NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

I used to live in a dorm, so I'd usually overdose on batter, think "I'll just eat some cookies later when I'm craving sugar again!" and by then they'd all be gone.

But meh, the batter is the best part anyway. :p

I totally wish I had a few of those sponge cakes here with me now.

So, my attempt at Chinese fish-flavoured aubergine (which never contains fish, or fish flavouring!):

byyxk.jpg

It seemed to go okay for a first attempt - a bit dryer than I liked, and not as spicy, but the right kind of taste was there! I still have some pork left, so I might try it again soon.

@Supergrunch I went for a toad in the hole instead of a wellington last night simply because the pork wellington recipes I found suggested that I should season the pork and leave it overnight/several hours, which I didn't have. I also don't ever cook with decent cuts of meat so I pretty much need to go and talk to the butcher and make sure I do that right -- planning to do it next week. The old boy I cook for every week said that he likes salmon rissoles, so that'll be done next week too.

I also made gravy for the first time - bit too much butter used, and a bit too much red wine vinegar (in place of balsamic... no idea if THAT was the mistake), for it was very sharp, but it was complimented by all.

I also forgot to take a picture because I was rushing around so much.

Today I get to make home-made sausage rolls and cheese twists and maybesomethingelse for a birthday party's finger food. I sometimes have to punch a hole in the wall to regain the lost masculinity. That's another topic.

So, my attempt at Chinese fish-flavoured aubergine (which never contains fish, or fish flavouring!):

byyxk.jpg

It seemed to go okay for a first attempt - a bit dryer than I liked, and not as spicy, but the right kind of taste was there! I still have some pork left, so I might try it again soon.

Looks like you have the right ingredients, try using chilli bean sauce (good brand: Lee Kum Kee) :)

826E8C6A-5EFD-4197-AE52-225BDC178C0B-3316-000007BDCCC10C33.jpg

stoneware is freakin fabulous, even if it does add on to cooking time..

got the technique right and this is literally the nicest pizza i've ever had. crunchy on the bottom but lovely and dough-y on the inside =3

@ReZourceman - that cheesecake looks :o

I want I want.

When can I come for tea?!!

I have been baking myself this evening - for work tomorrow (just cupcakes - dead easy all done).

And also for my sisters birthday tomorrow! She's 28... lol.

But I have really struggled making a full size cake as stupid as it sounds. I used to have a recipe that worked perfectly for a victoria sponge but it's gone missing and I can't seem to get it right.

Second attempt is currently in the oven. Still don't think there is enough mix. :nono:

Fume haha.

I very much approve of baked cheescake!

Here's tonight's dinner - rib-eye steak with sautéed thyme potatoes and buttered asparagus:

q2fzr.jpg

Edited by Supergrunch

Cake time (as it's all I ever make).

Today I made small coffee sponges.

With coffee buttercream and a sweet coffee icing on top.

The problem I've always found with coffee cakes in general is they never really taste much like coffee :wtf: and they ALWAYS have walnuts in / on. ::shrug: WHY DAMN YOU?!

So I made my own - less the walnuts. And with lots of coffee!

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

I'm not sure why anyone would ever make anything other than cakes.

Well, okay, maybe other pastries.

Thanks Eddie!

I think that's kind of spot on - the 'simple' thing. I do like my baked goods to be simple!

When you see a nice looking cake and then check the ingredients and there's all sorts of rubbish in it (dried fruits, nuts, alcohol like rum etc), it tends to ruin it!

So I like to make my own as home baked usually tastes loooads nicer! And you can omit all that rubbish (unless the cake is centred around having those kind of ingredients in!).

The problem I've always found with coffee cakes in general is they never really taste much like coffee :wtf: and they ALWAYS have walnuts in / on. ::shrug: WHY DAMN YOU?!

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

Those look delicious! BTW, you're spot on. Hate it when they add nuts to coffee cake. WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?!

BTW: Made my first homemade Katsu Curry tonight, turned out pretty well! (Sorry there are no pics though, didn't even know this thread was here and it was too yummy to hold off eating!)

I think it might've been better if I placed the curry sauce below the breaded chicken though (having it absorb the sauce takes away from that nice crunchiness. Should've thought about that before mixing it together lol!)

I used to dislike walnuts, but I like them now, and Walnuts/coffee go so well together, and it adds a really nice texture.

Your sponges look amazing. You really are the sponge king. :)

I made....Bacon Double Che's yesterday.

543425_10152154053625581_1897249451_n.jpg

I used to dislike walnuts, but I like them now, and Walnuts/coffee go so well together, and it adds a really nice texture.

Your sponges look amazing. You really are the sponge king. :)

I made....Bacon Double Che's yesterday.

543425_10152154053625581_1897249451_n.jpg

Cheers Rez!

And oh my word those look immense! American styl-ee!

I think we need a N-Europe Come Dine With Me :heh:

Or a dinner party. Bagsy doing the dessert! :wink:

moar pizzza yess pls.

F58F3CB6-C553-412C-8B36-739371F19F67-642-000000EC5001A410.jpg

That is one godly looking pizza if ever I did see one... :bowdown:

... now I'm hungry, damnit! :p

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

They look so good

Think A recipe may be needed, been wanting to do coffee cake for ages, although I haven't baked since I started working so sad ;-; I need to bake more.

I made a pizza dough with onion. About a quarter of an onion really finely diced, rolled up in the dough. Fucking delish!! :)