NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

@Ashley These two things look delicious, do you have the recipes?

• Sweet potato katsu curry
  • Harissa chickpeas and sweet potato wedges

Recently discovered harissa and I love using it in my couscous dishes.

Yeah I only discovered harissa a few months ago and I'm using it more and more lately.

The chickpeas thing was this recipe as a base (and seems to have a weird overlay that's not loading properly at the moment): https://thefirstmess.com/2018/03/07/harissa-chickpea-bowl-vegan-recipe/

However with the following changes:

1. I used lemony Greek yoghurt rather than tahini as I don't like tahini
  2. The recipe instructs you how to make harissa. I just used some harissa I already had
  3. It says to use canned tomatoes and water, I just used the whole 400g of canned tomatoes and no water
  4. Swapped potatoes for sweet potatoes (preference thing)
  5. Swapped za'atar for Italian herbs as I have the latter but not the former

It's pretty easy to make as its essentially pop the potato wedges into the oven, cook the chickpeas in the tomato harissa and put it all on greens.

The sweet potato katsu curry was a cheat as the sauce was a flavour block I found that you just melt down. I've not tried it but Fearne Cotton does have a vegan katsu recipe (https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2019/1111/1090142-how-to-make-fearne-cottons-broccoli-katsu-curry/). 

7 minutes ago, Cube said:

How are the sweet potatoes in the Katsu Curry prepared?

Curious about that as well because that's what caught my eye in your picture. They look breaded or marinated or something.

And it looks you cook similar as I do haha. In the weekends we often make Yotam Ottolenghi dishes but he uses a lot of exotic ingredients. So we often substitute it with stuff that we think is pretty similar :grin:

Oh they're just deep fried. About an inch of oil boiled up and put it in on each side for a few minutes. Only 2 or 3 but you'll be able to tell by the colouring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got round to making this spiral tart I saw a while ago and have been wanting to try out. Prep took some time but it turned out well!

PXL-20210320-203907429.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

Finally got round to making this spiral tart I saw a while ago and have been wanting to try out. Prep took some time but it turned out well!

PXL-20210320-203907429.jpg

That looks gorgeous, and delicious! 

• Like 1

Figured I'd post an update with some recent stuff. Most of these from my recent 'cutting' diet (think only the bottom middle is from before as I've not had rice during it) which is low carb/fat and high in protein.

food.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Orzo with Courgette, Leek, Squash, Pine Nuts with Lemon Juice.

OrzowithVegetables.jpg.4672a60d9b582d55fc6f5840f7d9ee60.jpg

It's been a while so I thought I'd post an update.

food.jpg

From top-left to bottom-right:

1. Spiced chickpea and carrot salad
  2. Dark chocolate and salted caramel protein waffles
  3. Harissa-spiced cauliflower
  4. Persian stew
  5. Huevos Rancheros
  6. Ratatouille-stuffed aubergine

Finally off my shredding diet but most of these are from that diet still (i.e. low carb/fat, high protein). Only the two breakfasts in the middle are on my new bulking diet.

The harissa-spiced cauliflower was quiet nice on that diet because cooked long enough it was kind of like a pizza...kind of. In that the harissa tomato paste and soft cauliflower at least had the vibes. I went a bit overboard with the salad on the stuffed aubergine as you can't really see the actual aubergines!

The two breakfasts were good. PT recommended bagels and I was rather indifferent to them before but tried the raisin and cinnamon ones and they taste like hot cross buns! I ended up planning the waffles for a month as the diet end got pushed back two weeks and it did not disappoint. Will be making them again in the next few weeks but it is very much a Sunday breakfast.  

• Thanks 1

Click Clock Salad

IMG-20211017-173819.jpg%5B

Bear & Bird Roast

IMG-20211017-180456.jpg

Jiggy Biccies

IMG-20211017-183222.jpg

And Conga's Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

IMG-20211017-164550.jpg