NEurope

A controls tutorial EA have put together...

Cool. Cynically I would say this would have been good to have released alongside the title or even in the tutorial mode itself but the controls DO work when you do what the EA guy was doing.

Better late than never I guess. Still, a great game and one of the best tennis games in years. After prolonged play this does shine in multiplayer and as much as I love singleplayer it could do with more modes in the future. I really hope we see a sequel as this is one of my favourite games on Wii.

Right, this is a bit of a mega-bump, so sorry for that. I've finally managed to purchase this and have been playing it for the past hour.

My initial impressions are that I fucking love it.

It's sweet, although there is a learning curve that I have spotted already. I played a singles match and lost badly to Lleyton Hewitt (I was Nadal), barely scoring any points along the way. I tried the practice court bit again and figured out what I needed to do to get the ball to accurately do what I wanted it to. Played a second game and lost narrowly. Some more practice court. By the third game, I had managed to beat Hewitt and only dropped one point along the way.

Out of curiosity, I tried this game without the MotionPlus after I had used the MotionPlus for a few games. It's just not the same, and definitely not as fun. I read somewhere ages ago that if you aim your Wiimote at the player after every shot, it "resets" the MotionPlus to neutral, making it easier to hit the next shot/stops the MotionPlus from becoming screwed up. I've been playing like that and it does work.

What I've found is that the game does move pretty fast in matches as opposed to the practice court, so there have been one or two occasions where I've not hit the shot that I've wanted to at the right time, but I'm getting better at planning ahead.

Definitely glad I've got this.

I absolutely loved this game when it came out, haven't playe it in years though. If you're ever up for an online game give us a shout.

I expect that I'll need some practice before then! But definitely, would be fun.

I wasn't sure how I'd find the art style, but it looks pretty lovely to me. Different, quite vibrant. I feel ashamed for not playing this much sooner.

My God this game seems like so long ago now, I'd completely forgotten it as a Wii game! *wondering whether it makes it into my Top 10*

I really enjoyed it. Great art style, full of charm, character and personality.

Motion controls worked well; though I'm still not sure the game actually works/controls as you think it does, I think there's a bit of deception in there somewhere and as a result I ended up not quite being convinced by it; but the game was a lot of fun.

I don't remember the learning curve, maybe there was, think I played as Hewitt, the little fighter!

The tour is a lot of fun, playing at all the Grand Slams! :D

My God this game seems like so long ago now, I'd completely forgotten it as a Wii game! *wondering whether it makes it into my Top 10*

I really enjoyed it. Great art style, full of charm, character and personality.

Motion controls worked well; though I'm still not sure the game actually works/controls as you think it does, I think there's a bit of deception in there somewhere and as a result I ended up not quite being convinced by it; but the game was a lot of fun.

I don't remember the learning curve, maybe there was, think I played as Hewitt, the little fighter!

The tour is a lot of fun, playing at all the Grand Slams! :D

I motion controls do work well. It definitely works better with the motion plus as opposed to without it, and it's better than anything else out there. I love drop shots and slicing the ball. :D

Just had an amazing match. Sharapova vs Henin. Best of 5. I got demolished in the first 6-2, but came back to win the next two 6-1, 6-2. Lost the fourth to a tiebreak and ended up winning the final game 6-2. Amazing match. I love the crowd sounds. :P

One thing, I wish you could alter the game options before you take part in a match, rather than have to do it from the game settings menu. For example, I've got it set to best of 5 sets, 6 games at the moment. But, I won't want to play that everytime, as it lasted me about an hour, or just over that. A small menu with game options beforehand, like they do in FIFA would have been brilliant.

But, otherwise, this is a special game. Love it.