NEurope
Ren of Heavens

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Yeah but the problem is Wii games don't tend to have legs! I'll be surprised if the total worldwide sales make it over 200,000.

World at War, Resident Evil 4, and even Madworld all say Hi. :)

updated the sales figure of shattered memories with the sales data of week 3 for the us market.

It sold 25,520 copies in week 3 making it a total of 100 000 in its first 3 weeks.

Also is Silent hill shattered memories planned for a japanese release? i know that homecoming got canned for japan.

I guess it might have to do with the switch to Western developers although I don't know why that would stop them releasing completely.

I mean I think everything Silent Hill related has been developed in the West now since The Room? Except the music obviously.

Not sure when the Arcade game came out mind you.

I'm not a huge fan of Silent hill..but very quick impressions 'This is great'.

Scared me then Owen, I thought you was on about this Silent Hill with your first comment...

Give us more. I'm really looking forward to this game; I'm not a massive Silent Hill fan either.

added sales data from week 4 (9,044 units sold), its low mostly because the data is from the first week of januari 2010.

Scared me then Owen, I thought you was on about this Silent Hill with your first comment...

Give us more. I'm really looking forward to this game; I'm not a massive Silent Hill fan either.

It just seems easier to get into...the controls are simple yet effective, the wii-mote as a torch is incredible, graphically i think it's very good! Haven't come across alot of puzzles yet..as i haven't had time to play it much, but they seem to be brilliant and use the wii-mote well! Scary? I would say so..only when your kinda being chased though, otherwise you sorta know your alright which takes the scare factor away. The only Silent Hill which will stay in my collection i think.

Ok, I knew this game was going to turn out to be quite a journey. But, after reading that review, this is my number one game to purchase now. Seems like an absolute gem.

Pity about the short lifespan, but if the game is like it is portrayed in that video and in the impressions, then I won't mind so much. Really excited about this. :)

Pity about the short lifespan

For me, this is what makes the game a rental rather than a purchase (even with the multiple endings), which is a shame as it really does look good.

Iun, I gotta say it: that was a brilliantly entertaining read. Give this man a pay rise.

Now, we here at N-Europe Towers are no pussy-cats: João personally fought off Jack Krauser with only a pistol and some kinky one liners; Derek is known to shower in raw chillies for that “tingly” sensation in his scalp and Tom plays Mario Kart for real with Monster Trucks and endangered Galapagos Turtles. But this game… scared us pantless.

LOL!

The game sounds good, but five hours is too short IMO.

5 hours?! Slightly short...i'll take my time...saying that i can't stand games which go on and on...if it's 5 fun-packed hours, thats good!

For me, this is what makes the game a rental rather than a purchase (even with the multiple endings), which is a shame as it really does look good.

I'm really slow with my games, and although I would like something a bit longer than 5 hours, if it's a good experience then I won't mind forking out for eet. I enjoy replaying games, and I probably will replay it more if it's not such a long adventure, which is a bit odd really.

Iun is a laugh, haha. He's got a good sense of humour, so he's good at writing reviews and features. I laughed at that piece, too.

None of the olders games take longer than that. There is no requirement for games to get progressively longer as a series goes on.

Beyond Good & Evil was criticised for being too short, at around 6 hours. If this is anywhere near as good as BG&E, bring it on :)

shattered memories is delayed in europe, it will now be released on march 4th 2010. Hopefully they will fix the nasty bugs that where apearent in the us version.

source: gonintendo and official site of konami europe.

shattered memories is delayed in europe, it will now be released on march 4th 2010. Hopefully they will fix the nasty bugs that where apearent in the us version.

source: gonintendo and official site of konami europe.

Bugs? Never hear of them in the US version.

RUMOR - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories drawbridge bug?

December 9, 2009,

It sounds like there might be quite a nasty bug out there in the final copy of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. We've heard reports of people losing hours of gameplay due to a glitch/freeze that occurs during a specific portion of the game. From what we've learned, the bug pops up during the drawbridge section of the game, and can cause your game to completely halt. The best tip we can give you is to save often! Thanks to Chris for the heads up.

source:gonintendo

Thanks for that, i'll save often from now on and let you know if there is a bug at the drawbridge bit.

sales from week 5 (5,231) pretty bad if you ask me, but i could verry well be due to the hollyday season so it could rise in sales next week (like some wii games tend to do)