NEurope
Ren of Heavens

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Climax has dropped further hints as to what its secret Konami project could be, saying that the game will be a "stunning and refreshing take on the horror genre."

The developer has already openly revealed it's working on two projects for Konami, one for PSP and Wii, and another for 360 and PS3, as it shows clearly on its homepage.

But in the Jobs Listings section, the dev goes on to hint: "Our future is even more exciting with awesome titles such as Silent Hill Origins, Ferrari, Viva Piñata for Windows and an unannounced title for Codemasters as well as our stunning and refreshing take on the horror genre and our original ground breaking next-gen game for the PS3 and the Xbox 360."

The obvious thing to speculate is that the Wii and PSP horror is a refresh on the Silent Hill series, which would be ace. Climax did the PSP game Silent Hill: Origins.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=209060

Why do they still make games for PSP?

They need a stepladder to the tall shelf of Wii development.

Lol, I think the PSP has been selling well enough around the world. Just quietly going about its business while the DS hogs the limelight.

Lol, I think the PSP has been selling well enough around the world. Just quietly going about its business while the DS hogs the limelight.

The console? Yes. The software? No no.

The console? Yes. The software? No no.

thats because of piracy though.. I mean the psp is so easy to mod and fiddle with its the only reason it's selling so well.

It seems that since games won't sell on the console despite the console selling considerably, they're going to money hat their way out. With the added bonus that they keep Wii games at a PS2 level.

VG247 understands that UK developer Climax is working on a Wii remake of an[sic] the first Silent Hill.

Konami has declined to comment on the talk.

Few specifics are known as yet, but apparently motion control’s been included for torch functions.

The first Silent Hill, designed by Keiichiro Toyama, was released for PlayStation in 1999.

Climax is working on two Konami games, as shown on the firm’s website. The remake is the Wii and PSP project you can see there.

A 360 and PS3 game is also in the works for Konami, but this is an “original ground breaking next-gen game,” according to a Climax job posting.

It seems that since games won't sell on the console despite the console selling considerably, they're going to money hat their way out.

EDIT: Oh, you meant PSP. Yeah, PSP has serious problem with moving software, and in typical NPD-month, PSP software sales consist only 1-2 percent of all software sales. Pretty sad, especially considering that these days, PSP has lots of lovely software.

EDIT: Oh, you meant PSP. Yeah, PSP has serious problem with moving software, and in typical NPD-month, PSP software sales consist only 1-2 percent of all software sales. Pretty sad, especially considering that PSP does have lots of lovely software.

I was referring to the PSP.

Edit: lol.

The PSP might sell decently but many people buy it for it's multimedia functions and there's the piracy.

When you buy a DS you always have the intent to play games.

VG247 understands that UK developer Climax is working on a Wii remake of an[sic] the first Silent Hill.

Konami has declined to comment on the talk.

Few specifics are known as yet, but apparently motion control’s been included for torch functions.

The first Silent Hill, designed by Keiichiro Toyama, was released for PlayStation in 1999.

Climax is working on two Konami games, as shown on the firm’s website. The remake is the Wii and PSP project you can see there.

A 360 and PS3 game is also in the works for Konami, but this is an “original ground breaking next-gen game,†according to a Climax job posting.

but why remake it? Why not make a NEW game FOR the wii?

This is getting incredible. It's great to see brand new games like house of the dead: overkill selling extremely well because I want to see everyones faces when sega start becoming one of the top publishers.

angry rant over :)

It seems that since games won't sell on the console despite the console selling considerably, they're going to money hat their way out. With the added bonus that they keep Wii games at a PS2 level.

My worry is that the team behind the PSP version will port it over the Wii and just add some Wii remote stuff to it and leave it like that.

You'll get to see some video (PSP quality) with some guy doing some Wii waggle movement on youtube and everyone will think it's great. I think some people are starting to get bored of this. It was fresh and fun 2 years ago but now....

This better have a two independant teams working on it, one for the Wii version, one for the PSP.

Because otherwise there's no point in a remake also tailored towards the PSP!

"Refreshing take on the horror genre"?

On-rails it is.

haha, that was quick...i give you that! but on-rails doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing! I have a feeling it will be...like the iphone Silent Hill was a tester for a First Person Wii version, maybe?

haha, that was quick...i give you that! but on-rails doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing!

Absolutely. I love House of the Dead, and looking forward to Dead Space. I wasn't dissing at all!

Hopefully, it is new and refreshing, rather than a 'me too' On-rails re-invention.