NEurope
Ren of Heavens

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Did your copy show up today as well?

It did but I'm waiting til everyone is asleep to play. Probably post impressions in the early hours of the morning.

Is it just me, or do all Wii games that get distributed by Konami have incredibly irregular behaviour at launch?

It's been like this with a few non-Konami games too recently hasn't it? Or maybe that's just me.

I've managed to get through to GAME, and clearly told them that the date had changed, they were wrong, gave examples of the correct date, even giving them the number of Konami.

They still claimed they had the right date.

Wow, stubborn. :heh:

Guess I'm wasting my time then. ::shrug:

Don't really want to cancel though as I'm getting a pretty good deal with reward points.

Hmm... What to do? :blank:

It's been like this with a few non-Konami games too recently hasn't it? Or maybe that's just me.
Perhaps.

The only other one I can recall is the catastrophe Majesco had with Blastworks. :nono:

I went for the free delivery thingy with Amazon, so I'll probably get the game early next week. I went for that one because...I'm tight on money at the moment. Not only that, but I wouldn't be able to play eet anyway as I'm planning to kick arse at the gym and watch the footie all weekend.

Really psyched for this. Give eet to meee.

So far, so terrifying.

I won't spoil anything so I'll just say it's the attention to detail which really brings this to life. What really disturbs me (second to the horrifying chase scenes of course) are some of the back stories you come across. There's one you can find out about in the woods part of the game which I could have really done without knowing. Not overly gross or anything like ghost stories. Just ones that have a very real tone to them that make them so believable and more disturbing than any monster.

I'm also very weary of exploring anything other than what I think I'm supposed to. It often seems to lead me to even more trouble...

Where did you order from?

Did your copy show up today as well?

I've been trying to get in touch with GAME to find out what's going on, no luck so far though. :hmm:

Is it just me, or do all Wii games that get distributed by Konami have incredibly irregular behaviour at launch? It was a similar story with Eledees and Marbles! Balance Challenge. :blank:

Well i ordered it from my local retailer (in holland), they also said that the releasedate has changed. Really stupid of Konami to not say that in public with some kind of press release. Even the official konami site still says march 2010.

It almost sounds like they dont have any faith in selling the game.

Picked this up from GameStop today, played it for a bit, till when you get out of the cop car. Enjoyed it, looks great, love the intro... oddly the girl saying "i love my daddy" has more of a sad tone to it, maybe because you know something is going to go wrong.

I'm getting a little bit paranoid with what I do and look at thinking how will this effect the game if I look at something too long, or which direction I go in :heh:

First nightmare scene was cool, trying to throw those things off you really have to do the action as if they were on you.

Probably won't play again till Sunday or Monday though as I still have Fatal Frame 4 to finish and want to get that done first before getting stuck into something else.

Well, my Amazon order has been delayed and they've said that I won't receive the game for at least a week. Something about stock issues.

I also went into Gamestation today. I asked them about Silent Hill and the guy clearly didn't have a clue. He then asked a colleague who confirmed that it was out today...but that they hadn't received the game.

Wow. This is excellent. Spent a good four hours on it yesterday, the chases are terrifying - a work of genius in fact; honestly, running through a corridor, knocking over lockers with penis monsters chasing you, unrelenting (and pretty darn fast too) is horrifying.

This is, in my opinion, as good as Resident Evil 4 - its certainly scarier (my one compaint about RE4), just as playable, brilliantly creative and quite unsettling in places. Its quite honestly be best survival horror since Eternal Darkness.

Climax - get back to work with Silent Hill 2.

This is, in my opinion, as good as Resident Evil 4 - its certainly scarier (my one compaint about RE4), just as playable, brilliantly creative and quite unsettling in places. Its quite honestly be best survival horror since Eternal Darkness.

This is good! How's the lack of combat? I'm interested to hear whether it enhances the game play or not.

Sounding good, very good. icon14.gif

Please remember to use spoiler tags, people. : peace:

I ended up cancelling with GAME, what with them being dicks about the release date. :indeed:

So I ordered it from Zavvi and it's already on the way!

With any luck it'll arrive early next week.

Such a shame that yet another big third party title gets the shitiest of launches. :nono:

This is good! How's the lack of combat? I'm interested to hear whether it enhances the game play or not.

Absolutely enhances the gameplay - because its done so well you don't really notice the lack of it.

I'm really interested in going through this a second time round and seeing how different the game will be.

I gave this a go last night thinking "Oh it's okay, when I played it before I wasn't expecting the horror to be quite so strong so I'll be ready for it this time." But then...

Everything and everyone around me turn to ice, I'm suddenly in a wheelchair and have to push both the wiimote and nunchuk forward repeatedly to get the hell out of these nightmarish hallways. Boy did I panic.

Those faceless monsters shouldn't ever exist.

Those faceless monsters shouldn't ever exist.

And the fact they...

simply stroke you after they've killed you is just plain unsettling

Thinking back to when you said

Climax - get back to work with Silent Hill 2.

I'm thinking how Konami would go about getting a new composer for whatever game is next in the series. I mean if there's one name you associate with Silent Hill it's Yamaoka, and knowing he wouldn't be involved would certainly feel odd when listening to the music. I know it's possible but it will be a massive challenge for someone else to even contemplate replacing him.

I say this because the Silent Hill games are some of the only I've bought the soundtracks of.

Edit:

Wow. Even the credits were brilliant.

The ending I got was phenomenal. Great finish and almost had me tearing up.

Almost.

Edited by STOOPIDDITTIES
Automerged Doublepost

hey guys, got a question.

i've got some led lights behind my tv that can be switch to multiple colors (like red, blue ext). Would you advice me to play this game without those lights on?

core question: Is a horror game scarier in a dark room than in a dim lighted room?

Personally I play without any lights on whatsoever and the headphones on. But it's a matter of preference really and what works best for you.

The lights distract me.

Thinking back to when you said

I'm thinking how Konami would go about getting a new composer for whatever game is next in the series. I mean if there's one name you associate with Silent Hill it's Yamaoka, and knowing he wouldn't be involved would certainly feel odd when listening to the music. I know it's possible but it will be a massive challenge for someone else to even contemplate replacing him.

I say this because the Silent Hill games are some of the only I've bought the soundtracks of.

Edit:

Wow. Even the credits were brilliant.

The ending I got was phenomenal. Great finish and almost had me tearing up.

Almost.

Yea finished it yesterday, what a game it was. This is the first 3th party game on wii that i would rather have on the wii than on my xbox. Controlling your flashlight is so immersive.

Graphics are really good but looking at the ps2 version im 100% sure that they could get more out of the wii if they would try.

Gameplay is really fun not for a minute did i want to get a gun to shoot those faseless creatures to bits, only downside is that the faseless enemies are the only enemies in the game. I would love to have more variety in enemies for a potential sequal.

Length is the only think i complain about, the game was far to short i completed the game in 6 hours (i completed homecoming in 10-12 hours). Normaly i would say i would rather have a good short game that a bad 40 hour game. But i think games nowaday needs atleast 7 or 8 hours of gameplay.

To see that this game already outsold homecoming on ps3 (us sales) in a mere 10 week period instead of 72 weeks(for homecoming to get the same). I could almost smell a sequal heading to the wii and i would love that.

Only thing im worried about is the firstweek sales of shattered memories in europe, they changed the launch date 3 times and no-one really knew the excect date. Thats really a shame, but the result of that will be known in 1 or 2 weeks. ( hope it did good, because i want a sequal)

Length is the only think i complain about, the game was far to short i completed the game in 6 hours (i completed homecoming in 10-12 hours). Normaly i would say i would rather have a good short game that a bad 40 hour game. But i think games nowaday needs atleast 7 or 8 hours of gameplay.

I think the developers had in mind that people would want to play through this several times choosing different things. Considering there are 7 different endings I know I certainly will. Probably aim for 3 or 4 times which will certainly add up to more than the 10-12 hours of Homecoming.

Anyway.

Homecoming was crap. :heh:

I think the developers had in mind that people would want to play through this several times choosing different things. Considering there are 7 different endings I know I certainly will. Probably aim for 3 or 4 times which will certainly add up to more than the 10-12 hours of Homecoming.

Anyway.

Homecoming was crap. :heh:

i agree homecoming was not the best silent hill game, but more chapters in the game certaintly wouldnt hurt the game.

Look at zelda would it justify a 6 hour length if it had 7 endings?

Next week im going to replay shattered memories, but i miss the creapy dog, nurses and piramid heads. Hopefully they will be featured in an potential sequal.

Its certainly a 3th party effort with a big budget compared to most 3th party games.

Well, my copy is now on the way. Amazon have despatched it, so it should be here before the week is out. Coming home from work every day this week will be exciting. I hope this gets here for Friday night, so I can play it then. :)

It looks like its selling well, so this can only be good news for more future games of this type.

Is it just atmospheric stuff or is there anything worth listening to?

There are some songs too, like the ones in the vids Boomstick posted. I love it personally.