NEurope
thirtynine.

Tickets Touts

Hi,

Today i woke up at 8:30 so i could buy tickets to see the yeah yeah yeah's, which were released at 9:00. I like them alot. I actually buy their music. By like 9:05 they were all sold out, and sever fail ment i didnt get one. Now i look on ebay and see THIS

Seriously? 50 quid. They were only like 18. This bellend bought tickets. Which i could have had, specificity to put them on ebay straight away, hes not even doing it right and waiting till closer to the even so the price rises. Not only is he a scumbag but hes also a n00b.

FAIL. Touts are fail.

Much hatred for them. But what are the ways around it?

Y' could have forced-pick-up at venue, but just with a code? can be texted. Maybe send tickets out so they arrive the day before/day of a gig? Unfair if the post goes wrong.

Perhaps ticket sites operate like facebook, then police and shut down offenders? Or last... some form of ID verification at purchase and venue.

Kinda reminds me of train tickets. You either book waaay in advance, or suddenly if you travel on the day you have to pay a crapload more money for a ticket that they sell to you even if they know there are no seats on the train left as they've all been reserved. BAH! STUFF! BAD!

Nah, he's actually doing it properly. Selling them straight away you know you're going to make money, tickets quite often go for less right before the concert because they're desperately trying to get rid of them.

But yeah, it's annoying that people do this. But you should still be allowed to sell them in case something comes up and you can't actually make the gig.

Ticket touts annoy me, they cost the artists money this way. The tickets i bought for Bon Jovi back this time last year cost me £50 each from Ticketmaster. Ebay sellers were selling them for £150-£200 per ticket, same as the ones i had.

And these touts were even selling them outside and inside the stadium for same prices, but for lesser tickets.

In some ways, jayseven is right with the way the tickets are issued, mine came 4 days before the event but the money was taken the day i bought them.

Edit: Ok, i read the above by Charlie and that way works as well in the event of not being able to go to the gig.

Ticket touts annoy me, they cost the artists money this way.

How do you figure? The artist charges a set amount of money for people to see them. People pay money to see them. The artist gets the money.

The fact that some fans pay more doesn't really matter.

Hi,

Today i woke up at 8:30 so i could buy tickets to see the yeah yeah yeah's, which were released at 9:00. I like them alot. I actually buy their music. By like 9:05 they were all sold out, and sever fail ment i didnt get one. Now i look on ebay and see THIS

Seriously? 50 quid. They were only like 18. This bellend bought tickets. Which i could have had, specificity to put them on ebay straight away, hes not even doing it right and waiting till closer to the even so the price rises. Not only is he a scumbag but hes also a n00b.

FAIL. Touts are fail.

It should be illegal. If people buy them and something comes up then they should be the one to take the hit, otherwise people can just carry on selling them and making a stupid profit.

We can only hope that there is some balancing force in the universe that causes these people to die alone, painfully, and soon.

What I also hate is that you can now sell concert tickets on Play.com.

What a load of shit, I had a similar story a way back and missed out on tickets for The Killers (ticketmaster queued me for 15 mins then told me they were sold out). Went on Play.com to buy some stuff and saw that bastards were selling tickets on there for £200!!

Touts are wankers, but the only way around them is to put a name on each ticket and then have ID at the door to prove you bought them. But the hassle for door staff would probably be too much.

What about people who have genuine reasons for selling tickets? God knows I don't want to be stuck with tickets to a gig I can't go to. Not everybody is a rip-off merchant out to scam people.

Besides if people are willing to pay £200 for some £30 tickets then that's their own stupid fault.

This is why on some websites them limit the person to a number of a tickets. I believe for download etc your only allowed a limited number. I'm pretty sure you could only buy 4 or something when I last saw rise against.

Unfortunatly it'll never get rid of them completely, but it should be enforced so much more than it is.

Hi,

FAIL. Touts are fail.

They sell them straight away because people panic buy, towards the event he touts try shift em.

Supply and demand, I'm afraid. VERY powerful forces ...
Thats it =]

Yeah, they're a bunch of tossers.

Why?

Isnt this what the ticket offices do anyway?

It might annoy you, but its only like anything else.

The ticket offices buy them, and sell them for a profit.

Pisses me off when it happens to me, but its a fact of life.

Supply and demand, I'm afraid. VERY powerful forces ...
Bang on the money there.

This is why on some websites them limit the person to a number of a tickets. I believe for download etc your only allowed a limited number. I'm pretty sure you could only buy 4 or something when I last saw rise against.

Unfortunatly it'll never get rid of them completely, but it should be enforced so much more than it is.

Aye, I can't remember the last time you could buy more than 4 anywhere. iirc even box offices are limiting how many an individual can buy. I remember when I queued up from 3am with a mate outside a box office in brighton the night before the green day tickets came out. We were 3rd/4th in line! We were buying like 6 tickets each...

Why?

Isnt this what the ticket offices do anyway?

It might annoy you, but its only like anything else.

The ticket offices buy them, and sell them for a profit.

Why? I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not...

So basically, from what I can gather, you're saying it's fine for people to increase the price further because the original company are making a profit? How dare a company make profit! Everyone knows it's unacceptable to make anything other than a loss.

But yeah, people buying them to sell for loads do nothing other than click 'buy' then 'sell', the lowlife scroungers. And let's face it, a lot of them probably are.

Why? I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not...

So basically, from what I can gather, you're saying it's fine for people to increase the price further because the original company are making a profit? How dare a company make profit! Everyone knows it's unacceptable to make anything other than a loss.

But yeah, people buying them to sell for loads do nothing other than clic`k 'buy' then 'sell', the lowlife scroungers. And let's face it, a lot of them probably are.

No, what im saying is i see nothing wrong with making a profit. If they fiond a system to make profit its all ok by me...

No, what im saying is i see nothing wrong with making a profit. If they fiond a system to make profit its all ok by me...

Digging up human remains and selling on organs. That actually happens, so are you ok with that?

Touts are the Scum of the Universe.

Tickets should be printed with some kind of ID of them. There is no way someone should pay x2 as much for a gig. Plus I HIGHLY doubt touts declare this as a second income, therefore I'm surprised the government hasn't made an effort to try and correct this.

Glasto has is spot on.

What about people who have genuine reasons for selling tickets? God knows I don't want to be stuck with tickets to a gig I can't go to. Not everybody is a rip-off merchant out to scam people.

If people can't go then they should sell their tickets on at the original value. I've bought tickets for a gig I couldn't make, I sold the tickets on eBay at the price that I paid for them.

Mr brother had two extra tickets to the NFL game at Wembley so he sold them to his friends but charged them at least £20 extra for the privilege. I thought it was absolutely disgusting. His response was ''credit crunch''.

Digging up human remains and selling on organs. That actually happens, so are you ok with that?

Thats illegal though, its also a completly different circumstance.

Tickets have no emotional value added to them untill you actually get them.

If people can't go then they should sell their tickets on at the original value. I've bought tickets for a gig I couldn't make, I sold the tickets on eBay at the price that I paid for them.

I'm not disputing that. But people are talking about photo ID and not being able to sell tickets on at all.

I too was trying to get Yeah yeah yeahs tickets on friday morning. I failed to get saturday standing (what I wanted) but ended up with sunday level 1 unreserved seating/standing.......

I checked out ebay and saw loads on there for double the asking price. Unfortunately thats the way it is these days. There is a lot of money to be made in selling gig tickets. It annoys the hell out of me but how do you stop it completely?

Arctic Monkeys are pretty hardcore against the touts. To get tickets to a lot of their gigs you have to sign up to their website and when tickets go on sale you get a special link and then you can only buy 2 tickets. The tickets dont get sent to you but instead you take your confirmation number and card you booked with and in you go. Fucks touts up.

This website is the best to use to buy tickets for sold out events:

http://www.scarletmist.com

People sell tickets on there for gigs they can no longer make and they have to sell at face value.

I've got a couple of tickets from there before. Only thing is it's up to you to arrange the exchange, I always do it in person as its easier. It's a good site and a good way to beat the touts. Fans selling to fans rather than arseholes trying to make many selling to fans.

You should all be angry at the artists themselves. How dare they charge you money to listen to their music.

Another way to solve the whole but-what-if-I-can't-go,-I-should-be-able-to-try-and-get-my-money-back thing; if you buy online you shouldn't be charged until the day of the event, or maybe you actually pay for it once you are inside the venue. That way if you don't go, you don't lose out.