NEurope
Tellyn

Tiger Woods 2010 - MotionPlus Confirmed!

it depends on your settings. i'm not playing with advanced controls because i'm a complete beginner to the game.

You for get the main draw of this version - motion plus.

That may be true to a degree, but no matter what difficulty settings you end up choosing the game has always been stupidly easily.

It's not just exclusive to the Wii version either as it is the same in all the others, although at least the Wii has the definitive version this year, there is still no getting over the fact that this series has been plagued with the same problem for years and I can't see Motion plus making a whole lot of difference.

Perhaps if EA were to drop some of the unlockables (the main reason for the ease in difficulty IMO) and provide a challenge for once the game would be worth a look again.

Then you have the elastic AI which tries (but usually fails) to trip you up even when you happen to be 70 under par in a Tournament, so this series has a long way to go before being worth the time.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

nobody seems to have this on the other consoles board so thought i would ask in here as the wii version is basically the same game with different controls.

I have the 360 version and wanna know how you improve the power stats. I do the drills and it goes up but then when I complete a round in career mode the stats go back down. I cannot drive the ball further than 250 yards. On long Par 4 courses I am struggling to hit the green in two shots. When I play online the other players are hitting the ball much further than me.

I do not play with the silly unrealistic assists where you can add more power or spin while the ball is in the air for example. Is that the only way you can improve your power? I hope not or my copy is not gonna be played much.

Edited by khilafah

I can't answer your question as I've not played it enough. But why on earth would anyone get the 360 version over the Wii version? Truly, truly baffling. If you didn't have a choice fair enough...but...you do! It's worth it for Disk Golf alone!!!

That may be true to a degree, but no matter what difficulty settings you end up choosing the game has always been stupidly easily.

It's not just exclusive to the Wii version either as it is the same in all the others, although at least the Wii has the definitive version this year, there is still no getting over the fact that this series has been plagued with the same problem for years and I can't see Motion plus making a whole lot of difference.

Perhaps if EA were to drop some of the unlockables (the main reason for the ease in difficulty IMO) and provide a challenge for once the game would be worth a look again.

Then you have the elastic AI which tries (but usually fails) to trip you up even when you happen to be 70 under par in a Tournament, so this series has a long way to go before being worth the time.

No this year its different advanced controls make it much much harder especially putting dear god. I think this will be more to liking than past tiger woods games.

So many options just been playing a few with my dad would recommend the game highly!

No this year its different advanced controls make it much much harder especially putting dear god. I think this will be more to liking than past tiger woods games.

So many options just been playing a few with my dad would recommend the game highly!

putting on pro tour mode is crazy.. so hard to judge!

Damp greens are killers also as judging the power is tough.

Finished first round at 22 over par! hahaha

On a more serious note am I fucked for the get an average score of so and so on tour mode.

I wish the average was reset every month as I am bound to suck now and its going to make it hard to correct my score as my character improves.

Got plus 16 last game! lol

I highly recommend the game. Despite my awful score I actually feel the motion plus controls are really beginning to click in a way that shows how beyond normal wii controls they are.

This game is what I wanted from golf on the Wii from the beginning, precise control as well as being damn hard like the real thing!

Very impressed, get it people so we can get a tourney going with user characters.

May have to think about give this a rent then, when I find a game that I feel is worth picking up a Motion Plus for (and yes, I can't get enthused about Sports Resort, The Conduit or Gland Slam Tennis ::shrug:).

I'm tempted to get this, but I can't help but think once I get Wii Sports Resort with it's Golf and Golf Frisbee, Tiger wont get played very much.

PigMarcher if you want this game to be hard it can be extremely hard....precision putting and complex controls - it's awesome. You don't get any swing meters, you've just got to judge it, but the controls are so good it feels great.

And retro, you may be right, but this game has so many modes it's unreal, depends how much you like golf games though! And it's online!

PigMarcher if you want this game to be hard it can be extremely hard....precision putting and complex controls - it's awesome. You don't get any swing meters, you've just got to judge it, but the controls are so good it feels great.

And retro, you may be right, but this game has so many modes it's unreal, depends how much you like golf games though! And it's online!

How are you doing on it DazzyBee?

Im still getting plus 15 rounds with my user created character but I love playing it still! lol

Only played one full 18 and got 5 over - not bad for a first go. I started off 3 under after the first 6

Only played one full 18 and got 5 over - not bad for a first go. I started off 3 under after the first 6

Damn that makes me feel awful!

It's my first Tiger Woods, and I'm loving it! Definitely have to play this with MotionPlus, though. Only play WiiGolf and Pangya before, but this blows them both out of the water controlwise.

Disc mode is a gift from heaven! The difference between MotionPlus and MotionMinus is incredible. And lot and lots of modes!

Who'd have though that. An EA Sports game worth getting for something else than an official license?

I know, my three main games at the minute are Active, Grand Sam and Tiger.... EA you've converted me!!

OUt of interest guys how much free space do you need in your living room to play this?

OUt of interest guys how much free space do you need in your living room to play this?

No more than WiiSport. You have to be able to stand up and do a full swing. Unless you have gargantuan arms, there shouldn't be a problem. Safety tip: be sure there isn't a chandelier or something like that haning above you. And when playing Disc Golf: use the safety strap. You never know.