NEurope

Here's a question you WM+ owners could answer..

Can you leave WM+ plugged in, as well as a nunchuck for non WM+ games like Zelda or Mario Galaxy?

Yes you can! :)

Yes you can! :)

Sweet! Cheers bud.

I must say after reading about all the fun you guys are having online I am becoming tempted by this I just hope by the time I get it (next month maybe) there will still be a strong community on here.

This game is really good!

If you hold the wii-mote like you would when you play tennis, ie in front of you (before you take a shot), there seems to be far less glitches.

EA really put in a lot of effort into the presentation, if anyone's been to any of the Grand Slams you'd notice they've even put in the grounds perfectly! Also the amount of detail put into the players; the graphics may not be the best but they got the looks spot on. Especially Nadal, right down to the grunt and short picking!
Yeah the presentation is top-notch, I was a fan of the art direction prior to playing the game. But it's even better experiencing it first-hand, screens/vids on the internet don't really do it justice.

As nice as the presentation is though, there are certainly a few areas that could do with improvement. If I could make suggestions to EA, they would be...

• Try to improve some of the character designs:
    Sure most of them are great, but some (mainly among the female players) are pretty poor. And definitely bad enough that you can't really tell who they're supposed to be. ::shrug:

• Add movement to the ball boys/girls and line judges:
    A minor thing in a tennis game (like the crowd) but it'd still be nice if they at least showed some signs of life, be it watching the movement of the ball or running in to collect shots that hit the net. And the line judges should really move out of the way of the ball, rather than stand there like statues. :heh:

• Sort the commentary out:
    This one needs the most work by far. Pat Cash needs a colleague for a start, not to mention a hell of a lot more phrases.
    Oh- and absolutely no lines about how it's like a video game! :shakehead

But other than those points, I think that EA have done a fantastic job. icon14.gif

Really shows how Wii development works so much better when tailored specifically to the system too, rather than trying to shoehorn in a realistic style.

Personally, how I see it is that the character models are of a good quality but everything else leaves a lot to be desired. Clearly, this is set up to be the forebearer for a potential franchise and so it's likely that most of the graphical presentation will get an overhaul in subsequent titles to sort out the problems but there are some really bad graphics, like the crowd and the background art for the courts.

So I'm at a mates watching him play this and then we notice something... he's playing but there's no ball in the game! He's having to follow the trail the ball leaves when hit to follow the play! Hilarious!

It was nothing a restart didn't fix though!

Just found these on my PC:

nadalb.jpg fed.jpg

I made them ages ago, back when we discovered Murray was the cover star for the UK version of the game, remember Steve? ;)

Anyway, I imagine most people have changed their tune towards Murry now :heh: but if not, feel free to click on the covers above for the high res versions. Then it's just a case of printing / cutting it out and Bob's your uncle! Instant slip over front cover for you copy of GST.

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

These buddy requests are doing my head in, both dazzy and redshell still not showing up.

Anyone wanna game, dazzy, darksnowman?

I just said yeah in the other thread :)

I've resent you a request. Accept it and we should be good to go :)

Only Japjer, RedShell and you aren't showing up now!

*cry*

Alrighty.. I have a question.. Can my gf and I play doubles from my house, against other people online? I'm not a big fan of playing against her in games, shes good at games but is no match for my 20 years of button mashing experience :P So we definately have alot more fun playing co-op games...

Alrighty.. I have a question.. Can my gf and I play doubles from my house, against other people online? I'm not a big fan of playing against her in games, shes good at games but is no match for my 20 years of button mashing experience :P So we definately have alot more fun playing co-op games...

Yes, yes you can. :yay:

Should have it tomorrow.

How long does the matches last? In VT it is best of three games but in the online thread it looks like you play full sets and matches.

Should have it tomorrow.

How long does the matches last? In VT it is best of three games but in the online thread it looks like you play full sets and matches.

You can tinker with the options for offline to have as few or as many games/sets as possible (up to 6).

However, I've only seen online games consisting of one-set affairs with a best-of-three games form.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I've only played random people and not friends online - which may allow for more game options.

The offline options are also available for friend matches. You can even choose if you want it to be a ranked match or not.

RedShell... that one on the right... so good. :heart:
You don't know how tempted I was to edit my post just now. :laughing:

These buddy requests are doing my head in, both dazzy and redshell still not showing up.
I dunno what's up then. I checked last night after you mentioned it and you're definitely showing up on my roster, dazzybee is too.

Should I remove you and re-add? ::shrug:

*cry*

Huh? :blank:

Should I remove you and re-add? ::shrug:

Please do, did the same with Dazzy and were both showing up now.

I want to play a 5 setter with you sometime.

That is absolute BULLSHIT!!!! It doesn't re-calibrate after every stroke!

Just beat the current world number 1, 45 points gained, thankyou very much!

Currently world number 24. I am loving this game, so much better than I thought it would be.

That is absolute BULLSHIT!!!! It doesn't re-calibrate after every stroke!

agreed but returning to a neutral position (or starting with one) is basically tennis basics which makes this über realistic and unsurprisingly makes things MUCH easier. anyway EA's online system is doing my tits in Dazzy - says u need to accept me still (amongst others) who say they HAVE accepted my request. gah!

need to improve my created character as everyone online mains as Federer and this makes it very hard to beat the decent players. maybe I'll have to play as fedsie. Hmmm.

@ Dazzybee - it does and it doesn't re-calibrate after every stroke. If you hold it still back in the neutral position then it will re-calibrate but if you keep it moving, then it won't. It is best to return it to the neutral position and let it re-calibrate before your next stroke so that it reads the movement properly. The device doesn't need to do it but the game sometimes needs it to be done.

I wasn't to impressed at first with wiimotion plus; but now I realise I was trying to waggle my way through it again. I don't say you have to be stand up to play it; but now it really helps alot if you do the real moves.

It just gets better and better; can't wait for some real action/adventure games to use this.

I realise I was trying to waggle my way through it again.

Tell me about it! I lapse into waggle-mode so much with GST. :blank:

I'm the same. :heh: Though I can't seem to serve without waggling. It was easy enough in Wii Sports... I'm probably still not holding it right.