NEurope
S.C.G

Post your Cooking!

Succumbed to sudden compulsion to make ratatouille:

DSC09789.jpg

The recipe I used serves 4 people, so I halved everything; the times and directions below are for enough to serve 2 people (since the recipe is basically just a picture of the ingredients). P.S. I have never actually had ratatouille before (haven't even watched the movie!) so I can't say how authentic this is...

Dice everything, and mince the garlic.

Stir frequently so that the bottom of the pot doesn't burn (if it does, add more oil)!

1. Start with high heat. Fry the onion in the oil until golden and soft.
  2. Add the eggplant + salt and pepper to taste, fry until tender-ish (5 - 8mins).
  3. Add garlic and courgette, fry for 3 - 5mins.
  4. Add the tomato, cover with lid (important, or else the juice won't be released) and bring to a boil.
  5. Cover and simmer on low heat for 18mins.

Serve with rice/bread/something.

So simple! And it cost €1.72 :)

Nice! And cheap! Does that price include the bread? :p

You make it too! We'll have a a battle of unauthentic ratatouille! And no :c

Note to Self: Don't enter this thread when you are a poor, hungry student who survives off cereal and coffee.

Oooh I forgot about the post your cooking thread!!

Looks looovely Eddie!

I would post my cooking from this evening, but beans on toast isn't the most interesting of foods to share!

Note to Self: Don't enter this thread when you are a poor, hungry student who survives off cereal and coffee.

cereal is actually really expensive compared to most food....!! get some nice seasonal veg and buy your stuff in bulk so it works out a lot cheaper! :)

(good stuff thread:)

I had the day off, so I got to[..] have a dinner of all of my favourite foods: instant ramen with enoki mushrooms, natto, and smoked salmon :hehe:

DSC09938.jpg

Looks nice Eddie :) minus the mushrooms - I have a dislike for them - still though Ramen = om nom nom.

btw what is 'natto'? [/curious]

mushrooms are win how could you :p

Everyone has at least one type of food that they don't like, this just happens to be mine...

... surely I can't be the only one who doesn't like them? :p

... surely I can't be the only one who doesn't like them? :p

I am also a mushroom hater. You're not alone :grin:

They are so amazing to cut though. I could chop them with knives all day.

Mushrooms are lovely! But I refuse to eat food with more than two colours in it so I would throw that on the ground :p

You also ate a Brunch before, which has at least 3 colours! Unless you threw that on the ground after I left :p

Man, poor Herojan. Here he tells us about his crippling OCD, and you just make fun of him. :sad:

For lunch, falafel pittas with cucumber, tomato, caramelised onion houmous and tzatziki.

f19d6ce7.jpg

For dinner, risotto with prawns, chorizo, asparagus, mushrooms, chilli and coriander.

53a5a3d3.jpg

For lunch, falafel pittas with cucumber, tomato, caramelised onion houmous and tzatziki.

Now try saying that with a mouth full of marbles.

Looks good, though without a massive lump of lemon-marinated chicken breast, I'ma have to pass.

f19d6ce7.jpg

TASTY! I made a falafel wrap too, made mine with lettuce, hummus, orange pepper and feta :awesome: .