NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

Family Ski & Snowboard

The original was a brilliant, quirky title not without flaws yet the sequel is looking brilliant. The graphics are actually excellent!

Video:

HERE

Whoa, that DOES look pretty class. The Mii's animation has a kind of stop-motion quality to it which is kinda cool. (The vid could have done with some music during the snowboarding bit, but I'm sure that will be added...)

the addition of miis in this seems out of place doesn't it ?

the graphics are very good and it looks fun

There were Miis in the original title. If you don't have Miis you can use pre determined anime characters which look pretty cool. Can't wait for this as I loved the original. Balance board support is back too (woot!) and (as Darksnowman said, it exuberates a certain charm.

This looks amazing, got a great review in Famitsu too. I never bought the original though always looked for it, but it was never cheap.

I'm definitely going to get this, anyone know when it's coming out over here?

From Gonintendo

Hudson must have been deep in development with We Ski and Snowboard for some time now. Hell, they must have been pretty much wrapping the sequel up by the time We Ski hit the market. The sequel is coming out pretty quickly after the original! If you’re a European, as well as a fan of the series, I have good news for you. We Ski and Snowboard (known as Family Ski and Snowboard to you) will be hitting the market sometime during February of 2009. No official date just yet, but I am sure that this title will make it’s announced launch month.

We Ski 2? Not Wii Ski 2? :)

God no! Did you not know Nintendo hold the rights to using the Wii name in their titles?! :p

I may get this instead of Shaun White: Snowboarding now..hopefully thats a good idea!

I did like We Ski/Family Ski but i found it rather confusing for some reason..it all seemed a bit too much going on..have to give that another bash!

Picked up this surprisingly decent game yesterday after hearing positive reviews about it, and needless to say I think they were right.

Initial thoughts from what I've played so far are great use of the Balance Board and the controls on the Wiimote & Nunchuck are pretty tight too. Graphically the game is pretty pleasing especially when you change the settings to Night.

The game is pretty accessible with a variety of different modes, challenges, tricks to pull off.

If your looking for a more down to earth game than Shaun White or SSX this is a decent enough title to pick up :)

Thoughts?

I'm interested in this game but I got Shaun White not so long ago.

The controls in Shaun White are great, but sounds like they are in this too.

I might get this sometime, it really goes look good!

Can you tell me about the multiplayer options? as I've never been quite sure how they work.

Are they races? [like Snowboard Kids, Mario Kart etc...], so first to the bottom of the course wins. Or is there not really a competitive aspect, but multiple players can just cruise down the mountain at the same time.

This is out already? Must keep an eye out for reviews, in the meantime keep your impressions coming, DazDude!
Yeah noticed it on the shelf in GAME yesterday.

Had a run through of the tutorial mode this afternoon, which is pretty helpful in teaching you how to do various tricks and movements and showing you what to press and when, After that I attempted a race and also did some downhill snowboarding on the really tall mountain which you can only get to by Helicopter, I then did a few tricks on my way down. I am really enjoying this game so far :)

I got this on Friday, love it, the last one was OK, but i never clicked with it, this one is more open and seems to have a LOT of secrets/easter eggs. Also, my niece and nephew went nuts for it, practically had to scrape my niece off the balance board after four hours.

Love Alt Angrio, there's some awesome routes down and you get some massive air (check the lingo!!!), but the resort has it's charm as well, especially the Kangaroo course which is just chock full of ramps, jumps, rails etc.

I've set up a blog on blogger for familyskiandsnowboard so if you find anything cool on the slopes PM or mail me and I'll put it up, looks like there's a lot in the game to find (haven't found a yeti yet, but there was one in the fist one somewhere)

If you find anything cool on the slopes or want to see what I'm finding, hop on over, I also do a UK based Nintendo podcast too which is on iTunes (the nintendo show) and I'll be covering Family Ski & Snowboard on the next one in a week or so time.

Enjoy the slopes!

best wishes

Jody

Really tempted by this, but haven't even got stuck into Shaun White yet. Anyone got both?

I got this on Friday...

I also do a UK based Nintendo podcast too which is on iTunes (the nintendo show)...

Jody

We are hoping to get this soon for N-E.

I specifically enjoyed the first title (as our review here showed.)

I've been following your podcast - good stuff with a nice length for the shows with some good humour.

Welcome to N-E. : peace:

Bought this yesterday. It's very calm, I couldn't try it with the balance board as I need some batteries so I'll try that tonight. I really like it, it's very open with no real goal. I spent a little time ski-ing around, went looking for some kid who was hiding and took a tour down a mountain. It really is peaceful, kinda reminds me of Endless Ocean, I don't know why.

Sign in to follow this