NEurope

Yeah I wasn't sure of the character model at first, but that's because I'm so used to seeing him the way he is now, at Wimbledon every year and in all those charity tournaments and stuff he does.

It's good as a 'classic' McEnroe...

You are such a noob. He's easily recognisable! :heh: What about Borg, eh?

I wonder who else is going to be in the game, would be so awesome if they put Mansour Bahrami in it:

:laughing:

So true. Bahrami... the man is nothing short of a genius. If they were to add him in (which is probably unlikely :() then they should also put Henri Leconte in too!

You are such a noob. He's easily recognisable! :heh: What about Borg, eh?
Oh no I knew he looked like that... with his huge curly 'frow!

It's just I don't think the character models quite captured the awesomeness of it, and his character. But it's good enough.

Looking good!

Though I hope they tone the racket sounds down a bit! It's like someone playing a knackered piano or something!

Looks pretty cool in that vid. I liked seeing more courts and players! I agree that the sound effects seem a bit weird, I was trying to figure out why and it seems to be like that for classic players who would be using wooden rackets.

Game looks amazing. And with Virtua tennis sounding great too we may have a difficult decision on our hands!

Really hope they both absolutely nail the controls!

Really liking those screenshots of Flushing Meadows! Serena (I guess...?) looks a bit wonky but Federer and Mac look great. I saw the boxart for Grandslam Tennis the other day, has an old skool vibe to it:

51a3VuRy8nL.jpg

Here's what Serena has to say about being on the cover:

“It’s very exciting to be on the cover of EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis. This game not only shows EA’s enthusiasm for tennis but for also women’s tennis,” said Williams. “I know from experience how tough and gratifying it is to win all four Grand Slams so I hope people will enjoy the Grand Slam experience that is offered in this game.”

EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis is being developed under the EA SPORTS brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C. Designed first for the Wii™, it ships to North American retailers on June 15th, one day earlier than the previously announced ship date. Worldwide it ships on June 26th with the exception of the United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Spain and Australia, where it ships on June 12th.

And a June 12th release...!

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 9, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that tennis stars John McEnroe, Roger Federer and Serena Williams will be the North American* cover athletes for its new tennis franchise, EA SPORTS™ Grand Slam® Tennis. Eight different regional player partnerships will be announced soon. McEnroe, one of the sport’s most recognizable figures, was recently confirmed as exclusive to the game. Federer and Williams are among the biggest names in tennis and the most accomplished; having won 23 Grand Slam singles titles between them. Williams becomes the first woman to grace the cover of an EA SPORTS simulation product.

“It’s very exciting to be on the cover of EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis. This game not only shows EA’s enthusiasm for tennis but for also women’s tennis,” said Williams. “I know from experience how tough and gratifying it is to win all four Grand Slams so I hope people will enjoy the Grand Slam experience that is offered in this game.”

EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis is being developed under the EA SPORTS brand by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C. Designed first for the Wii™, it ships to North American retailers on June 15th, one day earlier than the previously announced ship date. Worldwide it ships on June 26th with the exception of the United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Spain and Australia, where it ships on June 12th.

This fall, EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis will also be served up for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. With stunning realism, it will feature innovative control systems and robust online** capability. Classic matches from the past will be recreated, along with simulated dream match-ups that weren’t possible before.

EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii has been rated “E” by the ESRB and “3+” by PEGI, and has an MSRP of $49.95 USD in North America. For more information, log onto http://www.easports.com/tennis. Media can find screenshots and video of the game at http://info.ea.com.

Top-selling titles and franchises from EA SPORTS include Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL®, NBA LIVE, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® and NASCAR® racing.

I hope this game will be huge!

Either way surely the Wii version will eclipse all the other console versions!

Really like the boxart, though I'm a bit surprised they gave Mac centre stage, despite being the legend that he is!

Really looking forward to this!

Can't believe no one pulled me up on this erreur lapsus.

Really liking those screenshots of Flushing Meadows!

I've the Federer picture on my phone and as my wallpaper at the mo. Got a text earlier and like a bolt from the blue, I realised... Kia (the car that cares) as well as the Australian Open logo in the background meant those screenshots are obviously NOT of Flushing Meadows. :blush: Make that Blushing Meadows for me now.

(Fair enough that Mac is at the US Open, but that doesn't excuse anything.)

Just a quick heads-up..if you go on game.co.uk and preorder this game, you'll get it for £29.99, they haven't updated the site yet so they think the game is seperate, when in fact it comes with a wii motion plus! So for that price, it's well worth it! : peace:

When they update the price and info, you still get it for £29.99! so be quick!

Just a quick heads-up..if you go on game.co.uk and preorder this game, you'll get it for £29.99, they haven't updated the site yet so they think the game is seperate, when in fact it comes with a wii motion plus! So for that price, it's well worth it! : peace:

When they update the price and info, you still get it for £29.99! so be quick!

It's £29.99 on Play.com too, I bet though that both sites will created a seperate listing... one for with Wii motion plus and one for without. :heh:

It's £29.99 on Play.com too, I bet though that both sites will created a seperate listing... one for with Wii motion plus and one for without. :heh:

Thats what i first thought but in UK/Europe we aren't getting it seperate! So we could be in luck!

I dunno, I posted this in the Wii General Discussion, about EA's plans for the device:

EA has confirmed that future sports titles for Wii will be bundled with MotionPlus as an optional extra.

Those who haven't gotten the attachment can buy it as part of compatible EA Sports games when they ship later this year - a limited time offer to try and get as many of the units in homes as possible. It'll go on sale for an RRP of £49.99 in the UK, $59.99 in North America.

I think we will get bundles, £29.99 for the game or £44.99 - £49.99 for the bundle.

With GAME putting the price of Wii Sports Resort up to £44.99, it would seem that will be the bundle price.

Ah damn...ok...looks like there won't be a saving then, typical!

Still £19.99 for MotionPlus is much better then i expected!

EDIT: Saying that it's $20 in US so we're getting mightly screwed!

Edited by Owen

I'm gonna say:

- Henin

- Pat Cash

- Hewitt

- Navratilova

- ??

I wasn't sure about the guys, but Cash and Hewitt seem good enough guesses, though if that's Hewitt I think it could be better,

- Henin

- Cash

- Hewitt

- Lezza

- Serena Williams [seeing as we've had Venus]

Edited by Retro_Link

Hmmm, that looks like Venus' face though to me!! And Henin? That's poor if that's right!!

Still can't wait to see which wins the battle, this or Virtua!!

What I fear may happen is that Virtua has the better modes and this has the better content (players, stadiums etc.). But which will play better?!

Hmm it didn't seem to work quite as well as he seemed to think it did!

But I think he should have been controlling the character and thus keeping Mac still. With the computer controlling Mac it got a little hectic when he was trying to demonstrate stuff.

I do think it will control really well though, just not the best video!

Can you control the movement? If so, I want to see how that works, because it just seems like a more indepth version of WiiSports Tennis at the moment.