NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

Inspired by the bake a cake in 5 mins thread started by Caris, I got to thinking, why don't we have a place to post all of our culinary creations?

Post anything food related that you've made recently in here, it could be what you had for a specific meal that turned out really nice, a cake that you made for someone or even some random concuction 'crafted' after having a few cans, whatever as long as it's something you cooked yourself basically.

I'll start the ball rolling with my second 'cup-cake' attempt that I made today...

2ljrzm9.jpg

It actually turned out like a proper cake this time, I just followed the instuctions 'almost' to the letter and remembered to line the cup with a small amount of butter so that it wouldn't stick and mixed it well, then when it was done I served it with Toffee Ice cream, it was good. :smile:

Over to you KNEE!

Sure it is! It involves a bit more than that. There's measuring, mixing, and...button pressing! :D

Hehe, what a coincidence, as I almost revived my old cooking thread this week to post a cupcake recipe. Guess I'll just post it in here now! =P

Will post it in spoiler tags as there's quite a few pictures going with it. X3

This is what we'll be making! Though mine didn't look anything like the one in the picture, but that's fine as they tasted great anyway. =P

Foto61.jpg

Ingredients for about 24 cupcakes:

• 115 gr pure chocolate, broken in pieces
  • about 1 tablespoon of water
  • 275 gr flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • half a teaspoon baking soda
  • tiny bit of salt
  • 300 gr brown sugar
  • 175 gr butter (room temperature)
  • 150 ml milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla-essence
  • 3 eggs

For the icing:

• 40 gr butter
  • 115 gr icing sugar
  • half a teaspoon of vanilla-essence
  • 1-2 tablespoons of milk

Foto63.jpg

Step 1:

Preheat the oven to 180°C. You can already grease up the baking plate (if you have one for cupcakes) and put in the paper holders, or just use holders like I did. But we didn't do this until last, so you don't have to do this yet.

Step 2:

First we'll make the icing. Put the butter in a bowl and make it soft (just use a wooden spoon).

Foto64-1.jpg

Now take the icing sugar and put it in bit by bit (stir in a bit, then when it's nicely mixed put in some more).

Foto66-1.jpg

Foto67-1.jpg

Now add in the vanilla-essence and then add in the milk bit by bit until you get a nice, smooth mixture.

Foto69.jpg

Step 3:

Put the chocolate in a pan, which you in turn put in a slightly bigger pan filled with water. Heat this (don't boil) to let the chocolate melt. Add in some water with the chocolate as well (about 1 tablespoon).

Take a bowl, and sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, the salt and the brown sugar.

Foto70-1.jpg

Add in the chocolate, butter, milk and vanilla-essence.

Step 4:

Grab a mixer and mix the ingredients until it's smooth. Turn it up to the highest setting and mix for 2 more minutes.

Foto71-1.jpg

Add in the eggs; after every egg, mix for another minute.

Foto73.jpg

If your mixture is nice and smooth, it's time to add it in the cupcake holders!

Foto75-1.jpg

Step 5:

Bake the cakes for about 20-25 minutes (took 25 minutes for mine).

Foto82.jpg

Take them out and let them cool down for about 10 minutes.

Foto76.jpg

Once they are cool enough, grab your icing and just spread it on top of the cupcakes with a knife.

Foto80.jpg

Et voilà! You should now have some pretty yummy cupcakes to feast on! =D

Hehe, what a coincidence, as I almost revived my old cooking thread this week to post a cupcake recipe. Guess I'll just post it in here now! =P

Will post it in spoiler tags as there's quite a few pictures going with it. X3

This is what we'll be making! Though mine didn't look anything like the one in the picture, but that's fine as they tasted great anyway. =P

Foto61.jpg

Ingredients for about 24 cupcakes:

• 115 gr pure chocolate, broken in pieces
  • about 1 tablespoon of water
  • 275 gr flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • half a teaspoon baking soda
  • tiny bit of salt
  • 300 gr brown sugar
  • 175 gr butter (room temperature)
  • 150 ml milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla-essence
  • 3 eggs

For the icing:

• 40 gr butter
  • 115 gr icing sugar
  • half a teaspoon of vanilla-essence
  • 1-2 tablespoons of milk

Foto63.jpg

Step 1:

Preheat the oven to 180°C. You can already grease up the baking plate (if you have one for cupcakes) and put in the paper holders, or just use holders like I did. But we didn't do this until last, so you don't have to do this yet.

Step 2:

First we'll make the icing. Put the butter in a bowl and make it soft (just use a wooden spoon).

Foto64-1.jpg

Now take the icing sugar and put it in bit by bit (stir in a bit, then when it's nicely mixed put in some more).

Foto66-1.jpg

Foto67-1.jpg

Now add in the vanilla-essence and then add in the milk bit by bit until you get a nice, smooth mixture.

Foto69.jpg

Step 3:

Put the chocolate in a pan, which you in turn put in a slightly bigger pan filled with water. Heat this (don't boil) to let the chocolate melt. Add in some water with the chocolate as well (about 1 tablespoon).

Take a bowl, and sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, the salt and the brown sugar.

Foto70-1.jpg

Add in the chocolate, butter, milk and vanilla-essence.

Step 4:

Grab a mixer and mix the ingredients until it's smooth. Turn it up to the highest setting and mix for 2 more minutes.

Foto71-1.jpg

Add in the eggs; after every egg, mix for another minute.

Foto73.jpg

If your mixture is nice and smooth, it's time to add it in the cupcake holders!

Foto75-1.jpg

Step 5:

Bake the cakes for about 20-25 minutes (took 25 minutes for mine).

Foto82.jpg

Take them out and let them cool down for about 10 minutes.

Foto76.jpg

Once they are cool enough, grab your icing and just spread it on top of the cupcakes with a knife.

Foto80.jpg

Et voilà! You should now have some pretty yummy cupcakes to feast on! =D

eenuh, you're awesome ... i think i'm in love with you.

dump flinky and come be with me and jamba instead. :laughing:

i wanna buy a big cupcake cook book i found at the kew gardens shop... jamba and i are going to the gardens on sunday so i think i might get it!!

eenuh, you're awesome ... i think i'm in love with you.

dump flinky and come be with me and jamba instead. :laughing:

i wanna buy a big cupcake cook book i found at the kew gardens shop... jamba and i are going to the gardens on sunday so i think i might get it!!

Haha, thanks! Though I'm not sure Jamba would really be happy with me being there... well maybe he would be, I don't know. =P

I've recently gotten into cooking and baking, and am really quite enjoying it actually! =D

I was also looking at cupcake cooking books to buy this week, they look so yummy! You should definitely get that book! And then post your yummy creations in here!

I'd like to bake more often (or rather, I'd like to eat the end products more often). Bit of a nuisance though because my housemate is alergic to wheat and dairy so its a lot of faffing around buuuuuut we did make this birthday cake:

n536116492_1759676_2964.jpg

Tasty great :D (even if it looks a bit gross because the chocolate was freshly melted)

Eenuh those cupcakes look awesome :)

This is my most favourite cake I've made.

k_ake.png

It was for a friend's birthday :D

That's absolutely amazing. I mean it looks like an actual wii-mote.

Don't be ridiculous, that IS a Wii mote. The cake is on the left.

Delia ain't got shit on me.

This is actually really nice, and really simple.

Mmmm toasted Cheese sandwich with a side of Chilli, Lime and pepper sauce...

9h5s2w.jpg

I know it's not exactly cooking but meh I'll do some 'proper' cooking in a few days maybe >> and I'll post some pics then. :)

Egg and bacon

n518191408_738323_3522.jpg

Pancake

n518191408_1428649_5376.jpg

Turkey and bacon thing that kinda looks like a zombie head

n518191408_561957_504.jpg

Mouldy Bread

n518191408_561951_1522.jpg

I'm not the best cook in teh world.

For the lols. Actually I don't even think it is a pancake, nor did I cook it...

Jayseven, you've destroyed the most sacred thing in this world: the fry-up.

I'm shocked man...not sure I can ever forgive you...

That looks hurrendous.....what do you have to do to eggs and bacon to make it look the fuck like that?!

I baked some bread at the weekend but unfortunately it died the death of being eaten.

You mentioned in the messy room/house topic you didn't leave your house like that kitchen picture Jay? Yet you didn't manage to uncover that colourful piece of bread?

C'maahn, don't bullshit us.

I personally don't see what's wrong with the egg n' bacon n' sausage picture :P I can tell you it came out tasty as fuck. The bacon is simply really cheap bacon and the eggs are simply cracked and cooked in any space available on the pan. They taste no different, so clearly you guys are just shallow mofos!

As for waht eevil is saying - I don't quite follow -- I didn't post any kitchen picture, BUT! This part-loaf of bread was kinda-on-purpose left on the side for, like, a month, so yeah.

The bacon is simply really cheap bacon and the eggs are simply cracked and cooked in any space available on the pan. They taste no different

This part-loaf of bread was kinda-on-purpose left on the side for, like, a month, so yeah.

S'true, cheap bacon and eggs often look like that when fried, nothing wrong with them though. :smile:

Also lol at the bread mouldage. :laughing:

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

As for waht eevil is saying - I don't quite follow -- I didn't post any kitchen picture, BUT! This part-loaf of bread was kinda-on-purpose left on the side for, like, a month, so yeah.

No no. I think it was someone else who posted a really bad looking kitchen [whether it was actually theirs wasn't said I think], but I remember you saying your kitchen/house was never that bad.

Tonight we made (free from) chocolate cornflower cakes!

They taste a lot better than this picture makes out:

1zganvb.jpg

Probably should have also taken a snap of the tasty (veggie) Spaghetti Bolognese I made earlier. Ah well.

No no. I think it was someone else who posted a really bad looking kitchen [whether it was actually theirs wasn't said I think], but I remember you saying your kitchen/house was never that bad.

Ah! I got you. Well with the flatties there is sometimes confusion over ownership of bread -- I thought it was theirs and they thought it was mine (it was mine) so we both bought other loaves of bread while this one sat and disintegrated itself.

Ah! I got you. Well with the flatties there is sometimes confusion over ownership of bread -- I thought it was theirs and they thought it was mine (it was mine) so we both bought other loaves of bread while this one sat and disintegrated itself.
That's funny, I seem to remember you saying "lol im gonna leave my bread here with my 10 month old cake and see what happens"

And that pancake is mine... it's a tortilla, it was never cooked and I drew the face!

Failpost.