NEurope

Cheers. :)

Your achievement in the world ranking is awesome though! :bowdown:

I'm 300-ish at the moment. But for some reason I keep getting matched up against people in the 5000-7000 area (I thought the game was supposed to give you similarly ranked opponents? :hmm:) so if I win the points are quite low and if I lose I take a major hit. :shakehead:

It does, well for me anyway.

I must have played all of the current top 10, with the only one I beat being the current No.1. 45 points max you can get for winning. Annoyingly he didn't want a rematch.

Edited by lostmario

Are you guys on easy?
On normal I think. Don't remember changing any option though, (apart from commentary to off :heh:) it's normal by default right?

By the way dazzy, I removed and then re-added you to my buddy list. Did you get my request?

It does, well for me anyway.

I must have played all of the current top 10, with the only one I beat being the current No.1. 45 points max you can get for winning.

Hmm... wonder what's up with my game then? :wtf:

Hmm... wonder what's up with my game then? :wtf:

Maybe you have to break the top 200 or 100 before it cuts out low players.

Come on guys, we need more N-E members in the top 100

Maybe you have to break the top 200 or 100 before it cuts out low players.

Come on guys, we need more N-E members in the top 100

I'm going to start my charge as soon as I hit 5 stars with my character!

Dazzy - I've invited you as a friend again, you haven't replied - is this because you can't see the request?

And yes, I'm on easy and that's the default setting so I'm sure you are too RedShell! I kept it like that intentionally anyway, I figure the quicker I can get to 5 stars the better.

I seem to be getting worse at this... Thought it might be more fun to play against real people online but currently have a 1-13 record...

Wow, I must be so bad at this :( Played one grand slam so far and I'm 1-5, and I'm on easy :( 2-7 in online matches.

There's quite a learning curve, Tales. My first year on the tour, i only managed to reach the 2nd round of rolland garros, all others were 1st round exits.

I thought normal was the default difficulty setting. When I first played GST last week I checked to see what difficulty it was set at and I'm sure it was normal, which I stuck with.

Judging by the learning curve I think it will take us quite some time to perfect our tennis. :heh:

Furthest I've gotten in any of the tournaments in Grand Slam mode is to the Quarter Finals in the US open and then the controller started playing up and stopped detecting anything. :nono: That's the best I've mustered so far. Got Wimbledon at the moment to play through and Nadal is my first round opponent so it's likely I'll be going out.

Haven't done much in the way of online. No ranked matches outside of the one Dazzybee set up against me, causing me to lose points and drop below the starting 500. I doubt I'll be competitive anyway so not really bothered about trying to charge up the leaderboards. The UK is doing pretty bad in terms of it's online standing as a whole. Last time I checked, the UK was down near the 30 mark with some strange countries beating it. Strange in the sense that you wouldn't think they be ahead of the UK in the online rankings.

Had almost given up on this game as I was loosing every online match, getting frustrated with the controls and couldnt even beat the CPU, but finally the controls 'clicked' with me last night. Feels very rewarding! As a result I won 2 out of 3 Grand Slam's on Medium, and the online rank is going up instead of down now, but it'll be a while before it's at a decent level.

Had almost given up on this game as I was loosing every online match, getting frustrated with the controls and couldnt even beat the CPU, but finally the controls 'clicked' with me last night. Feels very rewarding! As a result I won 2 out of 3 Grand Slam's on Medium, and the online rank is going up instead of down now, but it'll be a while before it's at a decent level.

Glad to hear that Welshie. When I played you the other night I could see that things weren't quite coming together for you, must feel good now its started to click into place. :hehe:

It's definitely about us being 'gamers' and having to re-adjust to the way it works. My mate who I play tennis with hates video games; but I let him play it and he nailed it straight away. Because he doesn't play games, he hasn't really played the Wii and isn't used to the flicking and waggling etc. He played the game like he plays tennis and had no problem with hitting the ball and directing it, he thought it was incredible.

I know when I get frustrated with the game, 99% of the time it's my fault

Haven't played the game yet, but surely it's difficult to play the game 'like you play tennis' and not have to slightly calm it down and semi-waggle when you've got the nunchuck attached?!

It's definitely about us being 'gamers' and having to re-adjust to the way it works. My mate who I play tennis with hates video games; but I let him play it and he nailed it straight away. Because he doesn't play games, he hasn't really played the Wii and isn't used to the flicking and waggling etc. He played the game like he plays tennis and had no problem with hitting the ball and directing it, he thought it was incredible.

I know when I get frustrated with the game, 99% of the time it's my fault

Yeah I gotta agree with him. I played tennis on Saturday and Sunday last weekend and when I came in to play GST after that it felt really natural. Then these other nights when I've been playing it I lapse into Wii Sports Tennis style flicking.

Just beat Sampras 3-0 to claim the Oz Open at my first try. Gonna try play some more career mode this evening and practise my groundstrokes against the CPU- the only thing I've really nailed so far is volleying, lol.

Haven't played the game yet, but surely it's difficult to play the game 'like you play tennis' and not have to slightly calm it down and semi-waggle when you've got the nunchuck attached?!

Don't worry, you don't have to be too extravagant- as long as you pronounce your swing a bit rather than just a quick flick. I'm yet to strain the cable connecting Wiimote and nunchuk.

Thing is though, I think I'd quite like to give it a full swing!

Do it. Promise I won't tell anybody...

PS I've not played for a few days (damn work); I'll play tonight when I get in and sort friend requests

Know the pre-tournament matches you do? Well I selected to do the lob and volley one to see what its like... raced into a 2-0 lead but ultimately lost in a tiebreaker- my computer controlled doubles partner was dumping everything in the net. Anyway, my point being that it effected my win-loss ratio and put my winning streak back to zero. :cry:

Just had to start the prolonged experience of getting a replacement for my MotionPlus with Nintendo Support because it's clearly faulty as it's rarely picking up shots on this now and is jittering all over the place when held still or lying face down. So no more Grand Slam Tennis for me for the foreseeable future or until Nintendo Support get back to me..

Ive just played my 1st match in a week as ive been working away and ive had that Motion+ WOW! moment that most of us wanted from the start.

I was Andy Murray vs Federa and it was a fantastic game with some bloody goods shots taking place.

Federa was in the lead by 2 games to 0, then I came back and eventually we ended up on Tie Break which Federa beat me 6-4.

I so love this game.

Do you sit or stand when playing? I have to sit and I was wondering if that's why I lose all the time. If I stand I will be about three feet away from the tv and look at a spot on the wall two feet above the tv. I could put two dozen books under the tv but sound like a pain in the ass if I want to play another game.

I stand

Standing and using the nunchuck is the way to play, so sais the world number 15!