NEurope
Hero-of-Time

A Boy And His Blob

I only clicked cos of the mystery factor to see what the game is. :heh:

Wasn't it on Gameboy? I played it on the GB but not the Nes.

Yeah there was a GB version.

Here's a vid for those who are too young to know what the hell us oldies are going on about :)

http://www.nintendopower.com - A Boy and His Blob is getting a remake on Wii a la Klonoa, but to much greater extent. All the visuals are 2D, almost like a simpler, more cartoony Muramasa.

The game is, needless to say, very pretty. It's being developed by WayForward, who just put out LIT on WiiWare.

NP240_BoyAndBlob.jpg

and you can play it online as a flash game.. the original in a emulator in your browser.. wont post link as it's probably a bit illegal

I'm 100% certain a Boy and his Blob was announced for the DS, and NGamer ran several previews on it. I can't remember it ever being released though.

Never played the original (when will it appear on VC?), but that one also looked great to me. This looks fantastic, so that's another € 50,- spent I guess.

I didn't own a NES until later into my life, and only have a few games for it. I grew up with the Master System, Megadrive and SNES. I picked up a NES when I was in high school (year 9-ish). So, I've yet to play this, but I have heard this title being mentioned plenty of times over the years.

Lovely art style. It's good to see games like this being created for the fans, whilst also giving new audiences a new experience. One to watch out for.

I remember playing the original way back when and I also remember hating it - though I don't quite recall why there was just something I found really frustrating about it.

Still, I can't deny this looks nice but good graphics don't make a game so I'm not jumping up and down over this just yet.

A 2D platformer? Nice. :)

Great to see the genre having a revival on home consoles.

A 2D platformer? Nice. :)

Great to see the genre having a revival on home consoles.

It looks more like Zack and Wiki than a platformer. I'm pretty sure the original was mainly a puzzler.

Some really nice 2D there but man I hope they're ready for crushingly disappointing sales. I don't see much of a market for a game like this sadly.

Not even heard of the original but it looks great. The art style reminds me of Eenuh's drawings actually :)

Not even heard of the original but it looks great. The art style reminds me of Eenuh's drawings actually :)

I thought exactly the same thing. I have one of her Tshirts of a boy whistling, reminded me of that

Yeah the art style looks really cool. :hehe: The original was more of a puzzly type game yeah. You were more concerned with feeding jellybeans to the blob to get him to transform into things more than anything else. Not really your running and jumping Mario-type game.

Some good stuff there, never owned the original version of the game but did play it a few times and thought it was good. Good re-vamped art stuff as well.

It looks more like Zack and Wiki than a platformer. I'm pretty sure the original was mainly a puzzler.

Yeah the art style looks really cool. :hehe: The original was more of a puzzly type game yeah. You were more concerned with feeding jellybeans to the blob to get him to transform into things more than anything else. Not really your running and jumping Mario-type game.

Well, I also love that genre. Definitely considering this.