NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

Ah! I got you. Well with the flatties there is sometimes confusion over ownership of bread -- I thought it was theirs and they thought it was mine (it was mine) so we both bought other loaves of bread while this one sat and disintegrated itself.

And none of you asked the other to get rid of it or do it yourself?

Lazy the kids these days... disgraceful.

It was in one of thsoe blue/white warburtons bags, so you can't actually see the bread when just dotting about :/

Was planning on maybe cooking something different today but then I spotted that there were eggs in the fridge that needed using up so...

2vjemmu.jpg

Scrambled eggs ftw! some people like them runnier but I like them just cooked and with a splash of milk, they also taste nice (and you get a different texture) if you use a small amount of cream instead of milk though. :smile:

If you ever buy a jar of chilis or dried tomatoes, try cooking eggs in the oil in the jar. Gives them a nice kick/smooth taste.

Omelettes are The Win, mind you. Use the oil and a few chopped bits of the fruit (gotta be PC there) and creamier cheese than cheddar and... mmmmmy GOD it's delish!

My speciality used to be a Toasted Omlette Sandwich. When I look back on it, it isn't any kind of speciality or skilled culinary ....skills...but hella tasty. W/ Bacon and Sausage obviously.

Not really cooking as such but damn it was tasty...

2q1ie5c.jpg

M&S meringue nest, Cornish dairy ice-cream, topped off with Askeys chocolate sauce (the type that goes solid when poured) it was good. :)

Anyone else got any favourite epic desserts?

Recently I have made:

Cheese and onion pie like thing. Mashed potatoes with some cheese and small bits of onion thrown in (with milk and butter of course), put into a tray and cheese sprinkled on top then cooked for about 15 mins. Then some veg with gravy at the bottom of a deep pie with the above on top.

Rhubarb crumble.

Both were yummy but neither have pictures as there were people there when I made them.

"Hey what you doing?"

"Taking a picture of my food."

Today it was Omlette for lunch...

2ef7055.jpg

Made with loads of leftover veg, bacon, onion and served with a side of Alfalfa Sprouts and Lettuce. :)

last night I made a vegetable pasta mix in tomato sauce. It was pretty good, but may have required more seasoning. Veg was excellent, though.

I just utterly failed at shortbread. It was doomed from the start, so many things that prevented it from working. Eventually gave up halfway through cooking as it was turning into a big mess and now im eating semi-cooked shortbread mix.

Wakey wakey, Eggs 'n bakey...

[/KillBill]

2ryt2ir.jpg

It's not real bacon but turkey bacon, the egg though I can assure you is genuine, I started to eat it with a knife and fork which I then quickly abandonned in favour of folding it into a sandwich and chomping down on it pro-style, it was nice. :)

Served with a side of Alfalfa Sprouts and Lettuce. :)

That just made me think of the scene from waiting where they do nasty shit to the customers food.

Black pepper is the way forward

Wow....you love pepper.

I do indeed ^^ Idk I just think if you're gonna season something you should do it properly lol I don't however spray salt over my food quite as liberally though.

Black pepper is the way forward

Truth spoken, right here. : peace:

----------------------------------------

Cheese on Toast (with Chilli and Pepper of course)

30v0q3a.jpg

It's a classic snack / meal and with good reason, cheese on toast is pro but I find it just that little bit better when topped with a little bit of Chilli and a substantial serving of Pepper :smile: also having a cheddar (or w/e other variant) Babybel afterwards is a nice way to finish it off.

I still say anything "on toast" isn't cooking :heh:

Well technically anything involving food and the application of heat is 'cooking' but I know what you mean lol I should get around to cooking some proper stuff for lunch at home now and then, I think my problem is that I cook at my place of work nearly every day so when I'm at home I tend to just go for something quick and uninvolved. :/

Hmm tomorrow though I may cook a basic rice dish or something. :)

Well technically anything involving food and the application of heat is 'cooking' but I know what you mean lol I should get around to cooking some proper stuff for lunch at home now and then, I think my problem is that I cook at my place of work nearly every day so when I'm at home I tend to just go for something quick and uninvolved. :/

Hmm tomorrow though I may cook a basic rice dish or something. :)

Same same! I keep forgetting that I have more than a toaster and microwave at home :heh:

Get into the habit of buying/eating things that are suitable for microwaving or toasting.. Tsk tsk!

also - Black pepper is epix. <3

Same same! I keep forgetting that I have more than a toaster and microwave at home :heh:

Get into the habit of buying/eating things that are suitable for microwaving or toasting.. Tsk tsk!

also - Black pepper is epix. <3

Yeah, it is a really easy habit to fall into, I totally blame my place of work >> lol more often than not I'll end up using the sandwich toaster or just having toast with 'something' on top.

I will cook something more 'proper' tomorrow though... maybe... seeing as it's my day off, I'll see how it goes though, but yeah added black pepper is always a must for me regardless of the dish as it's just so awesome. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

**Update**

I did decide to cook something proper today so here it is...

Epic Rice

ajrq5e.jpg

Main ingredients

1/2 pack of Uncle Bens microwavable Basmati Rice

1/2 a chopped Red Onion

1/2 pack of Quorn Fajita Strips

Method of Cooking

Prepare a frying pan of small or medium size, put some oil in and turn the hob/ring to a half heat setting; chop up the onion into strips and add them to the pan stirring them around for a few minutes until they are pretty much cooked.

Add the Quorn pieces and cook in a similar fashion to the onion, basically until they have browned up a bit, add some spices to it as well if you like.

Then add the rice and cook the whole mixture up for a further 3-5 minutes, basically until it's all piping hot, just remember to stir it well and you can't go wrong. :)

Finally just whack it in a bowl and enjoy! remembering to add as much of your favourite condiment or spice as you like; I chose to add some Chilli & Lime sauce and of course the mandatory black pepper. ^^

Incidentally the bread that I had with it (pictured above) I found out actually had pepper in the crust, I don't think I've had it before and it was bought by mistake but it was really nice. :grin:

Edited by S.C.G

Not strictly cooking, but behold the Princess Diana of the trifle world:

SP_A0083.jpg

Colours on the photo have come out a bit manky, but it looks good. Honestly. It's lime jelly with swiss roll instead of the normal sponge, lemon jelly, strawberry blancmange, custard and dream topping. It's going to be special.

Nice trifle Goaferboy, I'd never thought of using one of those swiss rolls instead of the sponge before, pro idea. : peace:

It's my nans method of trifle constructing. She always makes them with swiss rolls. I've evolved her recipe a bit, I always use lime jelly. Thought I'd add lemon jelly as well in a double layer jelly manouvre and see how it goes.

Epic Rice - really nice so I made it twice.

2py9q2b.jpg

Will definitely make this again sometime as both times it was delicious, I may try something different next time I cook something for lunch though.

Shoddy lighting but yeah I made a stuffed Aubergine last night. Tasty, aubergine, mozeralla, garlic, tomatoes, twas nice.

629e10df5845421a39e153d29c168c0b.png?direct

That looks really nice Cubechris :) I haven't had one of those in a while but they are indeed good.

------------------------------------------

Proper Pro Peppered Cheese on Toast

2071i8p.jpg

Yep, back to the old classic again, this time made with the last slices of that awesome pre-peppered loaf of bread - which was bought in error so might not be purchased again :/ - I'm surprised that it hadn't gone mouldy tbh as that loaf has been going for what seems like a week or so lol but then fresh bread always tends to last longer I guess, anyway t'was a nice way to finish off an epic loaf, Chilli + more pepper added for great justice! : peace: