NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Army Of Two Is Back!

Just seen this over on Kotaku and im very pleased as the first games co-op mode was outstanding IMO.

army_of_two_2.jpg

EA Montreal is expected to announce the sequel to Army of Two next week, a title that we understand is currently titled Army of Two: The Sequel. In preparation, EA has begun teasing the game.

The official Army of Two web site now has the splash image seen above, but little else. The site's meta content, however, features the description "The definitive third person co-op shooter is back" which would certainly imply a sequel. That is, if EA honestly feels that Army of Two was the definitive third person co-op shooter.

Perhaps the only other hint is the game's possible code name "ARMYOFTWOTFD" used on the site's tracking Javascript. That may be purely placeholder or simply code that's not indicative of the final name, but we like to think it is, if only to justify combing through Javascript with our work day.

Regardless, we're hoping that the Kotaku readership will generate winning backronyms on the "TFD" portion of the name, helping us wipe away our case of the Thursdays.

I'll start—Army of Two: Too Funky Dudes!! Yes, with the double exclamation point.

Looking forward to this :D the split screen co op was seriously good fun, even if there wasn't much more to it beyond that. Hopefully they can improve on the first titles flaws and offer a load of fun and depth :)

On the negative side, this means EA Montreal's secret game revelation isn't a new SSX game.... :(

I thought the first game sold badly and received nothing but low review scores?

Can I be the first to say 'uuuuuuugh'.

Hated the first game. Massive contrast in cut scene graphics and in game graphics pissed me off a lot. Many other things were bad with the game so I won't be expecting better with the sequel.

Hoping they put out another demo - the first one was good fun for a while. Me and thunderer could both see it getting stale and repetitive but while we played the demo we enjoyed it. Hopefully they'll introduce some new play elements and keep the button command sections fun and fresh when you use them.

The taunts had better still be good, too :D

It's not an amazingly well made game, and its aggro system fails pretty epicly, but it was a lot of fun for a sofa co-op game :) kind of like EDF... pick it up for fun and co-op, not for depth or sheer quality.

I remember EA saying in a press release it sold over 3 million copies in the end I think 0_o.

Wasn't a bad game in my opinion, even just the single player. Some nice tactical elements, good, solid shooting. Dont know why people whinged so much. Yeh, so the rage thing or whatever it was called was a bit crazy. It was good for tactics and flanking and such.

So very underated.

That's a pretty crappy trailer. But I still think there's a lot of fun to be had here :D

"Worst. Zoo. Ever." Ace :P

Sooo.... the graphics look worse than the first game and most of that trailer, if not all of it, seemed to be cutscenes so it's hard to say if there's any new... anything, really.

But gutsy to have planes going into buildings, I'd say.