NEurope
david.dakota

Excitebots: Trick Racing

GoNintendo impressions.

Stupid fun…100% stupid fun. I mean that in the best way possible. Excitebots is absolutely insane, outlandish, and pure racing fun.

In the few hours that I’ve spent with the game, I’ve had a huge smile on my face. Whether I was knocking down bowling pins, whipping myself off of bars, collecting butterflies while gliding through the air, or just plain racing, all of it was a huge amount of fun. I really did love ExciteTrucks, but Excitebots has it beat.

I’ve also played a few online matches, and so far I’ve enjoyed them without a hitch. I’ve been sticking to regular races, but I plan on checking out the poker matches tomorrow evening. So far, all my experiences online have been really positive. I do miss the ability to talk via WiiSpeak, but it’s a minor quibble. It certainly doesn’t take away from the insane fun that Excitebots provides.

So far, I’ve found myself becoming absolutely addicted to gaining as many stars as possible. Those that played ExciteTrucks know that getting first place isn’t necessarily going to win you the race. You have to rake in other stars during the race. Excitebots gives you a ton of methods for pulling together stars. I do my best to hit every jump, fly through every ring, and do absolutely anything I can to add a few more stars to my score. Beating a race in first place by 25 stars over the limit is great, but smashing the S-Rank with 100 extra stars feels really good.

I’ll have my full review of Excitebots later on this week. Until then, I’m going to spend some more time laughing at just how silly this game is. Excitebots never takes itself seriously, and goes out of the way to provide a gaming experience that is pure fun. Too bad much of the industry seems to have forgotten what fun in games was all about.

IGN Review

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/975/975068p1.html

Just saw the quick look for this on Giant Bomb.

I always liked Excite Truck but never picked it up, do we have a release date for this yet?

Just saw the quick look for this on Giant Bomb.

I always liked Excite Truck but never picked it up, do we have a release date for this yet?

Im afraid not :( Go buy Excite Truck to pass the time away until its arrival :D

Wii Folder have put up 2 videos:

And here's a video showing off Wifi mode:

Edited by Helmsly

The music in that Wi-fi video is truly awful, it looks great fun otherwise but I kinda wish they didn't cram in every single crazy mini game they could think it's whacky as it is with the bots and some of the games look really distracting. Also only having two player split screen is a bit lame this day and age there isn't even any computer controlled bots or the option to play it online with another player in split screen like in Mario Kart but it's only six players online, I guess having the space allocated to one player only makes sense.

Edited by The-Ironflame

My ExciteTruck disk is unreadable, so I may well pick this up as a replacement.

My ExciteTruck disk is unreadable, so I may well pick this up as a replacement.

If that ever happens to me, I'll cry. Niagara Falls is a result of my WWF No Mercy data erasing itself.

Good grief, I just watched those videos and this game looks like a multi-tasking nightmare. Still looks heaps of fun though and so I look forward to becoming a heap of sweaty dribbly mould of jelly like goo once I've completed a circuit. Don't think my shakey nervous disposition will thank me for it though. Can't wait to get this one.

Good grief, I just watched those videos and this game looks like a multi-tasking nightmare. Still looks heaps of fun though and so I look forward to becoming a heap of sweaty dribbly mould of jelly like goo once I've completed a circuit. Don't think my shakey nervous disposition will thank me for it though. Can't wait to get this one.

At first it's a bit of a multi-tasking nightmare, BUT if you played Excitetruck to death like most of us have, it soon becomes apparent that's it's pretty easy to get into, on the second or third race it all clicks and it's by far the wackiest game i have ever played in my life.

The game was created with Simple fun in mind, excellent for quick bursts and the added mini-games in races don't feel out of place either!

Love the idea of the 'bots', at one point your bot goes on foot and you have to tilt the wii-wheel in motion with it's running to pick up speed, it's superb..then it jumps on a grind-pole (like Sonic) and your well away..it's like your on speed playing it (i guess, never took drugs..but you get the point).

Excellent!

..after somehow not really being that interested in this after loving Excite Truck, I have to say that watching the IGN and GameSpot reviews has me completely sold.. the game looks awesome :yay:

Gametrailers Review - 7.6

Not sure I'd agree with them on the visuals; maybe it's something that comes across more in front of you on a TV, but the online videos have looked really nice IMO.

Also after playing Nintendo games all my life I can quite easily put up with ExciteBots music!

Hmm, it's a strange review. I think someone else might have given it a higher score, whilst another reviewer would go for something lower. There doesn't look to be anything fundamentally wrong with it. So, it's really a case of enjoying this particular style, because everything else seems to be an improvement over ExciteTruck.

I'm getting increasingly worried about the PAL launch for this game.

There are a lot of good games on the way very soon and I just don't see this fitting into the equation somehow, :hmm: not before Motion Plus comes out anyway, and I think that's going to be a really bad move if they hold this back beyond that point. :shakehead

Come on NoE, surprise us... please!

Perhaps it's something that they'll simply push out of the door like Disaster. I hope not, seeing as it's kind of a big racing title on the Wii, and there aren't many racers coming its way. It should be out by June but with Another Code R coming out in that month, they may push it back to July/August to stretch out their titles.

If that ever happens to me, I'll cry. Niagara Falls is a result of my WWF No Mercy data erasing itself.

wasnt that a common bug with that game though?

I got the ntsc version of this game and it's fantastic. If you liked Excitetrucks you will like this as it's a great evolution of the series.

And you can even

Excitetruck as a racer!

Seriously considering buying this game as I loved ExciteTruck, hopefully the online mode will be good.

I'm getting increasingly worried about the PAL launch for this game.

There are a lot of good games on the way very soon and I just don't see this fitting into the equation somehow, :hmm: not before Motion Plus comes out anyway, and I think that's going to be a really bad move if they hold this back beyond that point. :shakehead

Come on NoE, surprise us... please!

Your sig is the sickest shit, the game looks crap but its mr t mother fucker

no news of a pal release then? its not even listed on amazon or play...................

This game struggled to sell in US....

Can't believe this still hasn't got a release date. But it's probably for the best with all the games that I need to play through (including Excite Trucks)

This game struggled to sell in US....

Can't believe this still hasn't got a release date. But it's probably for the best with all the games that I need to play through (including Excite Trucks)

If there's no news in the next couple of months I'm just going to import it, I think. I hope this doesn't follow the same trend as Disaster DoC. Would be a shame but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo.

I just don't think "bots" are saleable- a really, really poor choice of vehicle in my opinion. They're just silly and unappealing IMO.

Its actually typical of Nintendo, at times they're so desperate to be different, they make really stupid choices.

We all wanted Excite Truck 2 or Excitebike Wii- but wait, its been done by Sony, so just to be different Nintendo slap in some crazy "bots" and screw yet another loved franchise.