NEurope
ReZourceman

Rollercoaster Thread

Lol @ Stealth has a faster acceleration.
Yes but this ride is clearly all about delivering the experience of driving an F1 car!... not bettering every coaster on the planet! Edited by Retro_Link

I found the link last week and meant to post it here, but didn't - they're making a new Superman ride (Escape from Krypton) in Six Flags (one of them) and also a Green Lantern ride that looks...bizarre.

It's a bit of a shame that for all these DC rides in Six Flag parks around the US, there's no rides where the theming matters. I'd love a cool dark ride themed around superheroes. Spider-Man obviously wins at life, but DC could do similar, with better technology these days.

Yeah theres a few GL rides, one is a rethemed B&M (the best) and one is the one you've seen....I've not ridden one but I'm not a fan of them. Ewww. Especially don't like the GL logo being tacked on one and being called a theme but the majority of DC themed coasters are like that.

PS Pretzel loop on Manta....OMG.

I'm liking the trains on this GT coaster. Lack of height does seem to make the layout fairly dull though, hopefully that speed packs a real punch but a lot of it will be lost with the *reasonably* dull acceleration (with the context being the ride is in Dubai)

Dubai Abu Dhabi ;)

It reminds me of Test Track Epcot, with the cars and the track layout. That had some decent acceleration, albeit quite a gradual speed increase.

Have you seen any videos on your searches of the Formula Rossa coaster?

Dubai Abu Dhabi ;)

It reminds me of Test Track Epcot, with the cars and the track layout. That had some decent acceleration, albeit quite a gradual speed increase.

Have you seen any videos on your searches of the Formula Rossa coaster?

I thought Ãbu Dhabi was in Dubai :(

It reminds me of Test Track apart from this one actually looks good. (Mild wink. Test track was okay. In fact I'll be doing my Epcot trip report later today. :))

Havn't seen any more videos of it.

I thought Ãbu Dhabi was in Dubai :(

It reminds me of Test Track apart from this one actually looks good. (Mild wink. Test track was okay. In fact I'll be doing my Epcot trip report later today. :))

Havn't seen any more videos of it.

Yeah I used to get confused, but the F1 circuit built there last year made me look into it.

[Quick Geography lesson] Abu Dhabi is part of the United Arab Emirates which are made up of seven states, of which Abu Dhabi and Dubai are two of them. [/class is out]

Yeah test track isn't incredible or anything (the inside bit was a little bit wank and jaring at times), but I did enjoy the outside acceleration part... just for the fun of it really!

^ That start looks AWESOME!! :bowdown:

At first I thought why's it slowing like that, but actually it's trying to create an F1 experience and that's all about pulling G-Forces under braking and through the long turns & corners, so makes sense!

Would love to give it a go sometime!

ROADTRIP!! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Parc Asterix in France are getting a pretty sick looking (at least layout wise) B&M Inverted (Nemesis, Inferno, Duelling Dragons etc) in...2012 (or 2011)

Parc%20Asterix%20_%20BM.jpg

That does looks awesome!

Is that a good theme park in general, does it have much else?

Rubens Barichello (along with a number of F1 BBC presenters) just tweeted having been on the Formula Rossa...

rubarrichello the roller coast at the Ferrari theme Park is one of the best that I ever being...0 to 240kph in 4.2s...5 gs...awasome
5 G's :D Edited by Retro_Link

Parc Asterix in France are getting a pretty sick looking (at least layout wise) B&M Inverted (Nemesis, Inferno, Duelling Dragons etc) in...2012 (or 2011)

Parc%20Asterix%20_%20BM.jpg

Cool. A dive loop (quite unusual on an inverted), and is that two immelmans I see?

That does looks awesome!

Is that a good theme park in general, does it have much else?

Rubens Barichello (along with a number of F1 BBC presenters) just tweeted having been on the Formula Rossa...

5 G's :D

I think its got some nice well themed rides and (one other big coaster)? Not sure, but with this addition it'll certainly be worth a trip!

Cool. A dive loop (quite unusual on an inverted), and is that two immelmans I see?

Precisely my thoughts (about the dive loop) although I can't quite make out where it goes after that. I think it goes across into the second dive loop (or Immelmann as you say if reversed) and then some kine of weird cobra roll (roll over? Not exactly sure what the criteria for a rollover is)

I hope the Thorpe 2012 coaster is even half as interesting as this one. :D

Also, Alton Towers might be getting Shrek 4D next year. Its not confirmed yet.

Gerstlauer (the makers of Saw The Ride, Speed at Oakwood, erm...Rage at Southend and such) are building their biggest ride ever next year. Its at a Movie Park in Germany, and its in the building which used to house a Gremlins dark ride.

I've aksed, but am unsure if this poster is genuine yet.

GremlinshBanner1.jpg

(Those are Gremlins eyes right?)

So if it is genuine, looks like theres gonna be a Gremlins coaster.

Precisely my thoughts (about the dive loop) although I can't quite make out where it goes after that. I think it goes across into the second dive loop (or Immelmann as you say if reversed) and then some kine of weird cobra roll (roll over? Not exactly sure what the criteria for a rollover is)

A rollover is the element on Vekoma SLCs that inverts you twice but you leave facing the same way you entered. B&M's version is called a "sea serpent" and (although I'm rusty on this) the most well-known to me featured on the West Coast version of Medusa.

I hope the Thorpe 2012 coaster is even half as interesting as this one. :D

Indeed. I hope it's not too extreme, not too excessive and doesn't stray far from the formula of the type of coaster it is. For example, whilst I like Air, I wouldn't like to see an enormous flying coaster that literally starts (ie. no first drop) with a pretzel loop. That design has been seen/rumoured.

I'd really just like a great layout. Obviously it won't be an inverted, but would you really regret if it was just a "normal" floorless or sitdown looper? I wouldn't, I'd love it (remove Colossus, I say, if it's a problem).

Oh, I tell you what'd be brilliant - a junior hyper/speedcoaster! Hill after hill! The UK needs those almost/just as much as it needs more woodies.

Gerstlauer (the makers of Saw The Ride, Speed at Oakwood, erm...Rage at Southend and such) are building their biggest ride ever next year. Its at a Movie Park in Germany, and its in the building which used to house a Gremlins dark ride.

The Euro Fighter at Dollywood started a trend of putting those indoors, so I bet it's one of them. For my money, Gerstlauer's best coasters are their "Bobsleds", ie. luxury wild mouse. How I'd like another one in the UK, ideally at Pleasurewood Hills or Adventure Island.

Holy shit thats fast.

Alonso's face crumbling at the sheer velocity is hilarious.

A rollover is the element on Vekoma SLCs that inverts you twice but you leave facing the same way you entered. B&M's version is called a "sea serpent" and (although I'm rusty on this) the most well-known to me featured on the West Coast version of Medusa.

Indeed. I hope it's not too extreme, not too excessive and doesn't stray far from the formula of the type of coaster it is. For example, whilst I like Air, I wouldn't like to see an enormous flying coaster that literally starts (ie. no first drop) with a pretzel loop. That design has been seen/rumoured.

I'd really just like a great layout. Obviously it won't be an inverted, but would you really regret if it was just a "normal" floorless or sitdown looper? I wouldn't, I'd love it (remove Colossus, I say, if it's a problem).

Oh, I tell you what'd be brilliant - a junior hyper/speedcoaster! Hill after hill! The UK needs those almost/just as much as it needs more woodies.

The Euro Fighter at Dollywood started a trend of putting those indoors, so I bet it's one of them. For my money, Gerstlauer's best coasters are their "Bobsleds", ie. luxury wild mouse. How I'd like another one in the UK, ideally at Pleasurewood Hills or Adventure Island.

Yeah just a normal floorless or sitdown would be fine. The only reason Colossus is so "poor" (and I still enjoy it) but its just those horrendous trains. Theres no room for legs whatsoever.

Also I'd thank the post but am unable tbhhax.

DOUBLE NEWS!

New Thorpe Park ride looks UNBELIEVABLY SHIT. The rust they've painted on looks TOO realistic...like....the rust needs to look a bit intentional. THE SUPPORTS ARE THE MOST UGLY THING I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE. IT MAKES ME WANT TO DIE.

163624_10150099864785867_27217550866_7830225_2404427_n.jpg

156621_10150099864915867_27217550866_7830231_1326363_n.jpg

164609_10150099864955867_27217550866_7830233_8264984_n.jpg

¬But in good Thorpe news....teaser for their 2012 rollercoaster.

lc12.jpg

FYI, pretty fucking exciting news, the LC12 (Thorpe 2012 coaster) planning application has been submitted, 126 feet high, and we'll see the plans (as the public) on Friday.

Hopefully it should be a B&M Wing Rider.

That's awesome, Rez. I feared it might be a dive coaster (which are not my thing), but at "only" 126ft, there's a good chance it'll be something more interesting to me. The Wing Rider just became that much more likely.

Also, Thorpe's annual publicity stunt is better than usual this year. They have "relocated" (cough) the new water ride because the area was "haunted"! It's all good fun: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354393/Thorpe-Park-Storm-Surge-ride-Headless-monk-seen-workmen.html

How come Dive Machines aren't your thing? I love them. SHIT LOADS.

Krake looks fucking sick.

167848_193468140679963_100000503364031_696049_1287952_n.jpg