NEurope
Ren of Heavens

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

This. Here's hoping 'the core' come out and support it.

I hope so to, the western market has some lessons they need to learn from the east. Support the game, not the console. If a game is good buy it, dont say "oh its on wii, i want it for 360 in superHd graphics". Japan buys a system where great games come out, be it for wii, 360 or ps3.

Japanese people never buy microsoft consoles, untill the exclusive Tales of Vesperia (is timed exclusive but no-one really new at launch), japanese people buy a console only for vesperia.

Dont hate wii, by now the wii has a great library of software for the core (7+ to 18+) so no excuse not to buy a wii.

This. Here's hoping 'the core' come out and support it.

Japan and Europe have a typically much larger core fanbase then the United States (just take a look at Little King's Story sales), so I really wouldn't worry. It will sell, as it's an established franchise...I hope.

looks like the game will be released earlier than once thought, the releasedate is now 26 february (instead of 4 march) according to nintendos official sites and some retailer outlets.

Really a shame that konami isnt giving any information for the europeans, they dont even confirm a releasedate on there site except for the vague march 2010.

Hope this isnt a sign for the sales.

Bam, pre-order down for me.

What with the confusion concerning the date, I've really no idea when to expect it through the door. I'm sticking with probably March 5th, but if it's waiting for me when I get back from Krakow at the end of the month, then great.

I know a small number of people who lack perspective have claimed that this hasn't done as well as it 'should' have done on Wii, but honestly, it's tracked a lot better than each of the last HD games, which obviously would have costed a LOT more to develop. Plus, people forget the Silent Hill series hasn't been 'mainstreamly' popular on a commercial level since Silent Hill 2. If this ends up doing 400k worldwide on Wii alone, then that's a phenomenal achievement for the series. It's certainly not an impossibility - decent games do sell in Europe, and word of mouth is a major part of that here.

On a more personal level, I can't wait to play it. I've not been able to avoid the general opinion of the game, so I doubt I'll be blown away, but I have been able to avoid what to to expect in the game past the first five or ten minutes we saw back at E3 last year.

Who else here is getting it?

Who else here is getting it?

Its a must buy for me. Since its announcement, i loved the idea of running, just running from the enemy and the psycho profiling just inspired - reminded me of Eternal Darkness in some way, breaking the fourth wall with a clever gameplay mechanic.

Its got the attention of a couple of one-console (PS3, 360) owners too.

This and Red Steel 2 are definites. I'm going for that 30 quid plus motion plus deal for Red Steel, but I don't know about where to get Silent Hill from. I don't usually pre-order games.

Its a must buy for me. Since its announcement, i loved the idea of running, just running from the enemy and the psycho profiling just inspired - reminded me of Eternal Darkness in some way, breaking the fourth wall with a clever gameplay mechanic.

Agreed 100%! The designers spoke about when you wake up from a scary nightmare, where you wouldn't be blowing the monster away with a shotgun / beating the crap out of it with a baseball bat, chances are you'd be running and/or hiding from it.

Unrelated, I only just found out earlier today about ED's "looking in the bath" shock.

I'm buying this for sure!

...I only just found out earlier today about ED's "looking in the bath" shock.

AWESOME moment in gaming!

looks like the game will be released earlier than once thought, the releasedate is now 26 february (instead of 4 march) according to nintendos official sites and some retailer outlets.

Who is promoting this as released on the 26th? My retailers still show 5 March.

Who is promoting this as released on the 26th? My retailers still show 5 March.

a view of my local retailers has 26th february as the release date.

offtopic:

Shattered memories has sold 3,432 copies in its 10th week in america, total american sales of the wii version is now at 140 000.

a view of my local retailers has 26th february as the release date.

offtopic:

Shattered memories has sold 3,432 copies in its 10th week in america, total american sales of the wii version is now at 140 000.

Dutch webshop Bol mentions 25-02 as the releasedate.

Edit: With the cheap retail price of € 40,- I might add.

I had money reserved for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and I'll certainly get it eventually, but I think this'll be a better choice for the short term, so I'm getting this on day 1.

Doesn't that put Shattered Memories at the same sales figures for the North American numbers of Silent Hill: Homecoming on the PS3? If so, then that's a great start already.

Doesn't that put Shattered Memories at the same sales figures for the North American numbers of Silent Hill: Homecoming on the PS3? If so, then that's a great start already.

yea thats true, Silent hill homecoming(ps3) sold 140 000 units from the end of 2008 to february 2010. Shattered memories accomplished 140k in a mere 10 weeks.

I've got my copy pre-ordered at GAME:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Wii/Silent-Hill-Shattered-Memories/~r346256/

You usually can't go wrong with them, especially if you want the game as soon as possible. Which if you're pre-ordering is most likely the case. :heh:

: peace:

Cheers for the post. I ended up going with Amazon, because my Red Steel pre-order is with them, so I just did both at the same time. Can't wait for either game, they're going to be great. :)

Has anyones order progressed this week? I'm with Game and still held as a preorder.
A bit too early for that, no? :blank:

Still 10 days to go until release date.

Quite a few places have it listed for release this friday Zavvi, Play, Amazon to name just a few.... But others maintain the 5th March.

Konami have confirmed to me Silent Hill is out this week; 26 February.

I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-order at GAME then, as they should be shipping this today if it's out on Friday, but they still have it down for release next month! :wtf:

I'm looking forward to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories but, like with all games in the forseeable future, I expect to wait for this to come down in price before I invest in it.. though part of me feels bad for not supporting these games :hmm:

I haven't looked at any pictures or videos of the game in such a long time so I'll be in for plenty of surprises when I eventually do get to play it :hehe:

just got my copy of silent hill shattered memories this morning. Started the game so i could see how it looks, i looks amazing on my hdtv almost no jaggies on this one. Going to start the game tonight or tomorrownight:laughing:

just got my copy of silent hill shattered memories this morning.
Where did you order from?

Just got my email from ShopTo that's it'd been sent off :D
Did your copy show up today as well?

I've been trying to get in touch with GAME to find out what's going on, no luck so far though. :hmm:

Is it just me, or do all Wii games that get distributed by Konami have incredibly irregular behaviour at launch? It was a similar story with Eledees and Marbles! Balance Challenge. :blank:

I've managed to get through to GAME, and clearly told them that the date had changed, they were wrong, gave examples of the correct date, even giving them the number of Konami.

They still claimed they had the right date. So I've just purchased it from Shopto, after yet again more messing with card details. Honestly, why I bother with Shopto, i'll never know - they're website is rubbish, they can't process my co op debit card (still).