NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

Photoshop being a bitch

So I just had a power cut while I was working, and if losing stuff in 3ds Max wasn't good enough, Photoshop has decided to start being a bitch.

Here are two screens to show what I mean:

photoshop_being_a_bitch.jpg

photoshop_being_a_bitch_part_2.jpg

I don't have a clue how to fix this sort of shit in Photoshop, and have never messed around with it before. I never got this kind of ugly brush, it was alwasy nice and smooth. I also never had any kind of spacing crap.

I've tried removing the spacing effect, but that just makes the brush nasty. I also can't seem to get rid of that crazy noise with the file which was open. I take it that file is just fucked now?

Cheers in advance.

Just had a little play around in PS to see if I could replicate it. Only thing I can say to check is the 'shape dynamics' which you have set on the brushes........and there check that the size jitter is at 0%.

Is this the same brush btw, and you've just increased the size, or is it a different brush. I'm guessing a different one though.

Just leaving the spacing at 25% for these brushes is standard (the soft fading out at edges brush), so again I say check the jitter settings. I also have smoothing ticked for those brushes as default as well.

Btw, is that CS4?....looks pretty nice interface wise (still using CS2 here).

That is CS4, it's a nice interface but a little demanding - I got a trial and I think, unless I was actually using it for photo editing as a photographer, I would stick with 3 even if it was free.

I couldn't figure out your brush problem though :/ you definitely have a default brush selected?

Well, my jitter options were already at 0% and in the end it was sorted by holding Shift, Ctrl and Alt at the start up to purge all settings I had. :(

But it is fixed, so.. :)

And yeah it's CS4, although it has only minor changes, the 3D support was improved quite a bit and I thought it could come in handy. Also it's 64bit so it takes advantage of my set-up a little bit better than CS3. Although the rest of the suite is CS3. Cheers for the help again, lads.

Sign in to follow this