NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

Haha, was only just coming here to find this thread to post my own meatballs form the other night :)

Anyway here's mine I made on Tuesday

meatball4_zpsqacgqkje.jpg

meatball3_zpsdezkzswt.jpg

meatball2_zpshqti442w.jpg

meatball1_zpszajwggiq.jpg

I had a few people over for dinner on Tuesday, by the time I had them cooked and served on the table and got my phone out to take a pic only 2 meatball bombs were left :)

Got the reciepe from here if anyone whats to give it a go themselves.... only thing I changed was I added chopped Cherry Tomatoes to the mince mix :)

http://beingmommy.com/bbq-bacon-meatball-recipe/

My first time ever making a Roast Chicken :D

I stuffed it with cherry tomatoes, thyme, garlic and a lemon. The lemon juices made the meat nice and moist and added a nice kick of flavor thoughout the whole chicken and even into the roast spuds I cooked on the same tray as the chicken from the juices during cooking

chicken_zpsh9sryi5o.jpg

Looks gooooooooooood.

I smashed a stir fry yesterday. My new cooker is so much better than the last one (despite being a LOT older).

Used cut up pork fillet which was the best decision ever. Everything was perfectly cooked. #GrowingCookingSkills

10982315_10155848370575581_662032926535832410_n.jpg?oh=9a7a522677688aa4dbdd2928f3d245dc&oe=560E41B7

I think sometimes the ugliest looking food tastes the best <3

11774469_10152887560541607_1646055800_n.jpg?oh=e1a537f0fb79df34f874c8fa6c0ad5ca&oe=55B5966D

mmm cake.

vanilla sponge, with strawb jam filling and a white chocolate buttercream icing

Edited by Raining_again
Automerged Doublepost

150XOE2.jpg

I made some enchiladas completely on my own (as in no pre-made sauces or anything like that). They turned out great.

11850748_10207690213439423_6066361006113186738_o.jpg

Home made Brownies with a hint of white chocolate.

@Jon Internet hubby, why aren't you my real hubby?

I made 'nana cake

11850882_10152926864881607_498567439_n.jpg?oh=c46b7629b5d47c00e54fda2c4ba14232&oe=55CE9CF7

Cause I can't be tamed :awesome:

I made salted caramel brownies at the weekend, they were awesome. :)

Yours look delicious @Jon!

I made my own sausage and egg McMuffins, because FUCK YOU MCDONALDS, I'LL EAT BREAKFAST WHENEVER I GOD DAMN WANT.

20151119_185813.jpg

I made my own sausage and egg McMuffins, because FUCK YOU MCDONALDS, I'LL EAT BREAKFAST WHENEVER I GOD DAMN WANT.

20151119_185813.jpg

I have to say.. they look pretty damn tasty from where I'm sitting :awesome:

Just resurrecting a thread with 3 years of no posting with the deliciousness of these Jammy Dodger Blondies I made tonight.

cBDuH1A.jpg

Who knew a Jammy Dodger could be improved upon.

• Thanks 1

Bit late to the party but @Goafer YSK if you ever want to do the same but vegetarian, Quorn fake sausage patties (find them in the frozen section) are damn near as good as the real thing for making mcmuffins at home.

33 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Bit late to the party but @Goafer YSK if you ever want to do the same but vegetarian, Quorn fake sausage patties (find them in the frozen section) are damn near as good as the real thing for making mcmuffins at home.

I was so confused when I was tagged in this thread!

Will definitely give that a go. I've been using Quorn instead of mince for ages, but found some of their other stuff to be lacking. Definitely happy to find more of their stuff that's good.

(Anticipates the "Real meat or GTFO" posts)

I used to quite enjoy Quorn as a kid. My aunt was a saleswoman for it early on so we used to have a freezer full of the stuff. Haven't touched it in years though, real meat or GTFO.

• Like 1

Time to bump the old Cooking thread again I reckon, seeing as its been nearly a year this time... :D

Here we go...

GingerBeef.thumb.JPG.efc02b486a98246730ad5ae88d3d9d9e.JPG

- - - Ginger Beef - - -

Beef marinated in Teriyaki with a good bit of extra ginger, with some black beans, broccoli, carrot (match-stick size), courgette (deseeded), chopped leek served with rice.

- - - Main Ingredients - - -

Beef         (one good size piece)
Black Beans  (one carton or can)
Broccoli     (a decent sized piece)
Carrots      (around four is ideal)
Courgette    (just the one)
Leek         (one should be fine)
Rice         (a third of a 1KG pack)

- - - Method of Cooking - - -

• Chop up the beef into small pieces
  • Place in a dish to marinade
  • Use a couple of tablespoons of soy sauce, a good amount of ginger, some garlic, salt and pepper
  • Mix the beef and the marinade together, then cover over and set aside
  • Chop up the carrots, place in a pre-heated pan, cook in butter and/or oil
  • Keep stirring until the carrots soften, you might need to add a bit of hot water and cover with a lid
  • Add in the top part of the leek first if you can, then add the rest of the leek in a few minutes after
  • De-seed the courgette (the seeds make it taste bitter) and add the courgette to the mix
  • Put the loosely chopped broccoli into the pan, add some more water if required, cover with lid and transfer to a gentler heat source (another hob)
  • In another pre-heated pan that has just a bit of oil in, add the marinated beef and stir continuously until the meat browns
  • Add in the black beans (once you've drained and rinsed them well) into the same pan as the beef
  • Bring some water to the boil in another pan and add the rice, cook for ten - twelve minutes
  • Drain the rice, take the meat off the heat once it looks cooked and the vegetables
  • Serve the rice into bowls first (quickly) then the vegetables with the beef and the black beans served last
  • Enjoy!

Looking back, I think my cooking has come on a bit since this thread started - still can't believe that's ten years ago now - but I help out with cooking stuff quite a bit generally.

I just had a rare Good Friday off work, so I figured it would be nice to cook everything from scratch and it ended up being a nice family meal. :peace:

With the amount cooked today, there should be enough for tomorrow as well, this is often a good way to cook if you can as the whole thing took around an hour with a bit of help.

If anyone else has any meals they'd like to share their method to on here, then feel free to use the same format as above - or make your own - and Post Your Cooking! :smile:

Or... just let the thread vanish for another year or more, I'm sure it will return again some day soon. ;)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

Time for another revival. 

I've just written my first ever recipe for something called Coxinha. 

https://djcube.co.uk/recipes/recipe-chicken-coxhina-with-salpicoa-salad-and-dips/

It's a Brazilian dish. It's sort of a ball of chicken flavour dough, with a roast chicken inside, breaded and deep fried. It was amazing. I paired it with a Salpicoa salad and a trio of dips.

6iojRrS.jpg

Z6x2IvD.jpg

With a truffle called Brigadeiros for dessert.

hK8hIpl.jpg

• Like 1

Mainly made because of Sleeping Dogs, steamed Pork Buns.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More baking goodies from me today.

Found a new recipe for my muffins and decided to try and make some Black forest styled ones. Used a vegan buttercream with a morello cherry jam to create the effect and they tasted so good. Photo doesn't really do them justice but they were very tasty.

And I'd been meaning to try baking bread at home after getting my hands on some yeast for making pretzels. Haven't made bread since I was a kid and even then, it went in a break making machine. Very impressed with how it turned out. Its soft and fluffy like a bloomer and tastes great heated up slightly with butter.

As far as non-baked goods go, I made this the other day as well.

A rather nice vegan cottage pie. Opted for a spiced sauce to give it a bit more flavour and it tasted so good. Shame about the horrendous bloat I got half an hour after finishing my portion, which was a third of that casserole dish (my partner had the other two portions, one for dinner and one for her work the next day).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made jackfruit and onion pie today and it turned out well. It bloated a bit as my pastry skills aren't great, but tasted good.

Having to photograph every meal and send it to my PT has at least encouraged me to try a bit harder!

• Thanks 1

On 31/07/2020 at 4:19 PM, Ganepark32 said:

More baking goodies from me today.

Found a new recipe for my muffins and decided to try and make some Black forest styled ones. Used a vegan buttercream with a morello cherry jam to create the effect and they tasted so good. Photo doesn't really do them justice but they were very tasty.

And I'd been meaning to try baking bread at home after getting my hands on some yeast for making pretzels. Haven't made bread since I was a kid and even then, it went in a break making machine. Very impressed with how it turned out. Its soft and fluffy like a bloomer and tastes great heated up slightly with butter.

As far as non-baked goods go, I made this the other day as well.

A rather nice vegan cottage pie. Opted for a spiced sauce to give it a bit more flavour and it tasted so good. Shame about the horrendous bloat I got half an hour after finishing my portion, which was a third of that casserole dish (my partner had the other two portions, one for dinner and one for her work the next day).

Have you managed to find a vegan cheese that doesn't taste like feet?