NEurope

Yeah, I get really angry sometimes when my player doesn't swing or misses etc. I then replay what i did, and it was a classic wiimote flick - Darren. It. Does. Not. Work. You really have to swing, going to take time but god is it worth it.

Tapedeck: I have accepted :( I guess it screws over the person who SENT the request. Sort it out EA, it's really annoying! PS Good luck tomorrow!

Ganepark: Yeah, when you keep it still when it sorts itself out! But the guy made out it was after every swing! That's just a stupid stupid thing to say and would put many people off I'm sure

Had my first taste of online today and god was I impressed. It's great fun playing against other people especially when the matches are competitive. My character is still really weak as I've not completed a grand slam yet. But I still managed to win a good game online coming back from 2 games down and saving match point to win in the Tie Breaker.

Have to say though been experiencing some lag as the opponent seems miles from the ball but miraculously gets there, just when I think the point is won.

And yes, I came up against a Federer, and he just seemed to get to everything.

Really loving this game.

I thought M+ was included? It says it's sold seperatly on the box. I haven't played the game, going to after writing this, but do I need to play it properly? Is it difficult without I mean? I can buy one on Saturday. Combined it will cost me 75 punds :(

There are two different packs of the game, 1 with motionplus included, one without.

I havent played it without so can't help you there.

Guys, I'm thinking of picking this up. Would anyone recommend a cheap deal or a good place where they got this from? I've got a 10 quid HMV voucher, too, and it's going for 44/45 quid there, so would it be worth going there?

Another question is regarding the Motion Plus. The Gametrailers review of Tiger Wood's seems to suggest that the difference with Motion Plus is phenomenal. What comments would you make regarding it?

If I do pick this up, I think it may be next week or the end of the month, since I should hopefully be getting the deposit back from my house that I moved out of last month.

I imagine the difference to be less noticeable on this. Though I will say that the subtleties do come out and it feels amazing. It's EXTREMELY hard not to just flick the wiimote which results in some very frustrating moments, but when you really swing (particularly on the back hand) then it's great.

But...get it anyway! With motionplus. And I'd go with the 45 from HMV if you have a voucher!

I imagine the difference to be less noticeable on this. Though I will say that the subtleties do come out and it feels amazing. It's EXTREMELY hard not to just flick the wiimote which results in some very frustrating moments, but when you really swing (particularly on the back hand) then it's great.

But...get it anyway! With motionplus. And I'd go with the 45 from HMV if you have a voucher!

There's just something about this that catches my eye. It could be for the fact that I've watched tennis a fair bit over the last month, so it's getting me in the mood to play it on the Wii. I love WiiSports Tennis, but again the ability to control your character in this, and the subtleties as you say...it's really appealing.

I'm really tempted. Think I'm gonna go for it. It can be my evening fun to relieve the boredom of more applications. :)

Man, finding games would be much easier if everyone just used the online forum for it!

There's just something about this that catches my eye.

Ohlala. Get it in Flinky.

You know it's good when it's endorsed by such awesome guys like Dazzy, Darksnowman, Redshell and myself.

Seriously, get this sweet, sweet game! :yay:

Anyone else on the fence? With wOmbledon coming up on TV this is gonna be all I play!

wii.ea.love.022609-580px.jpg

Right I played this earlier and erm, it's alright. Though tbh, I think most people will be convinced of Wii M+ when Red Steel 2 comes out. I'd get Tiger Woods and try it out with WM+ but my living room isn't exactly...spacious.

Just "alright", crazy talk!

Has anyone else played much single player? The ai isn't amazing and online is a lot better but I'm just trying to level my character up before I start my online charge up the leaderboards. It takes forever though! Won 5/5 Grand Slams and still only three stars!

It's better than alright but not much. There are a lot of things holding it back. Just finished my review on it and it boiled down to me giving it a 7.7 which seems about right. It's not as amazing as some people here are making it out to be. I think they've got jaded eyes as a result of having something to use the Motion Plus. Don't take that as me saying it's bad, because it's not. But it's a starting point for EA to build from in what is bound to become a yearly update.

Ohlala. Get it in Flinky.

You know it's good when it's endorsed by such awesome guys like Dazzy, Darksnowman, Redshell and myself.

Yeah man, that's like the...

neseal.gif

:grin:

Anyway, I played some incredible games against random players just now, a few of which were real close shaves. One of them involved me coming back from 5-0 in a tiebreaker to win! It's matches like that when this game truly comes alive, like any tennis game, multiplayer be it off or online is definitely where it's at. :awesome:

I've also started using my own character now, got him rocking a nice red headband and retro wooden racquet. :heh:

How many stars strong is your own character RedShell?

I've played and won 6 Grand Slams now and have hit 3.5 stars... Just played for 3 hours straight, really want a 5 star character!

What determines when you get extra stars?

I'm on 1 star!

This game is better than alright. So much fun when playing against other people online and it will be fantastic for parties.

How many stars strong is your own character RedShell?

I've played and won 6 Grand Slams now and have hit 3.5 stars... Just played for 3 hours straight, really want a 5 star character!

Got to five stars this evening! :yay:

Here are my grand slam stats:

gstplayer.jpg

It's a shame the career mode gets a bit repetitive during the journey to improve your character though, you stop earning sponsor swag before fully upgrading too which makes winning the remaining games feel slightly less rewarding. :hmm:

Still, getting to beat Federer in practically every single final makes up for that. :D

What determines when you get extra stars?
It seemed to be pretty random, but usually happens during a match immediately after hitting a particularly excellent shot, smashes, aces, etc... :awesome:

Impressive RedShell. I havent played the grand slam mode much, been busy plotting world domination, was 19th in the World last time I checked.

Still, getting to beat Federer in practically every single final makes up for that. :D

Take it Nadal ain't making the finals then eh! :grin:

I'll post a shot of my career stats when I've finished, on 4 stars atm!

Currently have 65-1 wins with a 45 streak. Wow, seems that last star might take another 50 games!!! I really hope not!

Impressive RedShell. I havent played the grand slam mode much, been busy plotting world domination, was 19th in the World last time I checked.
Cheers. :)

Your achievement in the world ranking is awesome though! :bowdown:

I'm 300-ish at the moment. But for some reason I keep getting matched up against people in the 5000-7000 area (I thought the game was supposed to give you similarly ranked opponents? :hmm:) so if I win the points are quite low and if I lose I take a major hit. :shakehead

Take it Nadal ain't making the finals then eh! :grin:
Blatantly not as many as he should be, there must have been someone like you working on this game at EA. :laughing: