strength of the pistol as I use that the most but when it comes to boss fights I usually switch between various weapons. What is everyone else upgrading first?

I've just finished the R Evil 2 section, good times indeed.

I wasn't keen on how they changed what happened to Ada but seeing as this isn't a true R Evil game I suppose it doesn't matter. She still did the reappearing trick from the original though and hands you the rocket launcher when fighting Mr. X! Classic!

He was a pretty tough boss fight for me. I died a few times trying to finish him off with the rocket launcher as he kept catching the thing and throwing it back at me. Eventually I fired it at the right time and he fell in a blaze of glory. I was hoping that was it as I unloaded just about all my ammo into him but then Birkin showed up on the train ( just like the 2nd scenarios in the original ) and it was another boss fight. Luckily the guy is a pushover and I beat him with my semi-upgraded pistol. :grin:

Now its back to hunt down Javier.

I finished the Code Veronica chapters earlier and although they totally altered sections of the story it was still a blast to play.

Some of the back and forth between Claire and Steve is quite funny and for some reason I found Steve more likable in this than I did in the original, shame he still kicks the bucket. :(

I really enjoyed the last level of this chapter as you get to fight against Steve and then straight after its a boss fight against Alexia. She isnt as cool as she was in the original ( staircase scene FTW + anyone who can make Wesker run away gets my vote ) but its still a great boss fight and the cinematics are all top notch.

When you finally get your hands on the Linear Launcher and fire a round off you have to wait for it to power back up, when its ready you get the beeping sound coming through the wiimote speaker. Its a nice little touch I thought.

I have about 5 chapters left to do on the Javier section. I still haven't found out whats going on with this part of the game but im eager to find out.

Do you fight Alexia in 'Queen Ant' form?

Yeah. You fight her in her normal ( well I say normal lol ) form, then her Queen form, then her flying form. Awesome!

Posting my short impressions of RE: DC:

- Graphics are simply amazing, and not just for wii standards. Only nagative thing are the jaggies but that more or less depends on your tv (type and size)

-Story untill now is pretty good, allot better that UC i must say. With UC i always had a feeling that the chapters didnt really fit in with each other. With DC you start with your first mission in south america (and then the second ofcourse) after that leon gets a flashback to re2 (play re2 levels).

- Gameplay, while they didnt change much. They accually pollished the controls this time arround. With UC there was a weird slight delay with your cursor, and that infact is gone, Its now really smooth. The game is allot more action packed, away with the shooting gallery gameplay. That has been replaced by a more active camera, some people find it annoying and others say that it amplfies the horror aspect (last option counts for me).

If anyone still has questions, dont hasitate.

(sorry for the gramatical errors, my first lenguage is dutch)

I can't grasp why this is getting worse reviews than Umbrella Chronicles. It's better in every way. I even prefer this to Dead Space. It looks great, the gameplay has tightened up from UC and it's the first time I can hear fear in Leon's voice. Ha, so the posterboy hasn't got icewater running through his veins after all. :p

The camera is wobbly, but only when you can shoot, not when you have to. It's got a great Blair itch-feel about it. It's really like being there. very cinematic indeed.

As for the storyline, it's not consistent with previous instalments, but hey, It's Resident Evil for crying out loud. It's not the compelling story that makes the zombies heads burst, right. And as said earlier, the graphics are amazing. And thank the heavens, they made the crosshair less bulky. Hooray!

A great lightgun-shooter, and the best on Wii IMO, with Dead Space a close second.

A great lightgun-shooter, and the best on Wii IMO, with Dead Space a close second.

Good to hear. I might need to take a look at this. Personally, I actually preferred HOTD:OK to Dead Space.

Well, I completed this now, got the true ending, unlocked the secret chapters and wached the alternate ending. Overall, it's a great game, deffinitely a lot better than the first. I wish there were some more side-missions, like the ones in Umbrella Chronicles with Wesker, but there's still enough to keep me going for a while!

I agree that the story in this is a lot better than UC too, the way it's paced makes it a lot more interesting than just having each section of the RE saga play out in order.

I got this game a few days ago and it's not bad. I do miss things from UC like the camera look function and silly things like shooting the umbrella symbol on the loading screen. I would have liked to see some extra side missions (1 player only) to unlock as in UC if your score was good enough as well. As much as the shaky hand cam tries to make it scary or make you sick, whichever, playing the game without another character next to you or talking on the screen all the time (ie alone) I think is more scary.

I had also hoped that this game might include some simple puzzles in the game like Sega's Ghost Squad which also was a rail shooter but had you doing things like defusing bombs. Something that made it a bit more than just another shooter.

Have been enjoying this game tremendously. So far, I've reached about 2/3 of the game. This game definitely is a better game than UC, which was a fine game to begin with.

I find the story a lot better. It's better connected and not as loose chapters as in UC. The graphics in DC have wowed me a few times. Especially when you get to the later chapters of the Javier mission. Simply amazing!

There's been a lot of talk about the shaky cam. To me, I think it adds to the experience rather than frustrate. When it's all moving around like crazy, you just dont need to shoot. Hold your fire and enjoy the scene. That's how I take it.

Can't wait to finish this game and unlock the secrets. I'll definitely be playing through this game a few times. Haven't tried co-op yet and need to get more gold to upgrade every weapon. My handgun is pretty decent now. Maxed out its power, now it can even handle bosses in most situations.

Having all said that, how I wish Capcom would have taken the Javier mission and made it a RE4 prequel. That would have made my day!

Just finished the game last night, including Chapters 6 & 7 of Operation Javier.

Enjoyed it alot. I liked how they started with the 1st chapter of OJ and then flashback to RE2 like Leon is telling a story which was a great way to make things feel glued together.

Loved reliving RE2, though there were still a few times when I thought "damn they changed this...WHY" like kendo... wish we could have still had a convo with him before he kicked the bucket and Ben too. Would have liked to see some sort of puzzle element in it to add more spice to the game, seeing as they were using RE2 I thought they'd use some of the classic puzzles in that. Also wish they used more rooms, especially the STARS office there was good potential for a nice cut-scene or FMV there.

The CV sections were good too, but there did feel to be a lot missing in it. Dissappointed they cut out Weskers scenes when he meets Claire (Ok that was CVX, but I find that more cannon than the original CV). Also the fight between Wesker and Alexia, I was waiting for that but it never came... same when Chris entered was waiting to bumo into Wesker and get an awesome cut-scene or FMV for that.

Was thinking maybe there would be some bonus missions for that but alas there's not which I find a great shame. Even just one or two, playing as Chris when he gets to Rockfort or as Wesker in Rockfort & Antartica.

Overall though still enjoyed the game, like chapter 6 & 7 of OJ hearing Krausers thoughts, would have been nice if they did that for all chapters though.

Trying to finish the Tofu mode, can get as far as the ally after Kendos Shop and die there. Damnit

Sorry to bump.

£20.00 in store at ASDA.

Not surprising. Was just reading this on Gonintendo.

- 3 weeks after launch in Europe, RE: DC sold just 16k, where RE:UC sold 140k

Worldwide sales of 26k supposedly. Oh boy!

My sister got me this for my b-day yesterday. Was £25 from GAME (pretty good price from them tbh!)

Not had a chance to play on it yet though.