NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

I made Goulash for the first time today!

1044425_10153148002570581_374578993_n.jpg

Really nice.

Although as my future brother in law noted, it didn't look quite as authentic as this; (7:45 onwards)

Edited by ReZourceman

Here's my ingredients for tonight's nosh (if I can be arsed to cook...)

600g chicken

150g chorizo

one MASSIVE onion

2 bullhorn peppers

350g mushrooms

boursin!

.. not sure what else to throw into the mix. I'll either be making a (stodgy) wrap-filla, or force it to meld with some linguine. Anyone got any suggestions?

I also have kidney beans, lentils, balsamic vinegar, cyder vinegar, cayenne, cumin, garam masala, bay leaves, oregano, basil, marjoram, parsley, coriander, pasatta, worcester sauce, veg-, beef-, chicken-stock... and vodka and ouzo. Anyone with suggestions before I enter the kitchen in 40 mins-ish?

Well screw all of your suggestions :P

Cooked up a CHICKEN SURPRISE and I have no idea how it tastes. I should've forsaken the boursin I think, and instead just stirred it in when it was all cold. Perhaps refocus and do a salad-based dish next time... I think I used too much cyder vinegar too, and in fact should've used balsamic vinegar instead (I opted to add the pasatta instead of any stock) BUT I fucking love bay leaves and that worked well. Fried chorizo is sooooo goooooood. I was full up after cooking just by the amount of buts I 'tasted' during cooking, but yeah will see how it tastes tomorrow.

I'll chalk it up as another failure, but eat it for lunch all week anyway :P

I am bad at suggestions. But I agree on Chorizo. Absolutely stunning.

I did a week of cooking "new" things (or simple things I've not done before). So I did Goulash, and really liked that. Beef with garlic potatoes which was okay but a bit boring,....then...I can't remember, and finally Mexican Beef Stew yesterday which I really liked too. (I don't always cook beef..lolz..)

1146579_10153162494155581_1765109259_n.jpg

Newest Bake

9OWheJO.jpg

znTljr2.jpg

BJHvqgM.jpg

PInata Cookies, Amazing..yet time consuming..but amazing

Jamie Oliver seems a bit hit and miss eh?

I saw that Emma and Dan had a delicious looking meal of his recently.

Conversely, I cooked his vegetable Korma yesterday and it was absolutely average as hell. Followed the recipe to the letter and yeah...garbage. I don't really like that his shows need a gimmick. Well 15 and 30 minute meals are a good idea (although, there is no way you can do them in that time), but this new save money one is very unrealistic - he claims that his versions of take aways are better etc, but this Korma was no way near take away level.

I did however have some success with making Macarons for the first time. I've always wanted to do this. I will focus on the negative though;

- I used regular Lurpak, not unsalted for the filling. Lurpak isn't that salty anyway, but the first bite is 5% curious, (however, the following bites seem fine/amazing, don't know if its something your mouth gets used to).

- The custardy type filling is a bit lumpy.

They are bloody fantastic though. Cannot wait to do them again now I have had a run through. Going to do Blood Orange and Salted Caramel flavours next time.

These are vanilla and custard tart flavour.

1231074_10153275806050581_1183585610_n.jpg

1011954_10153275806285581_1249807729_n.jpg

Not posted cake for a while. Just whipped this up whilst inspired by / made hungry by Great British Bake Off!

null_zpsa86b9de5.jpg

Gluten free cheesy loaf

1378108_10151618919346607_106473661_n.jpg

Recipe: 500g wheat/gluten free flour (I used Doves white flour blend) / 2 teaspoon yeast / 1 teaspoon salt / 2 tablespoon sugar / 2 eggs / 6 tablespoon oil (I used chilli olive oil) / 1 teaspoon vinegar / 100g cottage cheese (mashed up) / approx 210ml milk / half a white onion / teaspoon Bovril

Throw the cottage cheese into a measuring jug and mash it up, then fill the measuring tub up to 310ml with milk. (The recipe I used called for just 310ml milk, I put the cottage cheese in the measuring jug so i've got the same quantity of liquid and it doesn't mess up the consistency)

Crack the eggs into this mix and give em all a good stir. Pop that liquid into the breadmaker, then add the oil in.

Add in yeast, salt, sugar, vinegar.

Chop up onion finely, or grate. Add this and the Bovril.

Add the flour gradually and mix as you go. Even with a breadmaker its a good idea to nearly completely mix this. I find that my breadmaker doesn't cope that well with the density of GF dough, it just ends up spinning on the mixing paddle lol. I think I'd nearly be tempted to just mix it completely and set it on a cook only cycle... but I've yet to work out how to do that on my breadmaker I used a chopstick to mix as it gets into the corners and lets you mix it thoroughly. Liquid goes in first to ensure there are no pockets of flour at the bottom of the pan.

Gluten free pizza-muffins

1375149_10151619249816607_1130697628_n.jpg

wheat/gluten free flour (I used Doves white flour blend) / 2 teaspoon yeast / 1 teaspoon salt / 1 tablespoon sugar / 1 egg / 3 tablespoon oil (I used chilli olive oil) / 1/2 teaspoon vinegar / 310ml milk

Add all wet ingredients to a bowl, add all dry ingredients except flour. Mix well.

Gradually add flour (i did tablespoon at a time) until the dough is in one lump and no longer sticking to sides of the bowl. You can leave it to prove but gluten free dough really does nothing to be honest.

Roll out and cut circles (this takes a bit of playing with to get the right size) I use lots of flour and roll it out as finely as possible. My first batch were way too thick and there wasn't enough room for cheese etc.

put pizza cases into a muffin tray (no filling yet) in oven at 100 degrees until the dough is slightly cooked, should no longer be sticky to touch. Mine took about 15 minutes from cold, if that.

throw on tom puree, and cheese, and any other filling, stick oven up to 200 and cook until browned.

(Gluten dough version - normal flour, water, yeast, salt.)

Raining that food looks heavenly, can I comes live with you please? :3

I seriously need to get into cooking more, will make an effort to post more here, I really should seeing as I created this thread :p going to cook 'something' and post back here within the week, I don't know what yet though. :hmm:

I've been wanting to make pesto for a few years. Will have to put a pestle and mortar on my Christmas list.

So my friend is moving to Dublin next week and as a secret surprise leaving present his girlfriend has asked all his friends to write up one of their favourite recipes. Thought I'd share what I made at the weekend for him. :)

beefkoftarecipe_zpsc3270994.jpg

beefkoftapage2_zpsd0a3c1fe.jpg

The recipe was taken from one by Jamie Oliver.

Couldn't see Post Your Cooking thread on first two pages.

884456_10153451670395157_605272579_o.jpg

Not a great photos, but a whole roast pheasant, roast parsnip, broccoli, carrots and potatoes. With a bottle of Chardonnay.

The pheasant was less than £3. That's less than any decent meat from the supermarket. Organic and all that shit from the butchers.

Also I've drank the whole bottle of chardonnay, so apologies if this thread is less than coherent.

It looks good, it really does.

Did you cook the vegatables or did they come with the package?

Usually, with chicken, I buy chicken wings and put them with french fries for half an hour amd that's dinner done :p

It looks good, it really does.

Did you cook the vegatables or did they come with the package?

Usually, with chicken, I buy chicken wings and put them with french fries for half an hour amd that's dinner done :p

I cooked everything from scratch.

Unfortunately I forgot to season the vegetables, so took them back out after they were half roasted to season them.

Cooking thread is about 1/3rd of the way down Page 2 ;p

You just wanted to start a thread didn't you.

I have just prepared this

sl39sl.jpg

Banana bread with three swirled layers of Nutella throughout.

Going to eat this later after cooling...from the nibbles I've had...this is fucking epic stuff.

Edited by Sheikah

That sounds amazing....however I cannot see the image.

I made macarons

1392066_10153488830280581_1867172903_n.jpg

and burgers today.

7692_10153489873345581_443932920_n.jpg

1456555_10153489885795581_1909582295_n.jpg